CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I find the introduction of AI pictures to the Forum charming and hilariously funny, I remain more impressed with you handsome gentlemen actually riding your motorcycles to an actual place and stunning us all with a great picture.

Since I set the quote for this month’s Photo challenge, I will give 1/2 credit for each manufactured image.  :)

I do hope you will ride your motorcycles to a place you love and share the moment. Call me a traditionalist, but I find that more beautiful than a digital mirage you can conjure up in the Matrix.

David
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0706.webp
    IMG_0706.webp
    96.4 KB · Views: 62
peterbaron said:
Gone, ha, ha.. your jacket has a price sticker :)

That’s because right after I tried it on, I put it right back on the rack. Mrs. took a picture figuring I’d want to commemorate the moment for some reason. I then went back to admiring the expensive Italian motorcycles in the showroom.
 
After getting over a respiratory illness I caught on a cruise ship, I finally got out for a ride. I felt good to be back on the saddle again. The picture was taken in Oakland Valley Road, aka: Orange County 7. It is not a particularly a challenging road, but is a scenic road that parallels the Neversink River. Seldom do I have to follow another vehicle.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    118 KB · Views: 46
suhawk, as I recall, you're a chap who knows about hydraulics. So, can a river ever sink?

PS I'm pleased you've recovered.
 
[quote="suhawk305" pid='269634' dateline='1752272955']
After getting over a respiratory illness I caught on a cruise ship, I finally got out for a ride. I felt good to be back on the saddle again. The picture was taken in Oakland Valley Road, aka: Orange County 7. It is not a particularly a challenging road, but is a scenic road that parallels the Neversink River. Seldom do I have to follow another vehicle.
[/QUOTE]

Beautiful road. I can see why you love it. Glad to hear you are feeling better. David
 
Cormanus said:
suhawk, as I recall, you're a chap who knows about hydraulics. So, can a river ever sink?

PS I'm pleased you've recovered.
Thank you. I thought you were an expert about hydraulics, example: the laminar flow of Foster’s Lager.
I never experienced a sinking river. I understand that a small river or stream can be absorbed into the ground into the water table under certain conditions. 
Most of my career is dealing with having too much water.
 
So 'Neversink' is not a completely crazy name for a river.

As for laminar flow, I used to be a keen observer. LOL
 
Cormanus said:
So 'Neversink' is not a completely crazy name for a river.

As for laminar flow, I used to be a keen observer. LOL

You got me, your comment went completely over my head!  
No, the Neversink never sinks.  :hilarious:
 
Out this afternoon and ended up at a happy place.

IMG-9462.jpg
 
Checked out a cars-and-coffee early Saturday morning. Closer to home than my go-to Donut Derelicts, just ten minutes away.

Going to any gathering of cars or motorcycles is a joy for me so I’m counting this one. 

Small gathering, maybe ten or so cool old cars. I chatted with a guy about his classic Dodge Dart. Coincidentally, perhaps prophetically, last night, a friend emailed me with an offer to purchase his ‘65 Dart convertible. Thinking about it…
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5071.webp
    IMG_5071.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 53
I know that Cormanus may be forced to take down this post because of our policies, but we will see if I can squeak this picture into the Monthly Photo Challenge. :)

I love going to Mass on Sunday morning on my CB1100. I find the contrast between the Cathedral, CB1100, and the blue sky comforting.

Pwk3Ldh.jpeg


Today, I asked God to send Archangel Michael to protect all Forum Members while on the road. For those who do not share my faith, I ask for your indulgence and wish you a great week and safe travels for every mile you ride on your CB1100.
 
What a shiny bike. Spectacular building too.
 
My bike was not that shiny when I picked it up from the dealer
 
I applied three ceramic coating layers to my motorcycle and use detailing products from The Chemical Guys company. It is easy to maintain with a ceramic coat base. Have a great week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top