CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ferret. Because it's my only helmet, it has to be my favourite. But I really like it as well. I think I told the story of acquiring it in a 2024 Chronicle.
 
Mrs. G sent me the pics she had on her phone from the DGR.
The helmet isn't technically on the seat of the bike, but it's on my body which is in the process of mounting the bike here.

What I like about it is that the sun is catching the color of the helmet perfectly, and the color makes it my favorite, if least practical helmet.
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_IMG_0617.webp
    thumbnail_IMG_0617.webp
    67.1 KB · Views: 76
Whoops's turn to call it for June, I think?
 
Holy cow it's June!
Been so busy I didn't even notice.
Whoops, I'm goin' riding this weekend, what's the challenge?
 
Cormanus said:
Whoops's turn to call it for June, I think?

Oy! I am slacking. How about a picture of you on your CB1100 that is a reflection. Something like this.

3KEOWfg.jpeg
 
Ok I’ll bite. Had to run some errands after work and had just come home from my office day and an hour on the Enfield. Gave her the evening off to rest and jumped on my Honda.

Headed past the neighborhood where my old office was, I realized I hadn’t taken a look at the place since I left at the end of the year. Not much had changed other than they replaced the beat-up old roll-up door to the warehouse. Guess they didn’t want to be as manly as I had been for years, tugging on a loose old chain that snagged half the time. 

I noticed that across the street, on what had been an abandoned field for decades, a huge building was going up, one of those massive distribution centers that seem to appear almost overnight. 

Checking that out, I noticed that the lighting was perfect to reflect myself in my old office windows. I bent over to fit all of myself below that horizontal beam but that just seems to look weird.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4872.webp
    IMG_4872.webp
    44.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4873.webp
    IMG_4873.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 43
Here is my entry, can you spot me? 

As an aside this mirror was Admiral Beatty's, in his cabin on board His Majesty's Ship Lion. The brass plaque on it is dated 1914-1918 and noted with Jutland, Heligoland and Dogger, areas in which this ship did battle. My mother would have picked it up a a "Car Boot Sale" for £5 and plastered this blue paint on it and hung it up in her garage for decades, not minding its history or thinking of its near destruction lying in the bottom of an Ocean. 

 A battlecruiser, completed in 1912 with a main armament of eight 13.5in guns, the Lion was Admiral Beatty's flagship at the Battles of the Heligoland Bight, Dogger Bank and Jutland. At Jutland she was hit by several 12in shells from the Lutzow. One struck 'Q' turret amidships only prompt flooding of the magazine saved the ship from a potentially fatal fire.

[attachment=292]

[attachment=293]
 

Attachments

  • Admiral Beatty's Mirror.webp
    Admiral Beatty's Mirror.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 79
  • In battle.webp
    In battle.webp
    161 KB · Views: 81
Tev62 said:
Here is my entry, can you spot me? 

As an aside this mirror was Admiral Beatty's, in his cabin on board His Majesty's Ship Lion. The brass plaque on it is dated 1914-1918 and noted with Jutland, Heligoland and Dogger, areas in which this ship did battle. My mother would have picked it up a a "Car Boot Sale" for £5 and plastered this blue paint on it and hung it up in her garage for decades, not minding its history or thinking of its near destruction lying in the bottom of an Ocean. 

So, Mom bought the painting, painted the frame and put a mirror in it? 

I don't have a story like that, but it reminds me of a story related to John Wayne's yacht, the Wild Goose, which is docked in Newport Beach and now used for harbor cruises. At the end of the gang plank is a metal sign that says "Welcome to the Wild Goose". The story we were told was that Wayne's sons were in San Francisco shortly before John's birthday one year. They visited a tavern called the Wild Goose, and swiped its welcome sign to give to Dad to welcome guests to the yacht. The Wild Goose Tavern was initially upset that their sign was stolen, but was happy to hear who it was given to. 
 
Can you see me? Hard, but I’m in there somewhere. 

Got to the museum this morning and this very unusual glass structure was near the entry. Wasn’t there last Saturday.

With all that reflective glass, I had to park next to it and try to get a picture with it to see if I’d see myself.

What’s inside? A new Aston Martin Vanquish.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4907.webp
    IMG_4907.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4908.webp
    IMG_4908.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 65
Cormanus said:
After all the work you do for them, that's ingratitude.

That’s very kind. I’m happy just to share an incredible collection with fans eager to learn. It would be nice if they’d let me display my CB there.

I alerted security that I’d be rolling my bike up to the Aston sculpture thing to get some photos. A few came out to see, and assumed that the bike was part of the collection.
 
Nachodaddy said:
Wow! Tev, I am impressed. And then Gone comes along and I'm even more impressed. Thanks, guys.

Ha! In my case it was just a good opportunity on Saturday morning.
 
New month, new challenge?
Who's choice is it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top