CB1100 Project F

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I don't recall seeing mention of this here on the forum. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :D )

For all of you early 80's era F-series fans. They did a pretty nice job with this conversion...




There are other videos out there with footage of this bike.

More Info.
 
Interesting! That must be a Japanese market paint scheme. Never seen it before. I think it would have looked better with red or blue scheme on the U.S. '83 models.

08a0a09ce6670fa2612f6f9eb2cd5374.jpg


6b0a538224956d2d3ff88a853ebf0669.jpg


I think it was Ryujin that did an '83 style paint scheme on a current bike (which I think looks really cool!):

c7339d60e7410d54611093dfa8d39564.jpg
 
The blue colour was quite popular here in Europe when the CB900F Bol d'Or came out in 1978. I know it was my dream bike back then...

24e2d3d6848ee4b4e6ce69fe7eaa612d.jpg
 
The one Guth posted is a current bike also made up to look resto. I remember we talked about one particular tail section like that that was too long because it went back and covered our original tail light. Looks better with the square tail light and shorter tail section.
 
Nice bikes, but personally I've never been a fan of the tank "blending" into the side panels and/or tail. I prefer the look of our bikes with the tank a distinct piece; even more so with the big frame tubes delineating the various parts.
 
Thread starter
MFGUSA_imp said:
Guth, were these sold in the states? I don't remember them.
Honda sold the CB750F, CB900F and CB1100F here in the states back in the early 80's. Typically in the silver with blue stripes or black with the orange/red stripes paint schemes. The CB1100F came as pictured above in Flynrider's post. This kit appears to be a nod to those bikes which in other parts of the world featured the paint scheme as seen on the kit.

The Spaceman_imp said:
Nice bikes, but personally I've never been a fan of the tank "blending" into the side panels and/or tail. I prefer the look of our bikes with the tank a distinct piece; even more so with the big frame tubes delineating the various parts.
While I do like the looks of the F series bikes this kit replicates, I'm with you when it comes to our bikes.
 
Very cool!
Funny, I wasn't a fan of that model when they were new, but looking at Flynrider's pictures now, they really look fantastic, and have aged incredibly well. Handsome bikes, especially in red.
 
I actually like what they have done. It looks very well done, in line with that the guys at Whitehouse have done for the CB750. Details like the huge blinkers are spot on (if not perhaps the nicest design ever made by Honda...) The one shown by Guth I guess is the bike that With Me in Japan produce.

2b019dd7f3503d204b57a9b9f00badda.jpg


Their site is in Japanese, but you can see some more here WITH ME CB1100 project F
 
Wow those photos bring back memories, especially the red and white one which is exactly the bike I bought brand new back in 83. I paid $3450...how times have changed!
 
Back
Top