CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cormanus_imp said:
Nice one EmptySea. Looking forward to yours Ferrett. Nothing from here. It's raining again. Sydney, 1,000 kms south of here has already recorded over 2 metres (6' 7") of rain this year already with more to come. Here at Maison Cormanus, it's a more modest 1.6 metres (5'3"), although that's at least 200mm (7.8") more than usual.

No sunsets and no prospect of riding today.

On the other hand—and I know it's cheating—here's a sunset I caught recently while on my boat ...



Like.

Over 2 m of rain!? :s
 
The ferret_imp said:
here they are

05e7e04870314fc05d395e4647f1fbfa.jpg


eba700ea7aad756a711afd73a7bbf92d.jpg


0bd7d99c47da240655bdfc3adf2f2570.jpg


80b75a6b70d96a55b71f284f3ddc1211.jpg
Nice 'n' neatly done Ferret. :thumbsup:
 
Very nice! Haven't seen such a feature-packed sunset around here in quite a while.
 
Doesn't have a motorcycle in it, but I was culling the collection of pictures Mrs. Gone sends me of the cats, and found this. Taken in Corona del Mar, looking at Catalina right after a storm. Pretty dramatic!
 
Ha... Mrs. Gone's primary job is to provide tele-health medical care from her home office. We adopted our two cats, brothers, when they were tiny kittens while she was in nursing school. So, they've strongly bonded to her, and sit in cat beds in her office and provide her with weird antics throughout the day. Since I travel for work fairly consistently, she sends me lots of pictures while I'm gone. I noticed that much of my phone's brink-of-shutdown lack of memory was due to a glut of cat photos.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Well. . . there is CATalina, after all.
Womp Womp....

By the way, as I mentioned earlier, while I think I might have been the first to submit a picture for this month's challenge, I will defer for November. This month was my choice, and besides, I will be off the grid all of next week at a trade show and unable to think of anything other than how to not catch something in a convention center full of the rabble of the automotive industry.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Ha... Mrs. Gone's primary job is to provide tele-health medical care from her home office. We adopted our two cats, brothers, when they were tiny kittens while she was in nursing school. So, they've strongly bonded to her, and sit in cat beds in her office and provide her with weird antics throughout the day. Since I travel for work fairly consistently, she sends me lots of pictures while I'm gone. I noticed that much of my phone's brink-of-shutdown lack of memory was due to a glut of cat photos.
:rofl:

Excellent.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Well. . . there is CATalina, after all.
Womp Womp....

By the way, as I mentioned earlier, while I think I might have been the first to submit a picture for this month's challenge, I will defer for November. This month was my choice, and besides, I will be off the grid all of next week at a trade show and unable to think of anything other than how to not catch something in a convention center full of the rabble of the automotive industry.
Womp Womp....

By the way, as I mentioned earlier, while I think I might have been the first to submit a picture for this month's challenge, I will defer for November. This month was my choice, and besides, I will be off the grid all of next week at a trade show and unable to think of anything other than how to not catch something in a convention center full of the rabble of the automotive industry.
i think it would be Empty Sea's pick for November
 
Thread starter
I was traveling yesterday and this completely slipped my mind. Sorry for the delay.

For November, a photo of your CB1100 in front of a diner, coffee shop, bakery, or similar establishment that you often visit for breakfast on your rides.

- Your personal residence doesn’t count
- If you never ride out for breakfast, then you may substitute a locally famous breakfast joint or your favorite motorcycle lunch or snack stop
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I was traveling yesterday and this completely slipped my mind. Sorry for the delay.

For November, a photo of your CB1100 in front of a diner, coffee shop, bakery, or similar establishment that you often visit for breakfast on your rides.

- Your personal residence doesn’t count
- If you never ride out for breakfast, then you may substitute a locally famous breakfast joint or your favorite motorcycle lunch or snack stop
A comfortable challenge MTC.

Get that CB1100 out folks!
 
Mrs. Ferret and I never seem to go out for breakfast, except for her occasional request "will you go thru the McDonald's Drive Thru and pick me up an Egg McMuffin", but sometimes my brother and my son's father-in-law and I will ride out to breakfast and this is the place we always head for. It's about a 40 mile ride round trip, although we always make it longer by taking back roads to and from.

The Country Inn, Georgetown Ohio

Country Inn Restaurant - Ohio Homestyle Dining

We usually get "The Country Slammer"
2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, two sausage patties, home fries and 2 pancakes for $10.49

1d8f5263ba6498e0b5d320af68ecaaed.jpg
 
Thread starter
That's a nice breakfast at a good price. Funny thing is that I meant to include in the photo challenge that submissions also include a picture or description of the person's favorite meal at the location. Thanks for including that description, Ferret.
 
Thread starter
This is our usual first stop/meet up location for group rides. I’m here most weekdays for coffee and the do have breakfast sandwiches and baked goods, but it’s not technically my favorite “breakfast joint” when we ride.

Off The Wall Cafe is a cool little coffee shop in Park Ridge. It is so-named because it is located adjacent to Beer on the Wall, a craft beer retailer and tasting room. Both spots are owned by the same people.

Rain in the forecast today, but not much so the 60° temperatures in November trump the 30% chance at precipitation.

b2a3381e2b11bf61987b0eb6082483b6.jpg



aa98d023ee1f9cbb2f20ed03f4652497.jpg


81254eb96db883a67d39bc7a971e0c3e.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Saturday was a very rare day for me. Mrs. had plans for the day, I didn't have to work, Mom was taken care of, and I didn't have any pressing chores. Time to take a day out to ride, which is something that only happens when all of the stars line up.

I started in the early morning with a trip to Donut Derelicts, a gathering of hot rods and motorycles that has been taking place in Huntington Beach for many, many years. If you like to go to Cars & Coffee shows on weekends, this is the one that started them all. Everyone gathers very early on Saturday mornings in a strip mall parking lot, and are gone before the businesses and restaurants open. The local donut shop opens early to feed everyone, hence the name of the show. I've been bring cars and motorcycles here since the '90s.

With a dounut and a cup of coffee, I was ready to take in the scene and chat with the owners of some of the cars and motorycles. My CB1100 was in good company with a few Ducatis, and a squadron of Whizzer bikes.




After that, it was on to my favorite sandwich shop, Busy Bee located in San Pedro. I've also been coming here for years. If you get here early, you don't have to stand in a line that frequently reaches the door to order and get your sandwich. It's a local institution.

The best place to enjoy your sandwich is nearby at Angel's Gate Park, which has sweeping views of the ocean just past L.A. Harbor. I like to sit on the bluff and watch ships and airplanes go by. Catalina was hazed-over on Saturday, not too clear a view of it.

No better way to get in a day of riding and to enjoy some treats that I can only eat alone... Mrs. Gone would be making her food choice comments, naturally.



 
That sounds like a great way to spend a day, Gone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top