CB1100 - Someone with Basic Skills

Welcome to the forum mike85, from sunny New Mexico! One of the best things you've done in this venture is join this forum! It's hard to measure the width and depth of wisdom and knowledge available here about the CB1100. One note of caution tho, many of us have MBD.* Altho it's not a fatal disease, it's nearly incurable, and can even be spread electronically!


Speaking to the topic of size and the big CB, I'm 5'8" and 126 lbs. I have no trouble riding/controlling the bike in any circumstance. Many members have said the 560lbs of CB disappears once rolling, and that is quite correct. The CB is dead neutral about handling: it responds easily to your slightest input, and stays there until you tell it to do something else. It doesn't do anything evil when pushed hard thru the twisties, it remains very neutral. It's a very easy bike to ride, so much so that it becomes pleasurable, no niggling little faults to contend with.

But, I've been riding for 51 years, my input here may be skewed!

* Multiple Bike Disease
 
Thread starter
Well, I just spoke to the dealer now that I am feeling good about the bike.....and they sold it. No fear, they have two more coming in on Friday so I have one reserved.

Thanks again for all of the great feedback.
 
Is this a new CB1100 or a left over Mike? There are a bunch of "brand new" 2014's floating around at dealers for about half the price of 2017/18's.
 
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Is this a new CB1100 or a left over Mike? There are a bunch of "brand new" 2014's floating around at dealers for about half the price of 2017/18's.
It's a leftover 2014 from the factory :)
 
mike85_imp said:
Thanks Tommy, I might just do that. With a learners, don't you need someone to ride with you?
Nop. If you wanted to, you can legally purchase the bike and ride it home by yourself.
 
You're in for a treat. Those black beautys are a bike that have staying power. I just bought mine last October and expect mine will be the last bike I'll be buying. They are a super deal for a seriously outstanding motorcycle. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Enjoy.
 
Not that you need any more nudging, but I'll give one final push, haha.

In a nutshell, if you are drawn towards this bike, which you obviously are, get it. You will not regret it. I also grew up on dirtbikes, and purchased my CB1100 as my first street bike. I am 28, 6'0", 155 lbs. Have been riding it for about 9 months now with no problems whatsoever. It has more than enough power to do everything a sane person asks of it, but is very easy to manage in a responsible way. Basically, it goes as fast as your right hand tells it to. Handling is superb, comfort and ergos are great for long rides, looks are almost annoyingly good (be prepared for lots of comments), and at 6-7k for a factory leftover, it is an amazing deal. Take that saftey course, invest in good gear, ride smart, and have fun!! :biker:
 
Thread starter
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Not that you need any more nudging, but I'll give one final push, haha.

In a nutshell, if you are drawn towards this bike, which you obviously are, get it. You will not regret it. I also grew up on dirtbikes, and purchased my CB1100 as my first street bike. I am 28, 6'0", 155 lbs. Have been riding it for about 9 months now with no problems whatsoever. It has more than enough power to do everything a sane person asks of it, but is very easy to manage in a responsible way. Basically, it goes as fast as your right hand tells it to. Handling is superb, comfort and ergos are great for long rides, looks are almost annoyingly good (be prepared for lots of comments), and at 6-7k for a factory leftover, it is an amazing deal. Take that saftey course, invest in good gear, ride smart, and have fun!! :biker:
Thanks! You guys gave me the confidence to do it! Picking the bike up on Saturday.
 
A belated welcome to the forum, mike. My learned colleagues have said most of what needs to be said. Let me repeat the sage advice on the riding courses, basic and advanced. It’s a great pity they didn’t have them in my day.
 
Mike, is it going to rain there Saturday? If so, you will be joining a large club of us who rode our new bikes home in the rain :)
 
mike85_imp said:
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Not that you need any more nudging, but I'll give one final push, haha.

In a nutshell, if you are drawn towards this bike, which you obviously are, get it. You will not regret it. I also grew up on dirtbikes, and purchased my CB1100 as my first street bike. I am 28, 6'0", 155 lbs. Have been riding it for about 9 months now with no problems whatsoever. It has more than enough power to do everything a sane person asks of it, but is very easy to manage in a responsible way. Basically, it goes as fast as your right hand tells it to. Handling is superb, comfort and ergos are great for long rides, looks are almost annoyingly good (be prepared for lots of comments), and at 6-7k for a factory leftover, it is an amazing deal. Take that saftey course, invest in good gear, ride smart, and have fun!! :biker:
Thanks! You guys gave me the confidence to do it! Picking the bike up on Saturday.
Thanks! You guys gave me the confidence to do it! Picking the bike up on Saturday.

:banana::beerchug::clap::biker::celebrate::excited:
 
28 and 31? What's going on here. THis bike isn't supposed to appeal to people in that age group, but I'm glad it does!
 
Mike, very shortly you'll be on our side of the fence, encouraging others to buy a new CB, because you'll be loving yours just like the rest of us. Congrats and welcome, in advance!
 
The ferret_imp said:
28 and 31? What's going on here. THis bike isn't supposed to appeal to people in that age group, but I'm glad it does!
Haha, what can I say, I think i was supposed to have grown up in the 70's. I have always loved 70's music, art, fashion, motorcycles, cars, design. Doesn't hurt that I grew up looking at pictures of classic UJMs that my dad owned and rode, I think that era of bikes was embedded in my consciousness from an early age.
 
Thread starter
Picked her up today! Put 50 miles in and loved every minute of it. You giys were totally right. This bike is absolutely amazing! Thank you for the advice.
 
Back
Top