CB1100 Spotting in Bellevue, WA

olekzap_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I'm fairly certain I spotted a black CB1100 on Kamber road westbound today around 11 AM in Bellevue. I was in my Pilot so I didn't wave but it definitely looked like one. If it was any of you let me know. I don't see many of the black 2014s on the road.
 
I haven't seen any randomly on the road yet but we did take a group around MT Rainier last year.
 
Thread starter
kennyw_imp said:
I haven't seen any randomly on the road yet but we did take a group around MT Rainier last year.
I'm honestly surprised at how few I see around the Seattle area. I've only spotted any like 4 times and they're all 2013s. I think it's just people buying them and not riding them much.

I recently had my valves checked at Lake City Honda and they said mine was the first they'd done it on. They said they sold about 20 of them but any time they come in for maintenance they're always super low mileage. Mine at close to 13k is the highest they've seen.
 
well when you think of any one model from any manufacturer other than Harley you don't see very many of them.

I have never seen a Yamaha FZ-09 or FZ-07, Ducati Scrambler, Indian Scout, Triumph Street Twin or KTM 690 or 390 Duke on the road, all supposed to be those manufacturers top sellers.
 
I've seen all those bikes around these parts -- there's even a Cranberry Red Triumph Street Twin in my parking garage at work. And I spotted a '13 CB last weekend.
 
I've seen all those bikes except the 390 and the Indian. Depends where you live, if it's near a major urban center you will see tons of new stuff. I've only ever seen one CB in person here though...
 
The point being, The FZ series is supposed to be wildly popular, Ducati is supposed to be selling a ton of Scramblers, the Street Twin is supposedly the best Bonnie yet, and Indian supposedly can't keep Scouts in stock ..... and the CB is supposed to be a lousy seller... yet where I live I have seen none of the great sellers and 5 or 6 of the lousy sellers on the road. So saying these xxxs aren't very popular because I've never seen one on the road doesn't really mean much. Not sure how to explain these things
 
Olekzap did you have a good experience at Lake City Honda? I ask because I had them put on my PR3's (tires) when I was swamped at work and they gave it back to me with only a 1/2" of slack in the chain. Kinda p'd me off after all the money I gave them. I wish I had a shop I could trust. Jon Z
 
Thread starter
Jonz_imp said:
Olekzap did you have a good experience at Lake City Honda? I ask because I had them put on my PR3's (tires) when I was swamped at work and they gave it back to me with only a 1/2" of slack in the chain. Kinda p'd me off after all the money I gave them. I wish I had a shop I could trust. Jon Z
I did, nothing to complain about. The price was right. Going in I was expecting to pay over $500 for valve adjustment based off what people had been saying on here but mine was much less. I used to go out to I90 Motorsports in Issaquah since that's where I bought my CB but I think I'll start using Lake City more since I live so close.
 
Jonz_imp said:
Olekzap did you have a good experience at Lake City Honda? I ask because I had them put on my PR3's (tires) when I was swamped at work and they gave it back to me with only a 1/2" of slack in the chain. Kinda p'd me off after all the money I gave them. I wish I had a shop I could trust. Jon Z
Jon, I just had a friend have major issues with a Honda Ruckus that bought it and had it serviced at Lake City Honda. They did something wrong in the service but owned up to it when the issues arose and they are fixing it with no cost to her. They could have easily not told her about it and charged her for the repairs and she would not have known the difference. I would not hesitate to go to them after hearing that.
 
Kenny thanks for letting me know of a good experience at Lake City Honda. I'm not finding anywhere else local. Guth talked about a mechanic in Portland who sounded good enough to make that trip, but I don't really think I will.
Jon Z
 
I spotted a black standard parked on Lake city way in Seattle this afternoon.
 
mine is the only one around here that i know of and i was so excited to see another one at Barber to see what they really look like and it belonged to MG.
most everyone thinks my bike is a 72
 
darkangel_imp said:
Last year, I usually saw one red cb1100 at UW
That was mine if you were at the ME building lot.
 
kennyw_imp said:
darkangel_imp said:
Last year, I usually saw one red cb1100 at UW
That was mine if you were at the ME building lot.
That was mine if you were at the ME building lot.
At that time, I really liked your CB. Hope I have a chance to meet and ride with CB rider in Seattle :D.
 
Back
Top