cb1100

Thread starter
Hey guys! And gals ! Here is the TRUTH. I did get upset ( not mad ) that my thread got locked about the pony pic! But I was WRONG! NOT GUTH! This is his forum and he don't want threads that don't contain motorcycles! That I can understand because the forum could get way off topic! I did NOT know at the time when I started thread that it was against the rules. I only found out after it was locked down! So I was wrong not Guth ! So please everyone keep that in mind, we all grown men here and I'm the one that acted childish over this not Guth. We all got to remember with out Guth we would not have this forum! So a rule is a rule. Sorry to all of you the way I responded to the lock down. Very bad on my part! Thanks to all of you that ask about me. BUT WE ALL HAVE TO THINK GUTH FOR THE FORUM! He just went by the rules and I got offended! But again it was me that broke the rule so please everyone don't blame anyone but me. There are way to many good guys & gals on this forum. :) I hope everyone understands and just let's this pass on. But please by all means don't blame Guth that would not be right. We all have great bikes and a place to gather and discuss the CB For that reason we should be proud! One more thing!!! I had told Red Mist not to be posting in my thread about the fear of getting hacked etc: I'm sure most of you saw it. I hope Red Mist comes back and talks to me. & I hope y'all encourage him back also! I will wrap it up with this: thanks to Guth for starting this forum. & thanks to each & every member for being part of such a great forum.
Michael
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Hey guys! And gals ! Here is the TRUTH. I did get upset ( not mad ) that my thread got locked about the pony pic! But I was WRONG! NOT GUTH! This is his forum and he don't want threads that don't contain motorcycles! That I can understand because the forum could get way off topic! I did NOT know at the time when I started thread that it was against the rules. I only found out after it was locked down! So I was wrong not Guth ! So please everyone keep that in mind, we all grown men here and I'm the one that acted childish over this not Guth. We all got to remember with out Guth we would not have this forum! So a rule is a rule. Sorry to all of you the way I responded to the lock down. Very bad on my part! Thanks to all of you that ask about me. BUT WE ALL HAVE TO THINK GUTH FOR THE FORUM! He just went by the rules and I got offended! But again it was me that broke the rule so please everyone don't blame anyone but me. There are way to many good guys & gals on this forum. :) I hope everyone understands and just let's this pass on. But please by all means don't blame Guth that would not be right. We all have great bikes and a place to gather and discuss the CB For that reason we should be proud! One more thing!!! I had told Red Mist not to be posting in my thread about the fear of getting hacked etc: I'm sure most of you saw it. I hope Red Mist comes back and talks to me. & I hope y'all encourage him back also! I will wrap it up with this: thanks to Guth for starting this forum. & thanks to each & every member for being part of such a great forum.
Michael
Hey Ridem, I think you may have some material for my True Confessions thread, haha!

But seriously, a bunch of older folks who've seen it all, including themselves being foolish, and simply getting on with it makes for some pretty good company.

Thanks ferret, Guth and everyone who is participating here for making this a great place to hang out.
 
Ridem...now can you post the damn pictures from your headlight garage door opener project? i've been waiting for hours! Get on it! ;)
 
Thread starter
Thanks Elipten
ES: all I have is that same YouTube that just shows me pushing the pass switch twice & the garage door opens. I'm getting another CB deluxe Friday and I already got another control box for it. I will take pics of it with headlight out of bucket so you can see how & where I mount the control box
 
Thread starter
Thanks Pterodactyl I got to learn to say MATE lol
I'm a member of cbx forum but not been on it in a while this forum rocks :). But the Aussies on that forum can build some bad cbx bikes. Wow it's unreal what you Aussies can do :)
 
Glad you're back. This forum is great, and a little humor / off topic stuff should be within bounds. But we must avoid going down the trail of other forums that become hell holes of intimidation and vitriol via politics and religion.
 
Capo_imp said:
Glad you're back. This forum is great, and a little humor / off topic stuff should be within bounds. But we must avoid going down the trail of other forums that become hell holes of intimidation and vitriol via politics and religion.
This. I echo the feelings that this forum is awesome. It also seems a little more heavily modded than most. I frankly don't care unless someone feels like they're being unduly thumped or excluded.

I'm on a local forum in Ohio, USA that is very large, lightly modded and a complete zoo. But strangely, it self-regulates very well. Things can get quite chippy but it works almost like a hockey league: we might knock each other around a lot but at the end of the day, virtually all would be perfectly happy having a beer together. There's also a chance that you might actually meet the person face-to-face since it's local. We just had an event where 40 of us got together for a 150 mile ride. (Which was down from 70 or so the year before due to a late reschedule.) Take it FWIW.

So, that's my $.02. I'm in for whatever everyone else decides.
 
I help run a much larger internet site for amateur astronomy and we have some real characters. One of the fellow admins had some advise he shared with us years ago when it comes to the Internet forums: Do not be quick to give offense, don't be quick to take offense.

It also helps to not take things too seriously; it's only a forum (read: It's only an oil thread :excited: ).

Over on the Guzzi forum I try to avoid it in the winter as some of the characters there just become too much with no release for them until spring. Some of us could use just one more hobby to keep us off line a bit more. :angel:
Oh ya, welcome back, nicely handled in the end. :worship:
 
Rboe_imp said:
I help run a much larger internet site for amateur astronomy and we have some real characters. One of the fellow admins had some advise he shared with us years ago when it comes to the Internet forums: Do not be quick to give offense, don't be quick to take offense.

It also helps to not take things too seriously; it's only a forum (read: It's only an oil thread :excited: ).

Over on the Guzzi forum I try to avoid it in the winter as some of the characters there just become too much with no release for them until spring. Some of us could use just one more hobby to keep us off line a bit more. :angel:
Oh ya, welcome back, nicely handled in the end. :worship:
Arizona and astronomy certainly go together! Stars will put your eyes out. Great places in the state for deep sky observing, especialy when you can see mag 7+ stars with the naked eye. Lucky to see magnitude 5 stars on the east coast.

And now back to motorcycling.......
 
Mike,

Really glad to see you back. Enjoy your new bike today! 2 CB1100's in one garage. Park 'em close and you might have more in a few months...
 
Ya, I try to align the scope fairly early otherwise when it's really dark all the stars look bright so I cant decide which star I'm supposed to be using. But that hobby is on the wane and I just do public outreach out in Wickenburg from time to time. Does not get old watching people see Saturn for the first time. Looks just like the pictures.

If only I could get the scope and mount on the bike (token bike content :angel: ).
 
Welcome back, Michael. What Pterodactyl said.

I had an enthusiastic exchange with Tortuga the other day that resulted in a fair number of posts being deleted. I was a bit annoyed because I thought it was just on the safe side of acceptable, but I know one forum member was pretty unhappy about the exchange. So, my initial thought about the proposal to have a humour area was that it would be a good idea. I like a lot of you blokes; you make me laugh and I enjoy that aspect of the forum. On reflection, though, I'm not sure. The problem seems to me to be that there are some interesting people with interesting things to say and some of the jokes arise from a witty response to a hastily expressed thread and it grows. While it's funny for some, it clearly isn't for others. People taking a serious interest in a topic may well be annoyed when it's hijacked by people just wanting a laugh. Someone—the long-suffering moderator—has to make a call about when to put a stop to things.

This is the first forum I've joined and I like it a great deal because it's interesting, generally polite and good natured. I've gone on and joined another forum in Australia which is far more robust and I don't like it nearly so much. While bits are interesting, many of the discussions are savage and some of the posts verge on bullying. Moderators participate in that behaviour which serves only to reinforce it. The treatment of female members is, in my view, often unpleasant.

Growth and popularity are a problem: the more people participate, the more there will be requests for change. Doing nothing may lead to stagnation, but too much change risks alienating the core.

As Michael and others have noted the forum is here courtesy of Guth and Ferret. I really appreciate it. So, whatever you guys decide about this is fine with me.

Thanks, yet again, for providing a great forum.

CB1100 (token bike content—thanks for the line Rboe)
 
Thread starter
Cormanus great words! I will just great mate ! :)
89dfa60465ee39ae9e60355a007ba997.jpg

0c0dc47656838a0f58c93dec83d17eeb.jpg

I just used double sided sticky tape one the headlight is in the box can't move. If you mount it straight in the back of the bucket the headlight bulb will hit it and the headlight want fit back in the bucket. Hope this helps some one. It's a very easy set up if you already have a garage door opener.
 
Mate! Is that the new bike? Photos of the two together?

Or couldn't you wait to show us?
 
Thread starter
I don't have the new one yet MATE lol. I'm getting the new one tomorrow. I got my comet 2 fairing to day from samurider I got it installed I will do a thread tonite. On eBay now there is a few deals fixing to end :). But I could get outbid lol
 
Looks like you got some miles in there ridem. Good on ya. The gauge buckets are good and buggy!
 
Back
Top