CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you gentlemen, I accept the challenge.
The topic for June is:

Your CB1100 in front of scenery that was used as a recognizable location in a movie.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Hmmm, wish I were a little closer to Tombstone.
Tombstone is on my list of "to do" during next visit to AZ.
Tombstone is on my list of "to do" during next visit to AZ.
HERE
LIES
LESTER MOORE
FOUR SLUGS
FROM A 44
NO LES
NO MORE
 
Tombstone is well off the beaten track and may be somewhat of a let-down if you set your hopes very high. When I went thirty-five years ago, it had the wooden sidewalks and old saloons and stores and a good many "cowboy gunslingers" hanging around who would put on shows of gun-fights in the street, complete with the old-time mortician and his helper to drag away the bodies, who would get up and walk away once around the corner. Old Tucson is a small theme park just outside Tucson which has been used in western movies and TV shows and you will see many familiar buildings when you visit. They have a website which can help with tickets to their events, like concerts. Goldfield Ghost Town is a fun place east of Phoenix, near The Superstition Mountains. Their website also can help you decide if you want to visit. These are just a few sites to give you a taste of the "Old West" when you are in the area.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Tombstone is well off the beaten track and may be somewhat of a let-down if you set your hopes very high. When I went thirty-five years ago, it had the wooden sidewalks and old saloons and stores and a good many "cowboy gunslingers" hanging around who would put on shows of gun-fights in the street, complete with the old-time mortician and his helper to drag away the bodies, who would get up and walk away once around the corner. Old Tucson is a small theme park just outside Tucson which has been used in western movies and TV shows and you will see many familiar buildings when you visit. They have a website which can help with tickets to their events, like concerts. Goldfield Ghost Town is a fun place east of Phoenix, near The Superstition Mountains. Their website also can help you decide if you want to visit. These are just a few sites to give you a taste of the "Old West" when you are in the area.
Thank you Nach. :beerchug:
 
Darn! Rode past the famous long set of steps in Georgetown that were in the Exorcist on the way home today. Was even on the CB1100 (which I normally don't use for longer commutes...)
 
Ha, I passed a few good ones yesterday. Now I’m away for a week, so I’ll hit ‘em when I’m back.
 
Just to get the ball rolling; this is Bective Abbey in County Meath, about an hour's ride from where I live. It was used as Longshanks' castle in the film Braveheart starring Mel Gibson. It was founded by the Cistercians as a monastery in 1147.

 
Cool indeed spechg...

Being lazy, I tried to find something within a few minutes of where I live. Only thing that popped out was the Blair Witch Project. Noting particularly recognizable from that unfortunately.

I'll be in Annapolis in a couple of days and should have an a few good photo ops there... Gone's daily commute probably passes a dozen movie spots every day so I'm guessing he'll beat us all to it!
 
tommymck_imp said:
Cool indeed spechg...

Being lazy, I tried to find something within a few minutes of where I live. Only thing that popped out was the Blair Witch Project. Noting particularly recognizable from that unfortunately.

I'll be in Annapolis in a couple of days and should have an a few good photo ops there... Gone's daily commute probably passes a dozen movie spots every day so I'm guessing he'll beat us all to it!
Gone’s gone … away,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top