CB1100 parts discontinuation has started

bflint

Been there
Thread starter
Handlebar weight disappeared from my 2014 CB1100. Parts fiche shows chrome weight is available but chrome "Oval Screw (6x65) 90191-MK6-670" is "Discontinued". Dealership confirms. Can not find anywhere.
 
Oh, great. :(

bflint, it may be another side-effect of COVID. Getting anything from Japan to Australia seems very difficult at the moment. It may simply be that the dealer can't get any response from Honda. Is it worth checking with Mr T at Samurider?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Oh, great. :(

bflint, it may be another side-effect of COVID. Getting anything from Japan to Australia seems very difficult at the moment. It may simply be that the dealer can't get any response from Honda. Is it worth checking with Mr T at Samurider?
Samurider site says out of stock. Sent message to Samurider asking if discontinued or just out of stock.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Time to go out and buy a parts bike!
That's the spirit!

Help make the CB1100 more scarce and in higher demand.

= = =

" ... Item #42 is now on the block. Honda Part 95010-16001. Sold as a pair. Genuine and made in Japan. In excellent shape and includes original, but opened packaging. Ladies and gentlemen, bidding starts! Do I hear 400? ... "
 
[quote='GoldOxide' pid='280151' dateline='1604975647'

Help make the CB1100 more scarce and in higher demand.
[/QUOTE]


Discontinuing parts would make me less likely to buy- not more.

Amusingly that same screw was used on a 1989 Honda GB500
 
Nowhere even close to the same.

Very early days of motorcycling-and a high end superbike of it's time? Sure- bragging rights and a museum piece...
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Time to go out and buy a parts bike!
That's the spirit!

Help make the CB1100 more scarce and in higher demand.

= = =

" ... Item #42 is now on the block. Honda Part 95010-16001. Sold as a pair. Genuine and made in Japan. In excellent shape and includes original, but opened packaging. Ladies and gentlemen, bidding starts! Do I hear 400? ... "
That's the spirit!

Help make the CB1100 more scarce and in higher demand.

= = =

" ... Item #42 is now on the block. Honda Part 95010-16001. Sold as a pair. Genuine and made in Japan. In excellent shape and includes original, but opened packaging. Ladies and gentlemen, bidding starts! Do I hear 400? ... "
Exactly!...not only do I get spare parts, I increase the value for everyone else's CB1100...I'm generous like that.
 
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Time to go out and buy a parts bike!
That's the spirit!

Help make the CB1100 more scarce and in higher demand.

= = =

" ... Item #42 is now on the block. Honda Part 95010-16001. Sold as a pair. Genuine and made in Japan. In excellent shape and includes original, but opened packaging. Ladies and gentlemen, bidding starts! Do I hear 400? ... "
That's the spirit!

Help make the CB1100 more scarce and in higher demand.

= = =

" ... Item #42 is now on the block. Honda Part 95010-16001. Sold as a pair. Genuine and made in Japan. In excellent shape and includes original, but opened packaging. Ladies and gentlemen, bidding starts! Do I hear 400? ... "
Exactly!...not only do I get spare parts, I increase the value for everyone else's CB1100...I'm generous like that.
That's the spirit!

Help make the CB1100 more scarce and in higher demand.

= = =

" ... Item #42 is now on the block. Honda Part 95010-16001. Sold as a pair. Genuine and made in Japan. In excellent shape and includes original, but opened packaging. Ladies and gentlemen, bidding starts! Do I hear 400? ... "
Exactly!...not only do I get spare parts, I increase the value for everyone else's CB1100...I'm generous like that.
:rofl:
 
Thread starter
Yeah !!! Mr T at Samurider emailed me that my parts are in the Honda warehouse .... 3-4 days to ship out. :)
 
I remember when Nighthawks reached the ten year mark, and Honda started discontinuing parts. I started buying up what I thought I'd need to keep the bike forever, as well as some parts that I figured might be rare and worth something someday.

Nothing on my Nighthawk ever broke or wore out, and years later, I'm still trying to get rid of parts nobody seems to want.
 
bflint_imp said:
Yeah !!! Mr T at Samurider emailed me that my parts are in the Honda warehouse .... 3-4 days to ship out. :)
Well heck! Now whatsa guy gonna do with 3 cb1100s stacked up against the garage wall. I wonder if the dealer will take them back.
 
pdedse_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
Yeah !!! Mr T at Samurider emailed me that my parts are in the Honda warehouse .... 3-4 days to ship out. :)
Well heck! Now whatsa guy gonna do with 3 cb1100s stacked up against the garage wall. I wonder if the dealer will take them back.
Well heck! Now whatsa guy gonna do with 3 cb1100s stacked up against the garage wall. I wonder if the dealer will take them back. Houtman, they are talking behind your back again :D
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I remember when Nighthawks reached the ten year mark, and Honda started discontinuing parts. I started buying up what I thought I'd need to keep the bike forever, as well as some parts that I figured might be rare and worth something someday.

Nothing on my Nighthawk ever broke or wore out, and years later, I'm still trying to get rid of parts nobody seems to want.
OK. So... if "parts" are gonna be discontinued by Honda, what parts do you all consider we should be stockpiling? No probs having a few bits unnecessarily, like GoneIn60 - that's much better than needing, and not having, some vital part.
What are the categories we should consider? I'd suggest that things that are ONLY made by Honda for CB1100s, cast parts, maybe, that wear out, that sort of thing.

I've been collecting parts for my Yamaha YDS3 whenever I see them - crankshaft seals, points, condensers, those sorts of things.

So... what CB1100 parts should we be stashing?
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
Yeah !!! Mr T at Samurider emailed me that my parts are in the Honda warehouse .... 3-4 days to ship out. :)
Well heck! Now whatsa guy gonna do with 3 cb1100s stacked up against the garage wall. I wonder if the dealer will take them back.
Well heck! Now whatsa guy gonna do with 3 cb1100s stacked up against the garage wall. I wonder if the dealer will take them back. Houtman, they are talking behind your back again :D
Well heck! Now whatsa guy gonna do with 3 cb1100s stacked up against the garage wall. I wonder if the dealer will take them back. Houtman, they are talking behind your back again :D
Bob , I rather have people laugh at me than cry over me .....
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I remember when Nighthawks reached the ten year mark, and Honda started discontinuing parts. I started buying up what I thought I'd need to keep the bike forever, as well as some parts that I figured might be rare and worth something someday.

Nothing on my Nighthawk ever broke or wore out, and years later, I'm still trying to get rid of parts nobody seems to want.
Besides body parts, my Nighthawk hasn't needed any parts that weren't easily obtainable. It's often the rubber parts that start to disappear first, but I was pleasantly surprised last year when I needed a rubber gas tank pad, since it's very Nighthawk specific. I was able to get one within a few days from the usual suspects.

The only thing I've stockpiled for the CB11 are oil filters and air filters. Not because they're rare, but they're much cheaper to buy in bulk.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
Yeah !!! Mr T at Samurider emailed me that my parts are in the Honda warehouse .... 3-4 days to ship out. :)
Well heck! Now whatsa guy gonna do with 3 cb1100s stacked up against the garage wall. I wonder if the dealer will take them back.
Well heck! Now whatsa guy gonna do with 3 cb1100s stacked up against the garage wall. I wonder if the dealer will take them back. Houtman, they are talking behind your back again :D
Well heck! Now whatsa guy gonna do with 3 cb1100s stacked up against the garage wall. I wonder if the dealer will take them back. Houtman, they are talking behind your back again :D
Bob , I rather have people laugh at me than cry over me .....
Houtman, they are talking behind your back again :D
Bob , I rather have people laugh at me than cry over me .....
Inhouse Bob, are you going to tell him? Or should I? :D
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
I remember when Nighthawks reached the ten year mark, and Honda started discontinuing parts. I started buying up what I thought I'd need to keep the bike forever, as well as some parts that I figured might be rare and worth something someday.

Nothing on my Nighthawk ever broke or wore out, and years later, I'm still trying to get rid of parts nobody seems to want.
OK. So... if "parts" are gonna be discontinued by Honda, what parts do you all consider we should be stockpiling? No probs having a few bits unnecessarily, like GoneIn60 - that's much better than needing, and not having, some vital part.
What are the categories we should consider? I'd suggest that things that are ONLY made by Honda for CB1100s, cast parts, maybe, that wear out, that sort of thing.

I've been collecting parts for my Yamaha YDS3 whenever I see them - crankshaft seals, points, condensers, those sorts of things.

So... what CB1100 parts should we be stashing?
OK. So... if "parts" are gonna be discontinued by Honda, what parts do you all consider we should be stockpiling? No probs having a few bits unnecessarily, like GoneIn60 - that's much better than needing, and not having, some vital part.
What are the categories we should consider? I'd suggest that things that are ONLY made by Honda for CB1100s, cast parts, maybe, that wear out, that sort of thing.

I've been collecting parts for my Yamaha YDS3 whenever I see them - crankshaft seals, points, condensers, those sorts of things.

So... what CB1100 parts should we be stashing?
I would definitely get an extra set of clutch and brake levers. These are cast aluminum and seem to be the first things that shatter when the CB1100 falls on its side. I know aftermarket replacements are available on eBay, but there is charm in having those long, elegant OEM levers, even if they are delicate.

I am a big fan of my '81 Kawasaki GPz 1100. Parts for this classic are long, long out of stock, but I have managed to keep mine running with spares and new old stock found on eBay. I expect that one can mine the same source to keep the CB1100 running in lean years ahead. You just have to be patient, and check the listings regularly.
 
Samurider site says out of stock. Sent message to Samurider asking if discontinued or just out of stock.
[/QUOTE]
American Honda told me the fork tubes for my 1998 VFR800 were unavailable. I did an exhaustive search on the internet, and nobody in the states was able to get one. I contacted Samurider and he told me Honda had 10 in their inventory - so I order two- the second one is stored beneath my bed for when the chrome starts to pit on the second tube. And he had them delivered to me in less than two weeks! I highly recommend Samurider.
 
Back
Top