CB750 Nighthawk

I sold my '92 low mileage Nighthawk 6 months ago. I've been watching the reports on the CB1100 for over a year. It was a really nice trouble free bike. Like you I'm looking for a little more power and the fuel injection along with the rear disc brake. The nighthawk had drum brake on the rear. I posted a pic under Guth's 1988 Hawk GT posting. RajunCajun
 
I had a couple of 750 Nighthawks over the years. Latest one being a 1999 that I sold when I bought a 2010 NT700. (wish I'd kept the 750) Then went to a NC700. Liked the NC...until the CB1100 came along. It reminds me of the Nighthawks in feel, sound, performance, etc. The 1100 is like coming home again!
 
I also had 2 new gen CB750s . One I bought when I started my bis.( I sold a Wing) in 1998 and another later that I used for a hard luggage
display. I can't remember what year though.
 
Yep...heres my 2000 750 Nighthawk. Just sold it to make way in the garage for my CB11. Nice bike. Had it 6 years and put 22,000 trouble free miles on ( along with 65,000 miles on 5 other motorcycles in the garage). It needed more power and better brakes which the CB 11 has, which is why I sold one and bought the other. Loved the hydraulic lifters and wish the 11 had them, but the Japanese are steadfast in their belief that the shim style is a better valve adj arrangement. By all measures the CB 1100 is a much better motorcycle.

 
Thread starter
Michael252_imp said:
I had a couple of 750 Nighthawks over the years. Latest one being a 1999 that I sold when I bought a 2010 NT700. (wish I'd kept the 750) Then went to a NC700. Liked the NC...until the CB1100 came along. It reminds me of the Nighthawks in feel, sound, performance, etc. The 1100 is like coming home again!
Were the stock pipes on the NH750 as quiet as the CB1100? My NH750 had Vance & Hines already on when I got her, that's one thing I do miss. It wasn't obnoxiously loud, but they had a good sound.
My daughter would run to the window whenever she heard me coming home, not anymore with the CB11.

I'd like to keep the CB11 stock, I don't want to loose gas mileage by replacing the pipes. If slip ons become available, I might consider it..:-/
The ferret_imp said:
Yep...heres my 2000 750 Nighthawk. Just sold it to make way in the garage for my CB11. Nice bike. Had it 6 years and put 22,000 trouble free miles on ( along with 65,000 miles on 5 other motorcycles in the garage). It needed more power and better brakes which the CB 11 has, which is why I sold one and bought the other. Loved the hydraulic lifters and wish the 11 had them, but the Japanese are steadfast in their belief that the shim style is a better valve adj arrangement. By all measures the CB 1100 is a much better motorcycle.



Nice bike indeed!!! :cool:
thanks for sharing the pic
Riding the NH750, the only time I scraped peg was going down Palomar over here in So Cal. The road had a good turn with a decline and I scraped just a bit.

I am not a knee dragger, but I love to ride a nice twisty road.
On the CB1100 however, I am not as comfortable leaning the bike as I was on the NH. With the "feelers" on these pegs I have scraped peg about 4 or 5 times now but it is only on those turns with that steady incline or decline where I am not even leaning the bike that much (I still have some chicken strips left), even scraped part of the exhaust right underneath the bike where the 4 pipes go into one.

Anybody else...fear leaning too much?
 
redReno_imp said:
Michael252_imp said:
I had a couple of 750 Nighthawks over the years. Latest one being a 1999 that I sold when I bought a 2010 NT700. (wish I'd kept the 750) Then went to a NC700. Liked the NC...until the CB1100 came along. It reminds me of the Nighthawks in feel, sound, performance, etc. The 1100 is like coming home again!
Were the stock pipes on the NH750 as quiet as the CB1100? My NH750 had Vance & Hines already on when I got her, that's one thing I do miss. It wasn't obnoxiously loud, but they had a good sound.
My daughter would run to the window whenever she heard me coming home, not anymore with the CB11.

I'd like to keep the CB11 stock, I don't want to loose gas mileage by replacing the pipes. If slip ons become available, I might consider it..:-/
The ferret_imp said:
Yep...heres my 2000 750 Nighthawk. Just sold it to make way in the garage for my CB11. Nice bike. Had it 6 years and put 22,000 trouble free miles on ( along with 65,000 miles on 5 other motorcycles in the garage). It needed more power and better brakes which the CB 11 has, which is why I sold one and bought the other. Loved the hydraulic lifters and wish the 11 had them, but the Japanese are steadfast in their belief that the shim style is a better valve adj arrangement. By all measures the CB 1100 is a much better motorcycle.



Nice bike indeed!!! :cool:
thanks for sharing the pic
Riding the NH750, the only time I scraped peg was going down Palomar over here in So Cal. The road had a good turn with a decline and I scraped just a bit.

I am not a knee dragger, but I love to ride a nice twisty road.
On the CB1100 however, I am not as comfortable leaning the bike as I was on the NH. With the "feelers" on these pegs I have scraped peg about 4 or 5 times now but it is only on those turns with that steady incline or decline where I am not even leaning the bike that much (I still have some chicken strips left), even scraped part of the exhaust right underneath the bike where the 4 pipes go into one.

Anybody else...fear leaning too much?

Maybe not quite as quiet as the CB11, but pretty close. I had a black one, like Ferret's picture (the only color for '99), but mine had a rear rack with a small backrest. Wish the CB110 rack had a small backrest. Makes the little lady feel a little more secure on the back. (also to keep her from bumping helmets with me from time to time :P)
 
redReno_imp said:

Yes, in fact I owned 2 red CB Seven Fifty's (F2), the EU version (1992 and 1993, one to drive, the other for parts).
Within not even 4 years I drove nearly 100K kms on this great bike, but always felt it lacked a little more power, a little better handling, ... anything I have now found on my CB1100 EX (2014 EU model).

There are only 2 things I miss from my CB750: being able to ride with Michelin PR4 tyres (when you do a lot of kms, on various roads, in various weather conditions, this is the tyre you need), and .... the wider tank opening ;) - I'm always spilling, when I need to refill.

Indeed, I also truly think that moving over to CB1100 EX is just a very natural transit if you first started off on the CB750 from the nineties (my first months without the proper licence was on a Honda CM125 Custom, also fun to ride!).

Safe travels/drives everyone!
All best from Belgium!
 
Welcome B401!
 
I had a 97 Nighthawk and sold it, this past fall I found a 93 with only 10K and one owner who spent more time polishing it than riding. I got it for $1700 but now also have a new CB1100 heading home. I guess it will give me options!
 
clearviewx_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Knave_imp said:
I had a 97 Nighthawk and sold it, this past fall I found a 93 with only 10K and one owner who spent more time polishing it than riding. I got it for $1700 but now also have a new CB1100 heading home. I guess it will give me options!
A CB1100 with a CB750 sitting next to it is an ideal combination, if you ask me. :D I just wish my old '93 Nighthawk still had only 10K miles on it.
I split my riding time pretty evenly between the two bikes.
A CB1100 with a CB750 sitting next to it is an ideal combination, if you ask me. :D I just wish my old '93 Nighthawk still had only 10K miles on it.
I split my riding time pretty evenly between the two bikes.
Did you end up selling your 93 Nighhawk?:(
Nope. As a matter of fact I put about 120 miles on it yesterday. :P

I am considering selling it this year. At 25 years old with over 50K miles, it's beginning to require a lot more maintenance than it used to. I'm thinking of replacing with either a '17 EX or a Kawasaki z900RS. I've only got room for two bikes, otherwise I'd definitely keep the Nighthawk.

02072276c01ab461adf4689b85c07cf3.jpg
 
Back
Top