cb650f...2018

I agree, but I'm getting used to that look. Overall I think it's a good looking bike. 454 lbs sounds heavy for almost half the horsepower of ours.
 
TINK_imp said:
Too Power Ranger looking for my taste.
I agree, but it's not as bad as some.
I think it's an unfortunate tend that so many bikes now look like transformers with hard edges and angular features.
I smile every time I look at my CB :)
 
Had this model quite a while here (Thailand) and they are popular with the expat Biker community but that could also be because Honda have the biggest dealer infrastructure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm not fond of all this recent Soragami styling either. First we had bikes with beaks, and now this. I guess it's the manufacturer's attempt to make bikes more appealing to a younger customer, but it's lost on me. The DN4 probably takes it to the extreme.
 
pdedse_imp said:
I read up on the CB650F a couple years ago. There was a lot of complaints about vibration, which odd for a 4-cylinder Honda. I would look at a number of reviews and insist on a lengthy test ride before buying.

In the link provided the second picture shows a rider on the bike. His knees are tucked tightly and his feet are well back. The handlebars also appear very low. That would be similar to a sport bike posture.

That might be appealing to some, but I am tall. That posture would be hard on my wrists and back. That was OK when I was twenty-something and most of my riding was from home to a local donut shop to hang out with my bike buddies. But now that I am 50 years older and weigh 55 pounds more, that would not be comfortable for my 400 to 500 kilometer (250 to 300 mile) day rides.
 
Honda will likely sell, worldwide, 100 CB650's for every CB1100, so I think they're making the right call on this. It's getting good reviews, and probably appeals to a broad market. Good on them for putting something out that actually has a chance of drawing new customers in. The FZ-07, Street Triple, and various other entrants will make it a competitive segment. But competition improves the breed!

Kinda sad that they still list the 2014 Interceptor as a new model on the site.
 
bigsheep_imp said:
http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2017-honda-cb650f-review-specs-naked-cbr-sport-bike-streetfighter-650

They've also recently announced the model for the Canadian market. I'm going to keep my 1100 but if this model was available when I bought my ctx700 I would have taken a hard look at it, and probably bought it.
Thanks for taking the time to share a link over to my blog! Greatly appreciated...

Hopefully the nitty-gritty specs and information is helpful for those digging for every last bit of info they can get their hands on.
 
bigsheep_imp said:
I follow your blog closely, especially around model release and show times!
Ahh, always cool to hear when people follow my stuff so thank you. Speaking of model releases, I have a new and updated timeline I'll be posting in the coming days that will lay out more details on when you can expect certain 2018 motorcycle announcements to take place. The old timeline I posted a few weeks ago that mentioned the Summer and Fall announcements and exactly when they will take place a few weeks ago is still accurate but I have a bit more to add to it...

Huladog_imp said:
HondaProKevin, find out the MSRP for us!
Expect MSRP for the 2018 CB650F to come in right around the $7,999 mark. Give or take a dollar ;)
 
I read a few recent reviews of the 2017 CB650F (for markets outside of the US). It sounds like Honda has addressed a number of issues people had with previous version of the bike and overall it is being been very well received
 
Chapomis_imp said:
I agree, but I'm getting used to that look. Overall I think it's a good looking bike. 454 lbs sounds heavy for almost half the horsepower of ours.
Specs show horsepower of '17 model at 90?! :biker:
 
The engine’s tractability allows it to pull smoothly from idle at 1,500rpm in sixth gear. - A dealer near me rode everything at Americade and his own bikes are 15-20 year old sport tourers. He liked the CBR650 the best. He said it was fun to ride. Smooth. Maybe he just liked the lighter weight compared to his older sport tourers. I thought it looked nice when it came out but I questioned blue and flat black. Looks much better now. I think there have been lots of small sport bikes sold so they are looking for those riders to move up. The CB11 would be too heavy for most of those riders. Lots of returning riders got ZRX1100s or Bandit 1200s and crashed them with so much more performance than they had back in the day. I like the 650. It has its place. Bike Nite in Lowell MA was mostly cruisers, some stretched Busas, some sport bikes and a smattering of naked bikes. One CB1000R. No CB1100s this time though there was a black one a couple of years ago.
 
Back
Top