CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Don't lose the long and raw footage!

In fact, consider arranging it on a very large hard drive in a fashion where the raw videos can be easily retrieved (because you won't care much for computers in deep retirement) so you can spend long, lonely days in your "Sunny Meadows" residence rocking chair (hopefully with minimal drooling) and relive the moments on and off the saddle. I am sure a bit of muscle memory recall will help the bone rack feel good.

Also, the video wind noise sound tracks won't matter much either since more than half the hearing will be lost anyway.
:D
 
Ok, we're getting off the subject of the monthly photo challenge, but since I'm waiting for a truck to come pick up my materials to go to our upcoming event, I just banged out a little video of our DGR using ClipChamp at Tev's suggestion.

In all fairness, we do go over a bridge right after we leave the parking lot, so there is a tie-in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5defAEDvso&t=27s
 
Great vid Gin60. It is easy to see why air-cooled bikes work in NA, you can actually ride without stopping every two minutes!
 
Tev62_imp said:
Great vid Gin60. It is easy to see why air-cooled bikes work in NA, you can actually ride without stopping every two minutes!
... well, maybe our city blocks are larger?

L.A.
Toronto
Washington DC
etc.

are not ideal urban riding domains.
 
Thanks, guys! As far as our blocks, the route they chose for this year's DGR was along very long suburban stretches of road which are less travelled on weekends.
Last year's route was along a popular coastal road, and yes, we'd be stopping every two minutes.
 
I took my first ride this year to the Roebling’s Delaware Aqueduct. This is the oldest existing wire suspension bridge in the US designed by John Roebling. It was part of the Delaware and Hudson Canal. Roebling's Delaware Aqueduct - Upper Delaware Scenic & Recreational River (U.S. National Park Service)

82d1f4bfa91cb28abe9fc2568a2a0cb8.jpg


A 128 mile day. It felt great to be able to ride the CB again!
 
That’s cool! I’m enjoying how this challenge has become a sort of history lesson.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That’s cool! I’m enjoying how this challenge has become a sort of history lesson.
Yes.

Who knew way back then that some future folks "in the ether" would be re-living and discussing the history because they rode something called a "motorcycle" made in Japan across it?
 
The ferret_imp said:
I think its spechg's choice for June
Actually, Mr Ferret, I think the honour might be yours as you provided the first bridge photo with a "from the cockpit" view.
 
spechg_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think its spechg's choice for June
Actually, Mr Ferret, I think the honour might be yours as you provided the first bridge photo with a "from the cockpit" view.
Actually, Mr Ferret, I think the honour might be yours as you provided the first bridge photo with a "from the cockpit" view.
I think it was just a bridge with "extra credit for a cockpit view". You had the first bridge pic (pg 406 post # 4057), so it's your choice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top