CB1100 Withdrawals .... Ahhhhhhh ! ! !

TINK_imp

Been there
Thread starter
My confession:
It's been almost two month since I last rode my beloved CB1100. The spiders have moved in, and are knitting a web around her.

I've taken on a "PART TIME" :dodgy: job at Triumph Classic Motorcycles in Costa Mesa, CA.
I'm working 40 hours a week (part time!?) at the shop wrenching on old Triumph's, BSA's, Norton's, and even a Matchless. [url=http://photosbytink.com/tcm_test/]http://photosbytink.com/tcm_test/


Wrenching on motorcycles has always been my first love.
Once upon a time, (a loooong time ago) in my youth, I tried to make a living as a motorcycle mechanic... I almost starved. :(
But now that I'm retired from corporate life, and receiving a monthly pension check :thumbsup:, I can afford to follow my passion to repair and restore old motorcycles.

So for now my beloved CB1100 sleeps in the back of the garage awaiting the day when I have time to ride her. :biker:

TINK

PS
My BMW R100S too is sitting dormant waiting for me to install new steering head bearings.
The irony; no time to work on my own bikes.
 
Good for you TINK. Can't you ride the CB to the 'office' so it gets a bit of exercise?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Good for you TINK. Can't you ride the CB to the 'office' so it gets a bit of exercise?
That's what I was thinking.
 
Good on ya Tink! I work on outboards and boats after work. I ride the CB to get there though...

Tink, if the job doesn't pay that good for full timers, how do they get new blood in the field?
 
Tink, Nice to hear about your transition to a passion you love. When you leave the work world behind, your life is suddenly filled with new adventures to explore! Enjoy working in the shop and your customers will greatly appreciate you keeping their bikes going! Russ- Oh, your Cb will patiently wait for you:)
 
One of the conversations that took place over lunch during our group ride last weekend was started by husky385's nephew who runs his own automotive repair business. He was telling us how hard it has become to find good, qualified mechanics these days. Especially those who are willing to continue on with the necessary training to keep up with the technology appearing on vehicles more and more each year (not so much with vintage British bikes, lol). I can believe it.

Tink, if you haven't read it already, I"m guessing that you might enjoy the book "Shop Class as Soulcraft".
 
Great photos as usual TINK! I'm glad you're getting to live out that long-held desire to work on bikes. Even if it is just part-time. (Would hate to see what their full-time shifts look like.)
 
Wow good work on those bikes.

I am from your neck of the woods TINK.

Let me know when you feel like going for a ride.

I don't see too many CB1100 in our area no matter how populated we are here in socal

TINK_imp said:
My confession:
It's been almost two month since I last rode my beloved CB1100. The spiders have moved in, and are knitting a web around her.

I've taken on a "PART TIME" :dodgy: job at Triumph Classic Motorcycles in Costa Mesa, CA.
I'm working 40 hours a week (part time!?) at the shop wrenching on old Triumph's, BSA's, Norton's, and even a Matchless. [url=http://photosbytink.com/tcm_test/]http://photosbytink.com/tcm_test/


Wrenching on motorcycles has always been my first love.
Once upon a time, (a loooong time ago) in my youth, I tried to make a living as a motorcycle mechanic... I almost starved. :(
But now that I'm retired from corporate life, and receiving a monthly pension check :thumbsup:, I can afford to follow my passion to repair and restore old motorcycles.

So for now my beloved CB1100 sleeps in the back of the garage awaiting the day when I have time to ride her. :biker:

TINK

PS
My BMW R100S too is sitting dormant waiting for me to install new steering head bearings.
The irony; no time to work on my own bikes.
 
Thread starter
ish,

For sure, CB1100 sightings are rare. I've see one on PCH in Huntington Beach a couple of times, and another forum member came to Vintage Bike OC meet once.

I've tried to get a CB1100 group ride together, but have not yet been successful.

Best way to hook up with me is to meet at the monthly [url=http://vintagebikeoc.com/home/index.php]Vintage Bike OC meet, every second Sunday of the month. I usually ride my CB1100 there.

TINK


ish_imp said:
ish_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
Wrenching on motorcycles has always been my first love.
Once upon a time, (a loooong time ago) in my youth, I tried to make a living as a motorcycle mechanic... I almost starved. :(
But now that I'm retired from corporate life, and receiving a monthly pension check :thumbsup:, I can afford to follow my passion to repair and restore old motorcycles.

So for now my beloved CB1100 sleeps in the back of the garage awaiting the day when I have time to ride her. :biker:

TINK

PS
My BMW R100S too is sitting dormant waiting for me to install new steering head bearings.
The irony; no time to work on my own bikes.
 
Thanks TINK,


I'll see if i am able to stop by the 14th


Cheers :beerchug:

TINK_imp said:
ish,

For sure, CB1100 sightings are rare. I've see one on PCH in Huntington Beach a couple of times, and another forum member came to Vintage Bike OC meet once.

I've tried to get a CB1100 group ride together, but have not yet been successful.

Best way to hook up with me is to meet at the monthly [url=http://vintagebikeoc.com/home/index.php]Vintage Bike OC meet, every second Sunday of the month. I usually ride my CB1100 there.

TINK


ish_imp said:
ish_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
Wrenching on motorcycles has always been my first love.
Once upon a time, (a loooong time ago) in my youth, I tried to make a living as a motorcycle mechanic... I almost starved. :(
But now that I'm retired from corporate life, and receiving a monthly pension check :thumbsup:, I can afford to follow my passion to repair and restore old motorcycles.

So for now my beloved CB1100 sleeps in the back of the garage awaiting the day when I have time to ride her. :biker:

TINK

PS
My BMW R100S too is sitting dormant waiting for me to install new steering head bearings.
The irony; no time to work on my own bikes.
 
Motorcycle porn. That's what TINK's link in the OP is. Just don't let your wife catch you clicking through the photos. That '69 Trophy with the British Racing Green tank is the brunette with long legs I'll be fantasizing about. Thanks for the trip!
 
So what do you do on your days off?? I work about 50 hours a week and still ride about 10 to 12k miles a year between my two bikes.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top