CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I’m sitting in a Starbucks on Fair Oaks in South Pasadena waiting for the Rose Parade floats to roll by to line up for the parade tomorrow morning. It’s the cheap and easy way to see the parade without a crowd, even if it’s dark out.

We usually stand out on the curb waiting but it’s raining. It’ll be the first Rose Parade in the rain since 2006.

So, I’m killin’ time waiting and asked Mrs. G for a good idea. She has a good one. Since it’s the new year, your bike with a sign containing the number 26. It can be a longer number as long as “26” is in the number. For example it can be an address, a license plate or anything else with a 26.

If you’re garage-bound for the winter, how about putting something on the seat of your bike with a 26 on it that is NOT a calendar. That would be too easy.

Go get ‘em, fellas.
 
Not officially entering this as a photo entry as it’s my challenge and nobody else has posted a 26 yet.

But, here’s a 26 on my volt meter, proving that my CB1100 does not want to get wet.

A few days ago, I saddled up to run some errands, but she wouldn’t start. I took the Super Bird, it started pouring ten minutes into my ride, and I turned for home, soaked.

I put the CB on a charger and let the battery juice up overnight. Since then, I’ve had it off the charger and on a volt meter. It hasn’t dropped in three days. I think she was telling me something. Or, the tender I have her on has a problem…
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6575.webp
    IMG_6575.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 66
I've been waiting for someone else to post, but here's a pic of mine with not one but TWO 26's in it for sharp eyed observers.

wCi1Ted.jpg
 
This is a fun one. A neighbor down the street always has a festive painted plywood panel celebrating the closest holiday or season. Spring, summer, Halloween, Christmas and now New Year’s. He always puts two head-sized holes in the panels to make them fun picture frames with your face in the holes.

Here’s his Welcome to 2026 panel.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6583.webp
    IMG_6583.webp
    81.1 KB · Views: 53
the Ferret said:
I've been waiting for someone else to post, but here's a pic of mine with not one but TWO 26's in it for sharp eyed observers.

Is the other 26 the number of the mc racer in the computer photo?  I can't quite make it out, a little blurry on my computer.
 
Here is my entry, a few variations.

[attachment=993]

[attachment=994]

[attachment=995]

[attachment=996]

[attachment=997]
 

Attachments

  • Slide1.webp
    Slide1.webp
    118.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Slide2.webp
    Slide2.webp
    160.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Slide3.webp
    Slide3.webp
    231.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Slide4.webp
    Slide4.webp
    160 KB · Views: 51
  • Slide5.webp
    Slide5.webp
    154.1 KB · Views: 51
I stopped to gas up this morning after breakfast with the old guys.  Found a 2 and a 6.  Yes, there's a decimal point in between the digits, but I got the bike out of the garage and in my view that compensates for the dot  :D

[attachment=998]
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260109_140431033-EDIT.webp
    PXL_20260109_140431033-EDIT.webp
    2 MB · Views: 55
Wowzers, Lunchbag...your bike is looking spectacular!

I'm at that time of the year when it's either don't ride the CB1100 to keep it clean because it's impossible to avoid rain drenched streets or at least areas that won't dry out till June...or let the grime have its way.


And Tev, nice! Cormanus...that's downright a cheatable offense! : )


Since we're getting all creative in the comfort of our garages, and not to feel left out...

vvoA3RE.jpg


Sun is peeking out...might be time to find a real "26" out in the wilds of Oregon.
 
I wish I could say I intended it. Truth is, I was struck by Gone's post number containing 26. Thought Nachdaddy's a bonus. Didn't even see the rest of them.  :s
 
[quote="Lunchbag" pid='272426' dateline='1767973486']
I stopped to gas up this morning after breakfast with the old guys.  Found a 2 and a 6.  Yes, there's a decimal point in between the digits, but I got the bike out of the garage and in my view that compensates for the dot  :D


[/QUOTE]

Stunning motorcyle.
 
When Gone in 60 gave the theme for January, I immediately knew what photos I'd take.  Today was the first decent riding day of '26 to really want to go for a ride.

There's one hiway in Oregon that means more to me than the others. Going through Gresham and Portland it's called Powell Boulevard, which I used to live just off of.  Head west and you'll run into the coast at Seaside, but head east and you can ride it all the way to Ogallala, Nebraska (though it merges with I-84 for awhile), around 1,540 miles traversing OR, ID, WY and Neb.  For me, it brings back memories of taking the kids to the beach, or skiing with them in the mountains.  It's the hiway I take 90% of the time to head to central or eastern OR.  It takes one to spectacular Mt. Hood, and many hiking, riding and fishing areas.  If you're crossing OR east to west, take it, as opposed to the main intersate I-84, and you'll pass through the quaint eastern OR towns of Vale, Unity, John Day, Prineville and Madras.  It is my main motorcycle artery and leads me from city to forest lickety-split.

Looking east between Gresham and Sandy
Mm1k03Z.jpg
 
As the sign says, it takes you to Sandy and Mt. Hood, although if you look closely, Hood is front and center
b3UlGKP.jpg
 -
In Sandy, everyone knows of Joe's Donut Shop.  For many skiers and snowboarders, it's a must-stop early morning on their way to the slopes.
YJqIpOW.jpg\
 
And in January, about 10-15 miles east of Sandy, you usually have to think about the snow and carrying chains in your car as you begin the ascent towards Mt. Hood, out of view to the right 
XmlDYqv.jpg


Ah...there it is
xHQGllB.jpg


Your CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge numbered hiway runs just to the right of the ice cream cone.


May you all have a wonderful...

'26 
 
(Initially, I wasn't going to post the last photo because I thought it didn't have the required number...then I realized it did!)

Edit: and then I started looking at the numbers on my license plate...let's see...

7 + 2 + 8 + 1 + 1 = 19...but then add the expiration month of March (3) and that gives me 22.  But then add 6 from the expiration year and that gives me 28.  But then take the 2 from the expiration year and subract from 28 and that, my friends, well, that produces the reason for the post.

WAIT... I just realized that I could take the 7 after the M and add it to the plate number...  M7+ 7 + 2 + 8 + 1 + 1 = 26!  I think I prefer that.

If you're wondering if Moderators can be recalled and/or sanctioned, I'm pretty sure the answer is YES!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top