CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter
e6c1e62f4b82a24715711b615695b3d4.jpg


It’s May! GoneIn60 gets the conn.

“A picture of your bike in front of something older than The Ferret” would be an inappropriate subject. Hilarious, but inappropriate. :rofl:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Conn aye.

Ha, I just flipped my calendar too.

Hmmm, thinking about it, being Spring, the critters are out. I've been navigating around pairs of ducks that have been wandering around my office complex when I get to work. We have a drainage channel nearby, along with a decorative lake that they come back to each spring.

So, the challenge is as follows:

Your CB1100 with a non-domestic, unrestrained animal.
- No pets or animals that could be construed as pets. No borrowing your neighbor's parrot and perching it on your handlebars
- No roadkill, that would be too easy, as they don't move about much
 
I don't want to make it too technical...

Let's say if there is enough room for the animal in question to get up to whatever its top running speed would be, it would count.
So, horses or livestock in a very large field would count, even if there is a fence around around their environment.

There's a guy two miles from me who keeps llamas in a small caged pen along the road. There's not much room for them to move around or be out of a camera shot, so it would be too easy for me to just amble over there and take a picture. It will also be easy for me, however, to anger the ducks and let them attack my bike while I stand back and take a picture. They are unrestrained and can fly away when they tire of quacking at me for whatever I did to upset them.
 
I reckon lions and tigers are out.

Not because they are restrained, but because the larger challenge would be getting the CB1100 close enough. :dodgy:
 
I dunno, I come across some mountain lions out in the canyon near me. The challenge would still be proximity...
 
all I can find unrestrained that cooperates so far are foul

Canada Geese

662ba3f8b700c90ce35296913f8f1210.jpg


Swans

d4e0e3932b8d24e6064082cff67a690e.jpg


Chickens (on the fly lol)

658c5099b7c39dd9affd38ffc9a202af.jpg
 
Nice! I've been waiting for our resident Egyptian Geese who normally terrorize our office parking lot this time of year.
 
I SAW HORSES, COWS, LONG HORNED CATTLE, PIGS, GOATS AND SHEEP ON TODAY'S RIDE BUT OF COURSE ALL OF THEM WERE BEHIND FENCES AS EXPECTED.

dang cap locks but I'm not typing it all out again lol
 
Thread starter
Nice pics Ferret and to my eye they all qualify. As to the fence question, it's my understanding that a fence is OK so long as the subject animal has enough room to easily walk/crawl/gallop out of frame. So a dog in kennel or a calf in one of those veal-tenderizing boxes would not be OK, but a horse or a cow in a large fenced in pasture would be.
 
Yeah, large fowl are fine. And a cow is fine as long as it has at least 328 feet to run in. According to farmhouseguide.com, that's how long it takes for a cow to reach 17mph, it's average top speed.
 
Not gonna touch that one...

I can say that after two weeks working on the road working long hours, eating fast food and staying in ratty motels, I'm no longer domesticated. Perhaps I should submit a selfie of me with my CB when I get back from an upcoming trip, before I shave and clean up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top