CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cormanus said:
pdedse, your call.

I couldn't find the post that lists existing topics, so hopefully this isn't a repeat:

Let's see...March.  How about your bike with something related to St. Patty's Day?  Simply, I'd say anything with green being prominent in the photo, but other ideas: your bike in front of an Irish pub, you dressed up as a Leprechaun in front of your bike, or not as exciting: your bike with a Lebrechaun in the background.  Other valid entries might include your bike with shamrocks real or otherwise, with the word "LUCKY" in the photo, or maybe you buy a box of "Lucky Charms" and strategically place the box next to your bike to someplace you've ridden.  Any signs with a rainbow and a pot of gold?  Since we had a day with "26" I guess we'd have to accept the number "17" as good...but would prefer other Patrick ideas and symbols.  How about a church called St. Patrick's...all denominations accepted.  Do you have a themed hat / t-shirt? Wear it for double bonus points in front of that other Patty symbol.  

Remember "emptysea's" original goal:  "To encourage users to get out and ride and to document those rides with photos and, most of all, to have a little fun with the whole process."
 
That’s Grand!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0239.webp
    IMG_0239.webp
    107.9 KB · Views: 122
Thread starter
Nice choice pdedse! I only had one decent riding day in February (last Friday), but with a little luck o' the Irish, I should be able to get out to meet this challenge.
 
Oh, this will be fun! 
I guess it would be too easy to just roll my bike a few doors down and park it in front of my neighbor's St. Patrick's Day photo booth?

Hey, my new boss is Irish. Maybe I could just have him stand next to my CB. He said he thinks it's pretty...

Most likely I'll get a photo in front of one of the Irish bars in my neighborhood, if there aren't too many Harley Bar Hoppers parked out front.
 

Attachments

  • 95873584-b57c-4c20-94d4-7f87cd23ac97.webp
    95873584-b57c-4c20-94d4-7f87cd23ac97.webp
    80.8 KB · Views: 97
Gone in 60 said:
Oh, this will be fun! 
I guess it would be too easy to just roll my bike a few doors down and park it in front of my neighbor's St. Patrick's Day photo booth?

...

Hmmm...you of course would be prominent with face appearing where it should in the photo booth, the CB rolled up next to that...sounds like a winner to me!
 
This is the head of our HOA. He's quite a character, and puts out a photo board like that for each holiday coming up. We get quite a kick out of them!
 

Attachments

  • e39479a5-392f-4446-a98f-7cf8e5224e7d.webp
    e39479a5-392f-4446-a98f-7cf8e5224e7d.webp
    76.3 KB · Views: 89
Took the CB1100 out after my test runs with the RTP Blood Bike. Funny, I've never thought of the CB as "nimble", till I spent time on that big yellow beast.

Needed to get my monthly photo challenge pics for St. Patrick's Day! Couldn't resist the easy, low hanging fruit just down the street.
[attachment=1138]

Then, swung by O'Hara's Pub downtown. Haven't been in there since my single days.
[attachment=1139]

Along the way, spotted this neat Irish flag four leaf clover on a spare tire cover on a golf cart.
[attachment=1140]

So, I had to work for two of 'em.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6954.webp
    IMG_6954.webp
    110.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6956.webp
    IMG_6956.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6955.webp
    IMG_6955.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 76
I was going to throw one more in. There's a bigger Irish pub in Newport Beach, which would have been another 15 minutes down the road. But, it was getting dark, and Mrs. G was texting me saying dinner would be soon.
 
Gone in 60 said:
Took the CB1100 out after my test runs with the RTP Blood Bike. Funny, I've never thought of the CB as "nimble", till I spent time on that big yellow beast.

Needed to get my monthly photo challenge pics for St. Patrick's Day! Couldn't resist the easy, low hanging fruit just down the street.


Then, swung by O'Hara's Pub downtown. Haven't been in there since my single days.


Along the way, spotted this neat Irish flag four leaf clover on a spare tire cover on a golf cart.


So, I had to work for two of 'em.
I work right down the street from you. I work off chapman during the weekdays (but contract ends this week; also do nights up state college). I was looking through some threads and thought I recognized that bar.
 
I work right down the street from you. I work off chapman during the weekdays (but contract ends this week; also do nights up state college). I was looking through some threads and thought I recognized that bar.
[/QUOTE]

Spent many a night in that bar before I met Mrs. G. A respectable staggering distance from home.


Tev62 said:
Real Shamrock adorning my EX  :D

No fair Tev, you have the real thing probably growing everywhere!
 
Wowza, its April already!? Now that my photo isn't just the bike in the garage ready for this month's challenge!
 
Gone in 60? We await your call.
 
Oh heck, it is me, isn't it? Had to go back and check.

Ok, according to the Google AI Overview, April is:

"April is best known for the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere, bringing warmer weather, flowers, and the proverb "April showers bring May flowers". It is widely celebrated with April Fools' Day (April 1st) and features major cultural/religious holidays like Easter (often) and Passover, alongside Earth Day, Volunteer Month, and the [Diamond] birthstone."

How about your bike with a patch of flowers or a garden, something having to do with Easter, or something diamond-shaped?
 
Rats, I think I missed my cherry blossoms window of opportunity in Portland by a few days for this year.  Well, I'm hoping to take my wife for her first ever ride on the CB this weekend, so maybe I can come up with something. Spring has very much sprung here.

As an old guy I once knew used to say "spring has sprung,the grass has riz, I wonder where the flowers is?"

Oops, I learned something! Apparently that is the Brooklyn National Anthem??

Brooklyn National Anthem ("Spring is sprung...")
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top