CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
J3gq, how bout we swap for a while. Mrs. Gone and I come live in the Alps, you come to California. I’ll leave my toolbox unlocked in case you need to work on your bike.

GO, as far as the pipe, since the land shifts so much in that area, pipes (not sure if they are water, gas, sewage) are laying above ground. They have flexible joints that allow for some movement.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
J3gq, how bout we swap for a while. Mrs. Gone and I come live in the Alps, you come to California. I’ll leave my toolbox unlocked in case you need to work on your bike.

GO, as far as the pipe, since the land shifts so much in that area, pipes (not sure if they are water, gas, sewage) are laying above ground. They have flexible joints that allow for some movement.
Lets keep working on that idea, ...
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
J3gq, how bout we swap for a while. Mrs. Gone and I come live in the Alps, you come to California. I’ll leave my toolbox unlocked in case you need to work on your bike.

GO, as far as the pipe, since the land shifts so much in that area, pipes (not sure if they are water, gas, sewage) are laying above ground. They have flexible joints that allow for some movement.
The quarter pipe Gone? ...

 
Oh, didn't notice that that was a culvert pipe, not a round pipe. I'd imagine that's for drainage. If you look on the other side of the road, the brown line running along side the road are above-ground pipes that are flexible. Not sure if they carry water, sewage, etc.
 
Not many decent signs placed where neither me nor the bike get squished if I pull over to take a picture. This is as good as I could find...


 
Figured I’d give this ol’ photo challenge a go!

Here's my CB perched up above the Ojai Valley and it's welcome sign. I'm lucky enough to live in the area and commute to Ojai a couple days a week.

Passing this sign is nostalgia for me, I used to love passing it to visit my uncle when I was a kid. Seeing the sign meant we were almost to Ojai, which meant I was almost to his house, which meant I got to hang out with my "cool" uncle who had trucks, guns, posters, and a big screen tv with Laser Discs
72648d56dee727c05ed8544ead7fc838.png


023afb9f05a8cc7537c41b4dea2fa31c.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice! I love Ojai and know that sign. Don’t get up there as often as I’d like, but it’s beautiful. Nice hiking trails above the town and some nice twisty roads too.
 
My only connection to that is that I had a crush on the $6M woman as a teenager...who according to the show was from some magical place called Ojai California.
 
I got to meet Lindsay Wagner several years ago at a Ford press function. Since she used to do Ford's TV ads, they still brought her out to be a spokesperson at some events. Nice to meet a lady who can rip a phone book in half!
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I got to meet Lindsay Wagner several years ago at a Ford press function. Since she used to do Ford's TV ads, they still brought her out to be a spokesperson at some events. Nice to meet a lady who can rip a phone book in half!
:thumbsup:
 
That's gettin' up there Tev. Yikes.

For all of July, the Ontario, Canada has discounted the provincial tax on gasoline.

Not sure, but might be all the carbon tax.
 
What’s going on at the end of the exhaust pipe, Tev?
 
It’s against the law to show the end of your exhaust in Ireland?

He drilled a bunch of holes in it and now it looks bad and he doesn’t want us to know?

An embarrassing decal is stuck on it?

That all I have :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top