CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one, Tev! Love the 356!

No wrong answers. I just looked up from my decal project on #5 and counted six bicycles in the garge. One is leaning on the front tire of my CB between the cars.
 

Attachments

  • 3df5dc58-a7ad-409c-890e-a0be88c64fc5.webp
    3df5dc58-a7ad-409c-890e-a0be88c64fc5.webp
    53.7 KB · Views: 148
Cheers Guys. It is a Chesil 356 Replica made by the Chesil Motor Company in Dorset, England, a two-man cottage industry. It is sitting on a 70's VW Beetle donor chassis which is cut down and refurbed as new. Absolutely everything is replaced apart from the indestructible VW Gearbox. You choose your colours, seats, carpets engines etc.

It was one of the last cars to come out of the company in Dorset then the much larger Westfield Sports Car Company bought the firm and moved it to Oxfordshire. Essentially the bought the rights, the fibreglass moulds etc. It was a gargantuan mistake which bankrupted them. Rumour has it they would have to produce cars for 10 years until they broke even. A silly business decision.
I think some other enthusiasts have bought the ashes of the firm now, pennies on the dollar I expect.

I do love driving it though, air-cooled like the CB of course and a real head turner. Easy to maintain, no oil filter, single weight oil, screw & locknut valve clearance. 

[attachment=1454]


Nachodaddy said:
Tev, do we count the three-five-6 in the background? Sure is pretty.

We will shall we?   :D
 

Attachments

  • 356.webp
    356.webp
    80.2 KB · Views: 154
I’d be more comfortable driving a replica 356 than a real one. I helped build a Cobra replica and had enough sweat equity in it to drive it whenever I wanted to. That was fun. Almost used it for our wedding till I pictured Mrs. G melting her dress on the side pipes.

Sweet car, Tev! I’d like to build a 356 Beck someday.
 
Miss, miss, miss my blue '72 Karmann Ghia convertible.  Only car I really miss. Never should have let it go.

[attachment=1455]
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260604-172636.webp
    Screenshot_20260604-172636.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 127
LucienLeFranc said:
Miss, miss, miss my blue '72 Karmann Ghia convertible.  Only car I really miss. Never should have let it go.

Oh yes, you should of never, never sold that, what a beauty!  Was that the model Columbo used in the TV series?
 
Always wanted a Karman Ghia but ended up with bugs and then a Rabbit. Rabbit was actually a pretty fun car to drive
 
Sorta slow day, so after doing a lot of work in the garage, I ran some errands on the CB and got my pictures for the month. I realized I hadn't done it yet, and it was my own topic.

I cruised by city hall to drop some paperwork off, so here are six city parking enforcement cars. This is sort of a bone of contention with local residents. Our city has been crying poor for the past few years, and has recently put in electronic parking meters and is charging for parking in the historic downtown area. There have been a lot of complaints all around, especially that people will take their business to the nearby towns that offer plenty of free street parking outside their shops. I didn't notice till after I took the picture, but a few parking enforcement people were in the cars, and glared at me after I took the picture. They're getting a lot of static, and probably thought I was going to go bash them on social media. Meh. I either walk or ride a bike downtown, so doesn't really matter to me much.

[attachment=1491]


Despite the parking charges, this city lot was quite full, and here's a car with six cylinders parked nowhere near where I'd park it if it were mine! 

[attachment=1489]


Beautiful day! Here are six palm trees. Oddly, Pine Street is lined with palm trees. 

[attachment=1490]


Happened to pass the Honda dealership. Here are six new Accords

[attachment=1492]


And, since I had to swing by Home Depot, here are six rental trailers

[attachment=1493]
 

Attachments

  • trailers.webp
    trailers.webp
    94.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Accords.webp
    Accords.webp
    82.4 KB · Views: 173
  • City.webp
    City.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Trees.webp
    Trees.webp
    487.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Jag.webp
    Jag.webp
    100.8 KB · Views: 173
C'mon, guys, this is a super easy challenge!

Here are six Hot Wheels motorcycles on my seat.

Whatcha all got?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7650.webp
    IMG_7650.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 120
I reckon he's a lucky man. Where are you and Django, peterbaron?
 
Cormanus said:
I reckon he's a lucky man. Where are you and Django, peterbaron?

Yeah… I imagine there has to be six of something in Canada…


peterbaron said:
Gone, you are SIX year old little kid  :P :D

Mrs. G says I’m eight, thank you very much.
 
I still need to make a photo for the month, but it has been really hot here lately so the Honda has stayed in the garage.

I did however want to comment on the E-Type picture above. It looks incredibly small there in between those two behemoths! Reminded me of a picture I took several years ago of my Mini collection. In this image I just added a tiltshift filter to make them look more like toy cars. It does show how small the original Mini really is.

lPEXZK3.jpeg
 
Henrik, your bike doesn’t need to leave your garage for this month’s challenge. Speaking of toy cars, check out my last entry above.
 
I think I need to trade my Fiesta for an original Mini. I'd be able to bring my Enfield home and fit her in the garge. That Fiesta is just too big.
 
I finally went on my first motorcycle ride today. I could not resist participating in Gone’s challenge.
My wife has been firm keeping me off of my motorcycles until today. Good for me she went out for lunch with a friend and I told her I want to go for a motorcycle ride. She said ok, but instructed me to ride the “little’ motorcycle. After she left I looked at my 305cc CB77 and my CB1100. I decided that both bikes are smaller that a Caterpillar D9 bulldozer, so I chose to ride the CB1100. I returned home before she did so I got away with it. Glad to be back on the saddle again.
U.S. Route 6:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0888.webp
    IMG_0888.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top