CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ferret_imp said:
Can't believe this is the first entry in this month's photo challenge...maybe due to the issues we have been having

Anyway... a Taco Truck up in the next town north of me. No extra point for review because I don't do Mexican (except Taco Bell Tacos) and I did ask the lady carrying the bag away in the pic if it was any good, but it was her first time eating there but said it "looked" good. lol

2687cd3d7de73f871b6d8cad14a67232.jpg
I think this allows you to take the honours this month :-)
 
Would it be too outrageous to suggest this activity/thread move to the other forum?
 
Does that mean it’s your choice of subject for May, Ferret? Spring has sprung for most, and I would think now that we have a working forum, this could be a stellar month for the challenge!
 
Agreed! Lets get a new challenge going and do it on this new fantastic forum
 
I guess it's my turn since I was the only one to post one last month. I hope that you people begging for a new challenge will step up and participate. This will be an easy one

Your bike with your favorite helmet sitting on the seat

85gYlPa.jpg
 
Gone in 60 said:
rdprdp01 said:
Downtown Pleasanton on Mother’s Day

...Did you take Mom to Mother's Day lunch on your CB1100?

:) No, but I did call her from the restaurant and we had a virtual brunch. At one point, I described my motorcycle to her and suggested she may want to go for a ride. She then told me in the most lovely French accent on the planet

“You have always been the craziest of my sons. I have never understood your love of motorcycles but I know you just can’t help it. I should never have let you buy one when you were 13!”

David
 
I don't know if Mom has ever held reservations about me riding, but she's always expressed support for it. In fact, the last time I had to leave a bike in her garage for a while, she had put a sheet over it and sent me a picture, to show me that it was safe and covered so it would stay clean.

I figured I should rejigger the bike arrangement to bring the CB1100 up to the front so she's ready for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride this Saturday. That made for a great opportunity for an evening ride. Plus, we had a wet winter so the hills are still pretty and green, but a heat spike over the weekend was a good reminder that everything will be brown soon enough. 

Also time to bring out my favorite helmet, and one that only comes out for special occasions like the DGR. This Biltwell Gringo was a limited edition in aqua blue. I really admired it, but by the time I got around to buying one, they were gone. I got lucky and found one new in the box a few years ago on Facebook. It's simple and classic. Not as comfortable or practical as my daily commuting helmets, but still my favorite.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4656.webp
    IMG_4656.webp
    83.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4661.webp
    IMG_4661.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 86
Is it just me, or is there something slightly spooky about those gloves?
 
Gone in 60 said:
I don't know if Mom has ever held reservations about me riding, but she's always expressed support for it. In fact, the last time I had to leave a bike in her garage for a while, she had put a sheet over it and sent me a picture, to show me that it was safe and covered so it would stay clean.

That just tells me you had a mother that recognized something that brought you joy and was able to use that joy as a way to connect with you. That tells me you had an empathetic mother who loved you. You are truly fortunate!

Also, how is the wind noise on the freeway with that helmet?
 
Whoops said:
Gone in 60 said:
I don't know if Mom has ever held reservations about me riding, but she's always expressed support for it. In fact, the last time I had to leave a bike in her garage for a while, she had put a sheet over it and sent me a picture, to show me that it was safe and covered so it would stay clean.

That just tells me you had a mother that recognized something that brought you joy and was able to use that joy as a way to connect with you. That tells me you had an empathetic mother who loved you. You are truly fortunate!

Also, how is the wind noise on the freeway with that helmet?

The helmet isn't really any louder than the more modern Scorpions I normally wear. It doesn't have any vents or doodads that stick out from it, and I haven't added a camera mount to it - just wouldn't be right on something like this. Part of it's "charm" is that the face shield has detents to keep it cracked open just a tad, but at any road speed, it snaps shut. But, with the chrome trim surrounding the face opening, the shield doesn't make a tight seal against the helmet, so there's plenty of ventilation when shut. 

Not bad for something that I only wear for tweed-and-curly mustache occaisions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top