CB1300 headlight bucket replacement

spechg

Running like a top
Thread starter
I thought this video might be useful for anyone needing to get hold of a replacement headlight bucket for their CB1100. Not the same bike, obviously, but it might provide food for thought.

 
Thread starter
I see in the "Possibly Related Threads" that Lord Popgun found cracks in his headlight shell after installing a Road Comet.
 
They look very alike on the parts diagram, but the part numbers are different.

CB1100 61301-MCE-H50
CB1300 61301-MEJ-010
 
spechg said:
I see in the "Possibly Related Threads" that Lord Popgun found cracks in his headlight shell after installing a Road Comet.

In my case, when I installed the RC for the warm weather like I do every year, I had a buzz.   Couldn’t find the problem.  The mounting for the RC should not cause problems. So I did a deep dive and close inspection revealed I mounted it with the headlight trim ring contacting the RC.    After removing everything so I could epoxy the headlight shell I put everything back and made sure the headlight was in the RC opening with no contact.  No more buzz.

I think the RC vibrating on the headlight led to the cracks in the shell.  Since it is almost time to dismount the Street EX and remount the RC I will be more careful this year.  :P
 
Well PB, my throttle cable has been giving me problems.  Pretty much only have idle and FULL BLAST!  :P  

It is awesome though…   :D
 
Back
Top