CB500F mirrors.

kennyw

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just wanted to post a couple pics incase it helps anyone researching mirror options. I found these mirrors work far better than the originals on the freeway for seeing what is around me. You only need to replace the mirrors themselves, your original hardware is identical in size and the plastic boot covers the chrome hardware so the finished look is black.

First pic shows the two mirror styles. Stock chrome CB1100 on the left and stock black CB500F on the right. You can see the difference in height and width.
8ba4e6fae0d4e66498e217644c864d0f.jpg


Part numbers for the mirrors:
88210-MGZ-305 Right hand
88220-MGZ-305 Left hand

f20ebe5fac19e9be7641960418a35365.jpg

6176d0f2a278bf496527a4a9bcc254aa.jpg


And last is the finished result.
164ed22ef7b2356a6e2c3d7ac241bb7f.jpg
 
Saw them on dUh's bike at the rally. He really likes them a lot.

And.. perfect way to title your thread to help people doing research, and showing part numbers was great.... Good job!
 
Thread starter
I saw many threads where they were mentioned but lacked enough info to know what was used. I figured this would save someone time down the road.
 
Thread starter
Chip, I missed that one in my searching. I don't think I would have found the mirror information buried in the post if I did pass it but you definitely have a detailed writeup.
 
kennyw_imp said:
Chip, I missed that one in my searching. I don't think I would have found the mirror information buried in the post if I did pass it but you definitely have a detailed writeup.
Yep good choice fitted the same myself.

Rgds Landy
 
Headbanger02_imp said:
In my opinion these mirrors just flow so nicely with the black parts of the 2013.....
Talking of flow I reckon in fact the air flow over the mirrors is much smoother - I noticed this after the change there seemed to be a lot less turbulence and less noise. Small point but adds to the ride on long trips.

Regards Landy
 
Thread starter
Since I've been asked about these mirrors lately, I am bumping this up from page 15 to make the part numbers easier to find.
 
Has anyone made a measurement of the distance between the cb500 mirrors mounted on a standard cb1100. With the stock mirrors about 1/2 of my view is my arms. They measure at 24". I'd like to gain a couple of inches on each side. These appear to do this in the photos. How much wider is the spread? Thanks!
 
Thread starter
I have not measured it yet but it is I wider and slightly lower. I went from seeing nothing but my arms to mostly seeing the lane behind and beside me.
 
Thread starter
I'm 6 foot as well.
 
I think the set I got were "replacement" mirrors that are the same as the stock OEM Honda mirrors, but I noticed some distortion in the mirror right around the edges. Nothing that would affect your vision, but slightly annoying.

Looking at other stock OEM Honda mirrors (or more expensive aftermarket mirrors) I don't notice the minor distortion.

Probably worth a few bucks more to order the genuine Honda parts.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Yah, I think I'll go with the original CB500 mirrors. They will look great on my black 2014 CB

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top