Eager to play, as I missed last month with my CB napping at Mom's house.
Plus, it's a beautiful day, and I've been in the garage working away on one of the work bikes, installing and wiring up horns, lights, cameras and other doo-dads.
Plus, I wanted to see how my CB looks with the Givi "Executive Briefcase" I restored a while back. This is really unique, and I haven't been able to find much information about it. I found it on FB Marketplace, a bit banged up and with the top trim piece missing. It's unique in that it can fit both Givi Monolock and Monokey racks, and I think it has a neat vintage luggage look that will fit the bike on the DGR later this month.
Took a break from wrenching and wiring, and rode to my "picture spot", where I like to take photos of all of my bikes. It's interesting to compare the background colors at different times of the year. Green in late winter and spring after the rains, and now tan and green with the warmer dry weather.
Here's one of my helmets, and my general go-to lid. It's a Scorpion 391, which is the European equivalent of the U.S. market 420 model. I love the fit of the 420, but wasn't jazzed about the graphics options. I found the 391 to be the same helmet, but with a ratchet strap instead of a D-ring. I got it at Chromeburner.com in the Netherlands a few years ago, and interestingly even with shipping it ended up cheaper than a 420 from a domestic distributor (this was pre tarrifs, of course).
It had the latest ECE rating at the time, but wasn't DOT rated, as it wasn't a U.S. model helmet. So, I stuck a DOT sticker on it. Why not. I liked the graphics pattern, reminding me of a European police bike - at least from the movies I've seen. I fitted it with one of my home-made custom-molded GoPro camera mounts, which I have on each of my lids, as well as a matching white BrakeFree light on the back.
Under the rear is a label with my name, blood type, and Mrs. G's phone number as "I.C.E. Contact"
How's that for safety?