CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone in 60 said:
I really like the BrakeFree. I have a black and a white one. They snap on to mounts that are 3M-taped to the back of your helmet, so you can swap them from helmet to helmet.

I'm seeing more and more of them on the road, and they really do work well. I was following a guy on a Harley yesterday who had one. Sure enough, as he started slowing down, the light went from normal to full bright like a brake light. It's a great added safety feature and isn't noticeable on the helmet as far as weight, added noise, etc.

I should thank you for your post, I didn't knew about Brakefree. - that made my safety awareness month!
I liked the idea, in fact I just purchased one and a couple of helmet mounts to switch between my helmets.
 
Another safety doodad is an LED brake light strip on the back of the bike to augment the factory brake light. I use Signal Dynamics 45-LED TruFlex strips with a GS-100 flash-to-solid unit. Strobes the strip four times before going solid. I have one of these attached to the back of the Givi racks on all of my bikes. The boss asked me for other safety improvement ideas for our work bikes, and I suggested these. He ordered them and I have installed them on the backs of two of the BMWs so far.

Custom Dynamics - TF45RS - TruFLEX® LED Strip - 6.3" - Red/Smoke

I've never actually seen how effective these are from behind until yesterday, when I was following one of our new riders on his pre-hire test ride. He was riding one of the bikes I had installed the LED brake light strips on, and it's a real attention-getter when the bike is braking. Makes me feel a bit more secure having them on my bikes.
 
My favourite Cafe over the weekend. A mixture of Motorcyclists, Cyclists and Walkers at this place, all get on great. Came across two GB350's here, both owners chuffed to bits with them but both admitting the air-cooled lump puts out very modest power and an old Honda Pacific Coast. Also came across a Honda 550 four, couldn't beleve how physically small this bike was (not pictured).

[attachment=1377]
 

Attachments

  • Cafe and Helmet.webp
    Cafe and Helmet.webp
    260.4 KB · Views: 127
What a wonderful place! David
 
Well, I don't know if I'd call this my "special place" but it's where I stopped Sunday afternoon for a short break while riding around southern MD.  And as the end of month is approaching, it will have to do.

The helmet is new to me, a Shoei RF/SR.  It is probably the low end of Shoei helmets price-wise, but after trying a few other brands in the store I was impressed by the build quality and simple, clean design of this one.  I went down one size in the cheek pads.  It's a nice upgrade from my previous helmet which I bought used for $25 with a motorcycle decades ago.  Better sound attenuation and the pinlock visor are noticeable improvements.  I also like the D-rings for hanging it on the bike.

I sure hope next month's photo challenge is not a photo with a giant chicken.

[attachment=1441]
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260524_202402965.webp
    PXL_20260524_202402965.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
I'll be riding my CB1100 to my Special Place, the Petersen, for an all-Japanese cruise-in this Sunday.
Should just be able to squeak under the wire with that one!
 
Gone in 60 said:
Why do I now feel the need to own a giant chicken? I dunno, maybe put it on the roof to confuse the neighbors?
My daughter in law had some small yellow rubber chickens she handed out at a family gathering. You put your finger under the head and pull on the tail and launch them across the room, or into the air. They are fairly harmless and a lot of fun. I like to keep a few around just to liven things up when we have visitors.
 
Nachodaddy said:
Gone in 60 said:
Why do I now feel the need to own a giant chicken? I dunno, maybe put it on the roof to confuse the neighbors?
My daughter in law had some small yellow rubber chickens she handed out at a family gathering. You put your finger under the head and pull on the tail and launch them across the room, or into the air. They are fairly harmless and a lot of fun. I like to keep a few around just to liven things up when we have visitors.

I have been given a rubber chicken at a family reunion. Either it’s a thing or we’re related.
 
Gone in 60 said:
Nachodaddy said:
Gone in 60 said:
Why do I now feel the need to own a giant chicken? I dunno, maybe put it on the roof to confuse the neighbors?
My daughter in law had some small yellow rubber chickens she handed out at a family gathering. You put your finger under the head and pull on the tail and launch them across the room, or into the air. They are fairly harmless and a lot of fun. I like to keep a few around just to liven things up when we have visitors.

I have been given a rubber chicken at a family reunion. Either it’s a thing or we’re related.
We need to get rubber-chicken DNA tests. Or maybe it's best to not know.  :P :biker: :beerchug:
 
Because today is the last day of the May Photo Challenge and the final day of Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month for 2026, I thought I would improve upon my earlier submission. I rode today
to the Briones Regional Park⁩ in Lafayette⁩, ⁨CA. Before I left, I completed my pre-ride inspection. Then I put on my riding gear: Indie Ridge Boots, Roadskin Motorcycle Jeans, Tech Air 5 Airbag with Sedici Abrasion Resistant Motorcycle Jacket, , Motorcycle Gloves, Ear Plugs, and Helmet. Finally, I rode safely to this wonderful park. I will complete the ride report in a few days. For now, see a few pictures with more to follow. Too bad about the helmet hair, but it is what it is. :hilarious:

Have a great week and always be aware and safe on your CB1100! David

PIdeCzi.jpeg


6wIEvyB.jpeg


NHQLJoK.jpeg
 
Ok, June is the sixth month of the year.
How about a pic of your bike with six of anything.
Six nickels, six fingers, six dollars.

Don't even have to back it out of the garage for this one. Let's see if we can get more than a couple of entries!
 
Here is my entry for June MPC. After DGR in the wet the CB needs a little love and attention. Here is the lineup of my six products for the task 1) Chain Cleaner 2) Chain Lube 3) Tar, Bug & Dirt Remover 4) Silvo 5) GT85 with PTFE * and 6) WD40 brand Motorcycle Silicon Shine. This is all after a regular wash down of course  :D


*The nearest NA equivalent to GT85 is probably "CRC Power Lube with PTFE"

[attachment=1451]
 

Attachments

  • Time to Clean!.webp
    Time to Clean!.webp
    149.2 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top