CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter
A little closer to Autumn this time out.

DKrZe25.jpg
 
My Office Complex has a nice meandering road, lined with trees. At this time of year, the falls colors start to show. It was a lovely ride into work today.

RAUaRRf.jpeg


HC37ymz.jpeg


The beauty of Fall Plants and Foliage astounds me. For as much time as I spend outdoors, I am remarkably ignorant about botanical names. Hence, my personal schema is not particularly complex: colorful, lovely, and breathtaking. :)

When I arrived at work, I parked next to a colorful plant that always arrives with the changing of the season:

5Gt2781.jpeg


On the ride home, I found this tree to be lovely and a nice compliment to the CB1100EX:

drIhONV.jpeg


And it always amazes me when a ride on the CB1100 leads to a breathtaking moment:

rhUCmno.png


I am done working for the weekend. I hope you are too. Enjoy the moment and I hope you can find something beautful too. David
 
Went on a 110 mile ride today. I stopped at the Roebling’s Delaware Aqueduct which spans the Delaware River between New York State and Pennsylvania. This was part of the former Delaware and Hudson Canal and is the oldest existing wire suspension bridge in the United States. Unfortunately, the Fall foliage colors are now very brilliant this year.
[attachment=869]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0780.webp
    IMG_0780.webp
    99.4 KB · Views: 72
You know it's fall when...
C2aEVod.jpg


In my neck of the woods, fall means pine needles and damp roads
0YBjrwg.jpg


As the rains begin to take over, we see less and less of Mt. Hood, and red, gold and green dominate the landscapes
Fo3bAj7.jpg


But there's no greater indicator that fall has arrived than...
0eKoTns.jpg
 
So pretty, Pdedse! I've been thinking about how much I was looking forward to riding up in your area around this time last year, and had to scrub the trip due to work turmoil. Really look forward to it someday, and maybe, who knows, not on a rented bike! And yeah, we're in that weird time where we're still in the Halloween season, but the Christmas holidays are starting to creep in...
 
Aaaaaaargh! Christmas!!? It's not even November yet. What is wrong with the world?
 
Merchandising, Merchandising!

It was a shock to walk into Home Depot last night and have to wade past a row of Christmas trees to get to the nuts and bolts I needed.
Being a project manager, I sort of live in the future, as lots of things I work on are for results that will show a few months in the future. Seeing Christmas stuff is making me check my calendar to make sure I'm on schedule for stuff.
 
Gone in 60 said:
So pretty, Pdedse! I've been thinking about how much I was looking forward to riding up in your area around this time last year, and had to scrub the trip due to work turmoil. Really look forward to it someday, and maybe, who knows, not on a rented bike! And yeah, we're in that weird time where we're still in the Halloween season, but the Christmas holidays are starting to creep in...

You should make it happen next summer. :biker:
 
[quote="peterbaron" pid='271591' dateline='1761861146']
He may have an 11 month calendar  ;)
[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's not Gone in 60; it's the merchandisers.
 
pdedse said:
You should make it happen next summer. :biker:

I'll certainly try. That's one of the reasons I'm shopping for a touring bike. Interestingly, I haven't seen the Transport Special deals from MotoQuest that usually hit my in-box in fall.
 
Gone in 60 said:
pdedse said:
You should make it happen next summer. :biker:

I'll certainly try. That's one of the reasons I'm shopping for a touring bike. Interestingly, I haven't seen the Transport Special deals from MotoQuest that usually hit my in-box in fall.

I think I had to go to their website and check.  It was end of August and they had several "openings" but none of the dates worked for me.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60 said:
So pretty, Pdedse! I've been thinking about how much I was looking forward to riding up in your area around this time last year, and had to scrub the trip due to work turmoil. Really look forward to it someday, and maybe, who knows, not on a rented bike! And yeah, we're in that weird time where we're still in the Halloween season, but the Christmas holidays are starting to creep in...

I hear a lot of folks griping about Christmas stuff being displayed in the stores at Halloween.    My wife works for a landscape supply/garden retailer as their accountant.  She learned really fast that if you don't have your Christmas stuff on display right after Halloween (or even a little before), you will not sell any Christmas stuff.   People will not shop for Christmas decor after about Thanksgiving, except maybe for a natural tree.   The same is probably true for holiday apparel and other Christmasey decor.     Also, at least where I live, most folks bunch Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's in one "holiday season" bushel basket.  By that definition, we're only 3 weeks out from the first of the holidays.  May rant is almost over, but I want to add that I don't think homes should be lighted up for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving and that the long Thanksgiving weekend is a perfect time to get all the decor in place.   I guess I have an opinion on every darn thing.  LOL

So......What's the November photo challenge??
 
I'm claiming nominating rights this month even though my southern hemisphere entry was not Fall related.

So the challenge is your CB1100 at a café, restaurant or other establishment where you like to stop for coffee or tea or a beverage when on a ride.
 
This will be fun! I'll have to decide on the place I get a coffee to wake up for the ride home from the museum, or the Trader Joe's where I stop on the way to work to grab lunch and a 99-cent bottle of sparkling water. Unfortunately, the Starbucks in town where I liked to stop, with motorcycle-only parking conveniently right outside, was a vicitm of their 700-location reduction. We're hoping another coffee place opens there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top