I like the sunset shot.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
So sad Gone. :-/Gone in 60_imp said:It was a bit hot today, so I saved my ride for the evening. I wanted to get photos by the ocean where Mrs. Gone and I like to walk when we're by the beach. As I found out, however, there are few places where you can park and get a good photo of your bike with the ocean in the background.
The photo with all of the boats in the background is Newport Beach Harbor, looking at Balboa Island. I particularly like this spot, because before everything was developed into beach-front houses with luxury yachts, plastic surgery offices (I'm taking this photo from the parking lot of one) and other frippery, Buster Keaton used this exact location for filming most scenes that involved a car or motorcycle running into water, or boating scenes. It's a great place to walk around.
My favorite view of the beach in Orange County is visible for a glimpse along Pacific Coast Highway before it heads into Laguna. It's one of our favorite beach walks. Unfortunately, there is no place to safely stop and take a photo of a bike with this view, so my sunset GoPro snapshot will have to do.
+1 for me. Great image from a moving GoPro.Cormanus_imp said:I like the sunset shot.
I wish I’d known! I work in town and commute there on my CB as often as possible.The ferret_imp said:Nice!
Three of us forum members spent the night in Narrangansett and rode by the beach about 2 months ago. Beautiful area.
![]()
Interesting Ferret.The ferret_imp said:We ate dinner at George's, stayed at the Anchor Motel, then the next morning rode along North 1 thru a really cool medieval looking archway along the beach and ate breakfast at Java Madness before heading to Pennsylvania.
![]()
![]()
It’s all that remains of a massive casino from a bygone era. Narragansett used to be similar to Newport; a summer haven for wealthy New Yorkers. I guess in some ways it still is. There is an old train station a few blocks away, but AFAIK, there were never tracks under the Towers.GoldOxide_imp said:Interesting Ferret.The ferret_imp said:We ate dinner at George's, stayed at the Anchor Motel, then the next morning rode along North 1 thru a really cool medieval looking archway along the beach and ate breakfast at Java Madness before heading to Pennsylvania.
![]()
![]()
By chance, I wonder if a railroad used to travel under it once upon a time?
It’s all that remains of a massive casino from a bygone era. Narragansett used to be similar to Newport; a summer haven for wealthy New Yorkers. I guess in some ways it still is. There is an old train station a few blocks away, but AFAIK, there were never tracks under the Towers.12milesout_imp said:It’s all that remains of a massive casino from a bygone era. Narragansett used to be similar to Newport; a summer haven for wealthy New Yorkers. I guess in some ways it still is. There is an old train station a few blocks away, but AFAIK, there were never tracks under the Towers.GoldOxide_imp said:Interesting Ferret.The ferret_imp said:We ate dinner at George's, stayed at the Anchor Motel, then the next morning rode along North 1 thru a really cool medieval looking archway along the beach and ate breakfast at Java Madness before heading to Pennsylvania.
![]()
![]()
By chance, I wonder if a railroad used to travel under it once upon a time?
