CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
With today and tomorrow morning being the last dry days for at least the forecastable future, I thought it best to go searching for some red. Crossed over the Columbia into Washington state and found an interesting subject along hiway 14:
a2c06b9ec0740ce024232ec1079db7b1.jpg


I could have just ridden down the block and chose from any number of late fall trees, but that would have been too easy.
0bf9764e0cdbe58f18897cc173638851.jpg
 
Wow, those are great pictures!

I tried to find a brick wall I could park next to…
 
Nice train entry...I was thinking of a caboose, but I found this instead on today's ride:

98faba1de248c213f1f69aa3c42b0039.jpg


d95440edaa3363994d71de134d2539c4.jpg


I also came across something I don't recognize
d79cd27f5169a7183131e3febf99d89f.jpg


Af first I thought grapes, lots out in this neck of the woods, but they don't look viny at all. About 3-4' tall, couldn't discern anything to ID them, just that their leaves turn a crazy red-orange. Anybody know what they are?
 
The nice and bright red looks great against the backdrop of the faded red fire truck.
Nice shot, pdedse.
 
This picture does not meet the background requirements for this month. And another admission, an argument could be made that the bike may not be the absolute focal point of the picture. Hence, it is disqualified from consideration for the Challenge.

However, I did take the picture this month and it truly defines the beginning of a great day atop a CB1100.

I hope everyone reading this post will have a similar experience soon. It was the best 20 miles I have ever ridden on a motorcycle.

8c4c28dcc5abb457c004ab50f7d9cd53.jpeg
 
Nice! Just great to see people out enjoying themselves and sharing the experiences.
 
Been a crazy month so far, and I haven’t been able to get to any riding that isn’t a commute or an urgent errand, and half of it has been after dark. So, this month’s submission is on-the-fly. I tried to be a little artistic at least, to capture something large and red.

How about a sunset and brake lights.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Been a crazy month so far, and I haven’t been able to get to any riding that isn’t a commute or an urgent errand, and half of it has been after dark. So, this month’s submission is on-the-fly. I tried to be a little artistic at least, to capture something large and red.

How about a sunset and brake lights.
I was thinking about the CB with the red glow of a sunset bouncing off the red tank...and then I remembered I live in Oregon where we won't see a sunset till around July 4th.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Been a crazy month so far, and I haven’t been able to get to any riding that isn’t a commute or an urgent errand, and half of it has been after dark. So, this month’s submission is on-the-fly. I tried to be a little artistic at least, to capture something large and red.

How about a sunset and brake lights.
I was thinking about the CB with the red glow of a sunset bouncing off the red tank...and then I remembered I live in Oregon where we won't see a sunset till around July 4th.
I was thinking about the CB with the red glow of a sunset bouncing off the red tank...and then I remembered I live in Oregon where we won't see a sunset till around July 4th.
So, it's dark until July 4? Huh.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Been a crazy month so far, and I haven’t been able to get to any riding that isn’t a commute or an urgent errand, and half of it has been after dark. So, this month’s submission is on-the-fly. I tried to be a little artistic at least, to capture something large and red.

How about a sunset and brake lights.
I was thinking about the CB with the red glow of a sunset bouncing off the red tank...and then I remembered I live in Oregon where we won't see a sunset till around July 4th.
I was thinking about the CB with the red glow of a sunset bouncing off the red tank...and then I remembered I live in Oregon where we won't see a sunset till around July 4th.
So, it's dark until July 4? Huh.
I was thinking about the CB with the red glow of a sunset bouncing off the red tank...and then I remembered I live in Oregon where we won't see a sunset till around July 4th.
So, it's dark until July 4? Huh.
I tend to exaggerate at times...I'm sure there will be a few here and there : )

Can't remember the year, maybe 2005 or '06...we had 37--or was only 33?--days w/out any sun...just gray, misty, rainy, continued overcast, back to misty and rainy...and wet...this is west of the Cascades. East side is a different story. I remember seeing the sun one day...you couldn't help but stop, look up and breathe with relief.
 
Just looked it up, we average 176 days of sunshine a year here in Cinti ...that means 189 days without :(

I only ride an average of 305 days a year lol. I'm at 290 as of today
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top