CB1100 Rack

Chris Goldson_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Good morning

Has anyone fitted a rack to a 2015 SA-E model.

I have tried one rack but that did not fit and have been advised that I may need to modify the bike to get any to fit this model which I am reluctant to do.

Any advice please?

Best Wishes


Chris
 
Just out of curiosity Chris, your bio says you are in Lincoln (Nebraska?). There were no 2015's imported to the United States and to the best of my knowledge the only 2015s were special editions for Japan. So I assume you are talking a 2014 std? or 2016 std? There are certainly racks made to fit those from Honda and others and many members have installed them. There are differences between the stds and the deluxes (2014 only) that require different racks.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Just out of curiosity Chris, your bio says you are in Lincoln (Nebraska?). There were no 2015's imported to the United States and to the best of my knowledge the only 2015s were special editions for Japan. So I assume you are talking a 2014 std? or 2016 std? There are certainly racks made to fit those from Honda and others and many members have installed them. There are differences between the stds and the deluxes (2014 only) that require different racks.
Hi

No sorry it is Lincoln UK.

I think I must have got a standard rack as it would not fit. I have not seen one over here that is described to fit the deluxe version.

Thanks.

Best Wishes


Chris
 
Chris,
Kenny is right.
In my experience, I purchased an OEM rack for my first 2014 CB1100 Standard a year ago. Part number 08L70 MGC A20 for Standards only.

After my accident, I replaced my CB1100 Standard with another one. American Honda no longer listed the rack P/N ......A20 as available. Instead, I had to order the rack P/N 08L70 MGC A40 Which will fit both 2014 Deluxe and Standard.

As far as I can tell, both racks are identical. As Kenny said, you need to use the garnish stays (brackets), 8mm socket bolts and nuts needed to adapt the rack to the Deluxe (CB1100SA). These parts came with the P/N.....A40 kit.

I believe I still have the brackets and screws on my messy work bench at home. If you want these parts, contact me and we can figure the best way I can ship them to you. I will be home on Monday and will look to see if I still have these parts.

Here are the instructions that I used to install the rack: http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L70-MGC-A40.pdf

Maybe it could save you from buying another rack.
 
Thread starter
suhawk305_imp said:
Chris,
Kenny is right.
In my experience, I purchased an OEM rack for my first 2014 CB1100 Standard a year ago. Part number 08L70 MGC A20 for Standards only.

After my accident, I replaced my CB1100 Standard with another one. American Honda no longer listed the rack P/N ......A20 as available. Instead, I had to order the rack P/N 08L70 MGC A40 Which will fit both 2014 Deluxe and Standard.

As far as I can tell, both racks are identical. As Kenny said, you need to use the garnish stays (brackets), 8mm socket bolts and nuts needed to adapt the rack to the Deluxe (CB1100SA). These parts came with the P/N.....A40 kit.

I believe I still have the brackets and screws on my messy work bench at home. If you want these parts, contact me and we can figure the best way I can ship them to you. I will be home on Monday and will look to see if I still have these parts.

Here are the instructions that I used to install the rack: http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L70-MGC-A40.pdf

Maybe it could save you from buying another rack.
Many thanks for this which is most useful. Looking at the diagrams I think it is the flange collars that are missing and the extra long bolts.

Best Wishes


Chris
 
Thread starter
Chris Goldson_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
Chris,
Kenny is right.
In my experience, I purchased an OEM rack for my first 2014 CB1100 Standard a year ago. Part number 08L70 MGC A20 for Standards only.

After my accident, I replaced my CB1100 Standard with another one. American Honda no longer listed the rack P/N ......A20 as available. Instead, I had to order the rack P/N 08L70 MGC A40 Which will fit both 2014 Deluxe and Standard.

As far as I can tell, both racks are identical. As Kenny said, you need to use the garnish stays (brackets), 8mm socket bolts and nuts needed to adapt the rack to the Deluxe (CB1100SA). These parts came with the P/N.....A40 kit.

I believe I still have the brackets and screws on my messy work bench at home. If you want these parts, contact me and we can figure the best way I can ship them to you. I will be home on Monday and will look to see if I still have these parts.

Here are the instructions that I used to install the rack: http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L70-MGC-A40.pdf

Maybe it could save you from buying another rack.
Many thanks for this which is most useful. Looking at the diagrams I think it is the flange collars that are missing and the extra long bolts.

Best Wishes


Chris
Many thanks for this which is most useful. Looking at the diagrams I think it is the flange collars that are missing and the extra long bolts.

Best Wishes


Chris
I meant to say plus the garnish brackets of course
 
I also have a set of brackets and hardware left over from installing the rack on my 2013. However, I want to do some test fitting see if they work to install the hard panniers on a 2014 DLX or 2017 EX before I consider getting rid of them.

I did post a thread back when I received my rack detailing what hardware and spacers you needed to buy from a hardware store to mount it on a 2013. It originally arrived in the mail missing all hardware. You may be able to use some info from that to get started.
 
Thread starter
marvincon_imp said:
I fitted a Givi chrome rack to my 2014 EX with no problems, no mods required.
That's interesting, did you have to change any brackets or use additional spacers?

Best Wishes


Chris
 
No Chris, just used existing fixings. Fitted givi universal plate and 52L top box, sound as a pound. Sold the bike now but still have the rack.
 
Thread starter
marvincon_imp said:
No Chris, just used existing fixings. Fitted givi universal plate and 52L top box, sound as a pound. Sold the bike now but still have the rack.
Hi

Have you thought about selling the rack?

Best Wishes


Chris
 
Back
Top