CB750

Crazy cheap for a bike in that shape. You could probably sell that as a project bike here for 5-8 times that price.

Dumb question, but we're the old CB'S dry sump and is that an oil tank under the seat?
 
kmoney_imp said:
Crazy cheap for a bike in that shape. You could probably sell that as a project bike here for 5-8 times that price.

Dumb question, but we're the old CB'S dry sump and is that an oil tank under the seat?
Yes, and yes!
 
That IS crazy cheap.

I'd be suspicious, frankly. Here in Montana, a replacement "bonded" title is relatively easy to get - UNLESS. Unless someone comes forward with a claim against the machine. I don't know how much proof is required to assert ownership - but if I'm going in with just a handwritten receipt from someone who never owned the machine, I'm not gonna have much to stand on.

Eugene is not that terribly far away. I'm thinking about it...I need another bike like a hole in the head, but just getting the title cleared (five years and a clear title is issued) makes it tempting.
 
JustPassinThru_imp said:
That IS crazy cheap.

I'd be suspicious, frankly. Here in Montana, a replacement "bonded" title is relatively easy to get - UNLESS. Unless someone comes forward with a claim against the machine. I don't know how much proof is required to assert ownership - but if I'm going in with just a handwritten receipt from someone who never owned the machine, I'm not gonna have much to stand on.

Eugene is not that terribly far away. I'm thinking about it...I need another bike like a hole in the head, but just getting the title cleared (five years and a clear title is issued) makes it tempting.
A bit easier here in Texas... Small fee and title is issued on the spot. But if a numbers scan turns up a flag; 'Receiving Stolen..' receipt or not.

Good luck.
 
$200 is a great price. Go for it... kinda like buying 200 lottery tickets at one time. You'd probably have better odds with the 750. Get as much documentation as you can.

-Bill of Sale
-signed document by the seller describing the circumstances.
* wouldn't hurt to take a buddy along that just happens to be Notary Public.
(DMV's love notarized documents)

Good luck!
 
husky385_imp said:
jamestkirk_imp said:
e-mailed seller.

looks like i'm behind Kevin...

-Kirk Out
If they are like my wife checking Email it may be weeks before they answer one.:beerchug:
Kevin
If they are like my wife checking Email it may be weeks before they answer one.:beerchug:
Kevin Haha. It seems like lots of people are horrible with responding to emails. I remember in B-school they used to say that good email etiquette was to respond within 48 hours, which always seemed insanely long to me.
 
Thread starter
I haven't heard from anyone. I'm assuming it was already gone before I sent my Email. The add posted 3 hours before I saw it.
I wish people would delete their add when it is no longer available.
Kevin
 
Back
Top