CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, where have you guys been when I'm on the Honda?

I figured I'd have a shoe-in for this challenge. I've been seeing... evidence... on the ground in front of my office door that our resident Egyptian Geese are back in town for Spring.

However, they have only shown themselves so far when I'm one one of the other bikes. Thanks, guys, big help.
 
Thread starter
Welp...it's the last of May. I had opportunities to contribute to this month's challenge, but was always caught either without a camera or without the time.

Looks like The Ferret is the only one with a qualified submission for May so he gets the pic pick for June.

Side note: This is the 5th year of this thread. There have been 65 essentially unique photo subjects. There is no shame in repeating one so long as it's not a repeat of a very recent subject and so long as everyone knows that the photo submitted should not be exactly the same as a previously submitted one (ex. If the repeated subject was "Your CB in front of a cow" it can't be the same cow as the one you previously submitted). None of this matters if The Ferret comes up with a new and unique subject for June; I just don't want it to be a burden to anyone to think of a subject when it's their turn.
 
What page is the list of previous challenges on?

Ill go out tomorrow and pick a new subject
 
Thread starter
cc11a47d514592bc36c9790d55a6534b.jpg

Welcome to June!! The Ferret will post our challenge later today!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ha! Just flipped the calendar in the garage to June while I was gearing up this morning.
 
Ok 58 mile loop this morning to get you 3 options ...all sign related

Option 1: Gas price sign at your local station with current price of gas ( ours went up 30 cents a gal last night to $4.79 gal. I liked this one because if you look closely across the street is a BP station that went out of business a couple years ago, but their sign still reflects the price of gas then @ $2.31 gal.)

2aa3dd61bca55f02812986267f749e95.jpg


Option 2: A Park sign...can be a State or local Municipal Park. If it's big enough to get it's own sign, it qualifies.

e015244d6995882587edc72b5129f6b2.jpg


Option 3: An unusual sign (this one has always struck my fancy)

1218c7c329afdb79930883290d26ad7e.jpg


Hopefully more than just 1 person will participate this month. Lets get out there and ride and get some sign pics !
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ok 58 mile loop this morning to get you 3 options ...all sign related

Option 1: Gas price sign at your local station with current price of gas ( ours went up 30 cents a gal last night to $4.79 gal. I liked this one because if you look closely across the street is a BP station that went out of business a couple years ago, but their sign still reflects the price of gas then @ $2.31 gal.)

2aa3dd61bca55f02812986267f749e95.jpg


Option 2: A Park sign...can be a State or local Municipal Park. If it's big enough to get it's own sign, it qualifies.

e015244d6995882587edc72b5129f6b2.jpg


Option 3: An unusual sign (this one has always struck my fancy)

1218c7c329afdb79930883290d26ad7e.jpg


Hopefully more than just 1 person will participate this month. Lets get out there and ride and get some sign pics !
Hmm, like. :thumbsup:
 
Didn’t think of our European friends. Just paid $6 per gallon at Costco- a relative steal for us right now.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Didn’t think of our European friends. Just paid $6 per gallon at Costco- a relative steal for us right now.
Cheap gas, we pay at least $2/1L
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Didn’t think of our European friends. Just paid $6 per gallon at Costco- a relative steal for us right now.
Cheap gas, we pay at least $2/1L
Cheap gas, we pay at least $2/1L
Poor ol' Gone is paying more at Costco than PB.

Currently as of this writing and average exchange rate, Gone is paying about $2.08 Cdn per liter. Conversely, [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454]PB is paying about $5.78 US (per US gallon) and is likely not using Costco fuel, although there is nothing wrong with Costco fuel.
 
564ce5baf44548b475ab0023f0ce82cc.jpg


Well it’s not a winner but it’s in the spirit. Plus I had to figure out how to get a pic of her on the site without starting another “Ooops I did it again” thread.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top