CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonneville Dam area, Columbia River
mu2vhCf.jpg


Bonneveill Dam...produces 1,227 megawatts, which the internet says enough to power 900,000 homes
dPVqYye.jpg


There are 14 dams on the Columbia, 11 in the U.S. and 3 in Canada, 1,243 miles / 2000 kilometers long.  It's a beautiful river.
 
rdprdp01 said:
The Altamont Pass Wind Farm began operations in the 1980s. Thousands of wind turbines have been setup, abandoned, dismantled, replaced, and upgraded over the decades. ...

Lots of wind farms just an hour plus east, on the dry side of Oregon and Washington.  There are some areas that it's mile after mile of turbines, as far as the eye can see...and the eye can see pretty far at times.  I saw one turbine once that had been burned, and it was blackened at where the blades come together.  The grasslands around the turbine had been burned too.  It made me wonder if the fire was caused by the turbine.  Could have been a coincidence.
 
pdedse said:
Bonneville Dam area, Columbia River

There are 14 dams on the Columbia, 11 in the U.S. and 3 in Canada, 1,243 miles / 2000 kilometers long.  It's a beautiful river.

It is a beautiful river, and I look forward to riding along side it again sometime soon!
 
I dunno got to go back and check.

Yep looks like it. How about your CB with a "Fall" image ..leaves turning, Halloween props, crops being harvested use your imagination

S3w9wn1.jpg
 
Ooh, I'll get a pic with my neighbor's new invention... it's a huge skeleton in the cul-de-sac that is AI-powered. You can have a conversation with it. A coupla nights ago, it was giving me barbecue advice.
 
Antipodally, it's Rise not Fall, so I can't lodge a valid entry this month. But, this time of the year in Brisbane is known for the flowering of the gorgeous jacaranda trees — a weed here imported, I think, from South America.

 
In the spirit of the change of season to fall, I think this is a good example.
Trader Joe's. Now that it's fall, every other item is Pumpkin Spice something or other.
[attachment=800]

We have seasonal color changes here in Southern California. In fall, it's called Brown.
[attachment=796]

I took a look around the neighborhood for some early Halloween spirit, and found quite a bit. 
[attachment=797]
[attachment=798]

This one is particularly cool. My neighbor a few doors down created an AI-powered eight-foot skeleton. He's perfecting the programming, and hopes to market it for Halloween next year. If you walk up to it and say the word that wakes it up, you can have a conversation with it - his mouth moves, eyes blink and everything. It's actually quite fascinating. A few days ago, I asked it for advice about a dry rub for barbecuing tri-tip. I think he can give me some good investment advice. The t-shirt has instructions about what to say to wake him up. 
[attachment=799]
 

Attachments

  • Brown.webp
    Brown.webp
    84.2 KB · Views: 68
  • H1.webp
    H1.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 66
  • H3.webp
    H3.webp
    87 KB · Views: 66
  • H4.webp
    H4.webp
    101.9 KB · Views: 69
  • H5.webp
    H5.webp
    81.2 KB · Views: 72
I like the idea of taking investment advice from a skeleton.
 
Cormanus said:
I like the idea of taking investment advice from a skeleton.

Right now, it's pretty much a Google Search in the form of a skeleton with a creepy voice. 
So when I asked it about barbecuing, it was still talking after I jotted notes down about the dry rub and I walked away.
 
I’m running after work errands and had to snap what is one of our neighborhood’s more eclectic Halloween displays. Skeletons in just about every type of livestock you can imagine, presided over by a giant rooster.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5664.webp
    IMG_5664.webp
    106.4 KB · Views: 46
Gone in 60 said:
I’m running after work errands and had to snap what is one of our neighborhood’s more eclectic Halloween displays. Skeletons in just about every type of livestock you can imagine, presided over by a giant rooster.

Brings back great memories! (I got to visit the Gones around this time last year, moving a BMW 700 to LA area)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top