CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pics pdedse, particularly the last one
 
Great work and pictures, pdedse.
 
Very nice Pdedse! Very neat stuff! We have a Highway 26 too, but it’s a trek and I don’t see myself getting to it any time soon.

Hey I tried to do some license plate math too!
 
What's the world coming to when this guy apparently hasn't heard of RLETs? Although he gets points for making part of the mirror stem invisible.


[attachment=1024]
 

Attachments

  • WhatsApp Image 2026-01-15 at 10.18.12.webp
    WhatsApp Image 2026-01-15 at 10.18.12.webp
    130.5 KB · Views: 74
Yes, even Superman needs RLETs. Powerful he may be. Smart he is not.

Is that whole picture AI? Cause there are some weird looking parts and fasteners on that thing.

If Superman is riding a bike, does he have to go faster than light to time travel or just hit 88mph?

If he has to go FTL, what tires should he use? What oil?

Now it's and oil AND tire thread combined!!! :)
 
Yes it's all AI, generated in WhatsApp. I asked it for a 2011 Honda CB1100, and I got what looks more like a 2017 EX.

Anyway, back to the important stuff:

  1. faster than light or 88 mph; either will do; but, if ...
  2. the bike's not wearing Pirelli Sport Demon; and using
  3. Honda GN4, nothing the superdude can do will make it FTL.
 
Ferret, I think you have the honor for February. I’m riding tomorrow, any chance you could noodle on a new challenge for us?

If my battery is cooperative that is. Forgot I was going to look into that.
 
How about your bike parked somewhere in your city or town?

This is Main Street in my town (File photo)

ldWUamS.jpg
 
I thought it was Feb. 1st yesterday when I saw Ferrett give the topic, and since I was already planning to ride, I thought why not snap some shots of my downtown area.  Then I get home and see that it was still Jan. 31, but perhaps the photos will still qualify.  

Gresham, Oregon, the 4th most populous city in the state.  Established in the 1850s by the Powell brothers and today the main thoroughfare through downtown Gresham is named after them (and, it's also hiway 26 that I referred to for last month's topic).  It grew from 4,000 to 10,000 between 1960 and '70.  By the time I arrived in 1999 it was at 83,000.  The 2020 census says 114,000.

Next to Jazzy Bagles on Powell Boulevard; even when I'm not taking photos of Mt. Hood, I can still include it.  The berries are rasberries.  Berry farms are common around Gresham.
TZ8rJwY.jpg


A lot of downtown "Gresham highlights" are depicted on the mural; if you live here for any length of time, you know the reasons why the artist included the particular details
Ysv6Dgn.jpg


vNxT1IF.jpg
 
mvAc6VR.jpg
 
Main Street, Gresham.  I have lot of good memories here: parties with the kids' soccer, basketball and baseball teams at Wall Street Pizza, my wife and I go to a kinda seedy, smoky bar to play pool somtimes on Fridays, I'd pick up cinnamon rolls for the kids on Saturday mornings at Jazzy Bagles, and Main still has some go-to Mexican and Italian restaurants that we've frequented many times over the years.  
3jwHBx5.jpg
 
On any given week-day you'll also encounter seeing-eye dogs and their trainers practicing as just outside Gresham there is a school where the dogs are bred and trained to provide companions for the blind.  The community leaders have done a nice job of revitalizing this area so that it's a fun, albeit small area on weekends with mini concerts, street musicians, teddy-bear parades, antique car shows and farmers' markets.  And just east and south of Gresham is where the countryside begins, allowing quick access to wonderful motorcycle riding.
 
I went for a quick ride around town yesterday evening. No battery issues! 

I snapped some pictures around Orange CA. The mid-century city hall is cool and is sometimes featured in photo collections of Orange County mid-century design examples.

The local bike store is well-stocked but the old man who runs it is known to be a bit of a nut. Last time I went in to buy an inner tube, I handed him my money and he struck up a conversation with “You know George Patton’s car accident was an assassination, right?”

The central Old Town area has been featured in many of my photos. The new main library is a great place to visit and they lend out audio books online.

I also included our local groan-worthy real estate billboard courtesy of the Katnik Brothers. It’s always themed to something “cute”. Right now they are the Mario Brothers.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6871.webp
    IMG_6871.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6872.webp
    IMG_6872.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6873.webp
    IMG_6873.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6874.webp
    IMG_6874.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6870.webp
    IMG_6870.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 55
Looks a little bigger than my town lol
 
Well, as far as bigger, I can't vouch for that. But our "town" is just part of the greater L.A. / Orange County Megalopolis. You can cross one street and be in the next town in all four directions. But, our part of the city has a nice home-town feeling to it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top