CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
rdprdp01 said:
I applied three ceramic coating layers to my motorcycle and use detailing products from The Chemical Guys company. It is easy to maintain with a ceramic coat base. Have a great week.

Out of curiosity, just the red painted sections or did you go nuts and do the frame, calipers, etc?
 
Whoops said:
rdprdp01 said:
I applied three ceramic coating layers to my motorcycle and use detailing products from The Chemical Guys company. It is easy to maintain with a ceramic coat base. Have a great week.

Out of curiosity, just the red painted sections or did you go nuts and do the frame, calipers, etc?

I did everything: frame, painted parts, chrome, etc. :)
 
It was a beautiful day out near Long Hollow...  Rolling hills and turns from 35-55mph in 3rd gear for the better part of 90 minutes... forests, fields, and beautiful creeks.  This area brings me joy because I have done a lot of hunting, fishing, and mountain biking out in those hills.  Probably also one of the last places I rode my last motorcycle (like 15 years ago)
[attachment=492]
 

Attachments

  • 20250722_093402.webp
    20250722_093402.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
My happy place is Clogherhead harbour about an hour from where I live, taking the scenic back roads. Today I was accompanied by my pal on his Harley. Since this is an active fishing port the fish and chips served at the van at the end of the pier couldn't be fresher.

[attachment=498]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2025-07-25-232032.webp
    IMG_2025-07-25-232032.webp
    497.7 KB · Views: 55
pdedse said:
Gone in 60 said:
Very tedious work project right now... I'd rather be anywhere on my bike.

Why don't you and Mrs. G hop on a plane, come spend a 3 day weekend up here, and we'll ride.  You can have your choice of a red, white or blue bike.
Wish I could! Soon my friend, soon…
 
Well shoot, I had planned to get one more pic for the month under the wire.

Work has been… work. I find that while I’m supposed to be some sort of manager in my still new-ish job, I’ve been tasked with several projects that are more suited to a junior-level assistant. Not inspiring or fulfilling.

My old boss, who has been taking over an automotive event company similar to the one we used to work for, is in town for meetings and wanted to get together for lunch. I picked my favorite local taco place, and met him on my CB.

We talked over some tacos about how he’s expanding his company and might have a role for me late in the year. I was groggy from a data project and the news jolted my brain so that I plum forgot to take a picture of my bike.

Needed to move after being a blob all day, jumped on one of my bicycles and rode back to the taco place to take a picture. Just imagine my Trek is a CB1100.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5168.webp
    IMG_5168.webp
    102.7 KB · Views: 94
peterbaron said:
Gone, what happened, switched your lovely CB for ^^ this ^^ bicycle  :)
You ate too many pickles!!

Hey, that’s a classic 1994 Trek 930. Supposedly the last model year produced in the U.S.
 
Nope ... post # 5086 I posted, but deferred to the next poster who happened to be Cormanus so its his turn to pick
 
Crikey! I looked back through the list of previous challenges and we've run through a good few topics.

So, for August, lets go for a picture of your CB1100 with a town-scape or city-scape in the background.
 
Yesterday, I rode around trying to capture a “town-scape”. I took these photos which may not be what Cormanus intended, but I thought it would provide a couple of minutes of YouTube entertainment. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present beautiful South Centerville, New York:

[attachment=553]
[attachment=554]

 

Attachments

  • IMG_0682.webp
    IMG_0682.webp
    101.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0683.webp
    IMG_0683.webp
    92.1 KB · Views: 60
Works for me Suhawk.

To be honest im not sure what a town-scape is either
 
suhawk305 said:
Yesterday, I rode around trying to capture a “town-scape”. I took these photos which may not be what Cormanus intended, but I thought it would provide a couple of minutes of YouTube entertainment. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present beautiful South Centerville, New York:





Beautiful and serene.
 
I took these two pictures yesterday, on a road going up above some suburbs of Grenoble...

First one at low altitude, 150 or 200 meters above the town of Fontanil-Cornillon. We cannot see much of the city, but somewhere there, is the house I live in.
[attachment=585]
Second one 3 or 4 km farther, a nice spot over Voreppe town, 400 or 500 meters under a sharp road bent.
[attachment=586]
I like this small winding road, it is my usual monthly short ride, from Fontanil-Cornillon to Mont-Saint-Martin village, in Chartreuse montain.

Jean-Pierre
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4163B.webp
    IMG_4163B.webp
    696 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4168B.webp
    IMG_4168B.webp
    524.3 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top