CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter
I didn't mean to suggest that your clear sunset was somehow an inferior sunset. I would say (just to hyper-analyze for a bit) that your sunset became picturesque because of the airplanes silhouetted against it and by the panorama of the unbroken horizon. Yes, my timing for bike/sunset pictures seems to be similar to yours.
 
Thanks! About to head out for a vacation (Mrs. Gone and I are celebrating 14 years of not killing each other), and will be out for a trade show when we return, so this was probably my last chance to shoot a sunset of any kind with my bike before I start commuting home from work in the dark.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Thanks! About to head out for a vacation (Mrs. Gone and I are celebrating 14 years of not killing each other), and will be out for a trade show when we return, so this was probably my last chance to shoot a sunset of any kind with my bike before I start commuting home from work in the dark.
Congratulations Gone on not killing a spouse. Love is a powerful shield.
 
Bet you've thought about it once or twice though :rofl:

Mrs Ferret and I have been married 48 years. I'm sure she has wanted to dispose of me a time or ten in that period :P
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Thanks! About to head out for a vacation (Mrs. Gone and I are celebrating 14 years of not killing each other), and will be out for a trade show when we return, so this was probably my last chance to shoot a sunset of any kind with my bike before I start commuting home from work in the dark.
Wow, that was a long fight without any injury or consequences...:P
.....anyhow, congratulations!!
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Thanks! About to head out for a vacation (Mrs. Gone and I are celebrating 14 years of not killing each other), and will be out for a trade show when we return, so this was probably my last chance to shoot a sunset of any kind with my bike before I start commuting home from work in the dark.
Wow, that was a long fight without any injury or consequences...:P
.....anyhow, congratulations!!
Wow, that was a long fight without any injury or consequences...:P
.....anyhow, congratulations!!
Killing and injury are somewhat different end results. :D
 
Congratulations Mr & Mrs Gone!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Bet you've thought about it once or twice though :rofl:

Mrs Ferret and I have been married 48 years. I'm sure she has wanted to dispose of me a time or ten in that period :P
In THAT period? Ask her if she's wanted to dispose of you in the last 48 HOURS :rofl:

Congratulations, GI60 -- 33 years here and I ain't dead yet.... yet.
 
I've never thought about it, but I can't guarantee that she hasn't. I do some dumb stuff every now and then.
She has kept me from killing myself over the years. I think I set the stage early on in the relationship when she had to help me extract my hand from the gears of my garage door opener.

Maybe that's why she decided on a mid-life career change to the medical field.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I've never thought about it, but I can't guarantee that she hasn't. I do some dumb stuff every now and then.
She has kept me from killing myself over the years. I think I set the stage early on in the relationship when she had to help me extract my hand from the gears of my garage door opener.

Maybe that's why she decided on a mid-life career change to the medical field.
Maybe she thought you were harmless? :)
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Nobody up for snapping a sunset? Granted, took me a while. But, due to a lengthy cleanup after a painting accident at work (long story), I found myself stumbling out of the office high on acetone to get some fresh air, and realized it was almost sunset.

Cleared my head and jumped on the CB to see where I could grab some pics. Here are a few that sort of go together.

John Wayne is my home airport, not too far from home and a quick jaunt to the office. It's situated in a very unique spot, wedged between two freeways which make quite a short runway, and limit the size of commercial planes that can use it. It's also a short distance north of the Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve, which is a great place to hike after work. The trail surrounds the bay, which is home to several species of wildlife who don't take kindly to jets flying right over them.

As such, John Wayne uses what they term a "Noise abatement takeoff", which involves a steep climb, followed by throttling the plane back a bit, so that planes are as high as possible, making a minimal amount of noise when they pass over the reserve. In all of my walks around the bay, they seem plenty loud, but I guess they'd be louder with a normal takeoff.

Anyway, the bay is a great place to watch the sunset. After taking it in, it was back on the perpetually under-construction 405 to get back to my painting project.

Since I came up with the challenge this month, and seem to be the only participant so far, I will abstain from coming up with next month's challenge.

Very nice!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
you have to see the sun to have a sunset. Ohio has moved into perma gray season lol.
 
I actually saw the moon on a mid-morning ride the other day.

Going to be 29 in the morning. I put the muffs on the quarter horse this afternoon. Will have the electrics cooking on tomorrow morning's ride.
 
Thread starter
a02f9bd307509bb85952b354602c1cd4.jpg


Illinois October 21, 2022 5:50pm CDT


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice Sea. I was out and got some myself tonight. Waiting for them to download. Sun sets later here than there lol
 
Nice one EmptySea. Looking forward to yours Ferrett. Nothing from here. It's raining again. Sydney, 1,000 kms south of here has already recorded over 2 metres (6' 7") of rain this year already with more to come. Here at Maison Cormanus, it's a more modest 1.6 metres (5'3"), although that's at least 200mm (7.8") more than usual.

No sunsets and no prospect of riding today.

On the other hand—and I know it's cheating—here's a sunset I caught recently while on my boat ...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top