CB750 restoration time lapse

Two things: I want the magic box that will let me complete a motorcycle restoration in that amount of time. And, I wish that any time I put that much effort into restoring a bike, that it would have been on something that would eventually be worth it.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Two things: I want the magic box that will let me complete a motorcycle restoration in that amount of time. And, I wish that any time I put that much effort into restoring a bike, that it would have been on something that would eventually be worth it.
"Tea, Earl Grey, hot."

- - -

Marvelous restoration record.
 
Thread starter
In his words:
"The cost to restore a bike like this really depends on how much you can do yourself. I was going for a show-level restoration and I am able to do almost all of the work myself (not metal plating or machine work). Depending on the condition of the bike being restored, I would say a restoration like this costs between $10k to $25k. Not including labor :)"

....The only thing Id be good for in the entire project is opening the garage doors, (and maybe posing on it) at the very end..
 
I do still have a good supply of trucker pills... a couple of Yellow Jackets and some strong coffee and I'd be able to move at that speed for a short period of time. The work quality wouldn't be nearly as good as his, though.
 
LongRanger, as long as it wasn't a K&N model KN-204 filter, he should be safe.
 
It certainly looked like one -- I thought I noticed that he tightened it using the nut on the outside of the filter. But the SOHC Honda's used a replaceable paper filter element inside a finned aluminum case, with a hollow bolt running through the center which secured the whole assembly to the crankcase. In the video, the scene went by very quickly, but it appeared to me that he installed some type of chrome spin-on filter. This wouldn't make sense, especially on a bike as dear as a sandcast CB750, so I imagine I'm wrong.
 
I wish I could decide whether you're taking the piss, LongRanger, but I'll fall for it anyway.

Thos bikes had a cover complete with nut on the outside that went over the filter didn't they?

a89293050d3a02a3389575859b1a4634.jpg
 
Back
Top