CB750 1969-78

Very cool. There was some colors in there I don't remember seeing and I sold Hondas from 1974 to 1989
 
The ferret_imp said:
Very cool. There was some colors in there I don't remember seeing and I sold Hondas from 1974 to 1989
Ferret - when are you going to write a book, your life with motorcycles? :D :D :D
 
The oranges and reds and golds were real popular. The blues, browns, purple and greens not so much.

Also interesting that Honda did not produce a black CB 750 until 1977, 9 years into production, even though black has always been a popular color for motorcycles.
 
I have to say, I am drawn to the orange and brown colors. The original K model design is much more organic and attractive to my eye. I never much liked the F models from the mid 70s. I much preferred the design of the Kawasaki KZ900.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the progression of the design that split into various genres of motorcycles we have today. I wasn't born until 1982 and obviously not aware of motorcycle designs until the 1990s when I took interest in the hobby. That said, I am an old soul with a knack for putting myself into the mindset of someone in the past.

When I look at a CB750, I don't just see a neat old bike. I feel the excitement this bike caused.
 
Interesting, ferret! When I bought my '78 CB550F brand new back in the day, it was a two year leftover model. That's all the CBs the dealer had in stock, he couldn't keep them on the floor. The leftovers he had were all in bright orange or bright yellow, which is why I thought they weren't popular at the time. I bought an orange one.
 
Back
Top