the Ferret
Road warrior
oh well, at least I got in some nice miles on a great motorccycleFollow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
oh well, at least I got in some nice miles on a great motorccycle
The ferret_imp said:oh well, at least I got in some nice miles on a great motorccycle
which is the real reward! You never know, you might be the only entry and you will have to be declared the winner!EmptySea_imp said:LOL - well, on the positive side, you still have a shot at this, Ferret. I'd go down by the river, possible to the ferry launch or other boat launch. then try to get as blurred a background of the opposite bank as possible. And then continue to Scioto Ribber for lunch. Tev might still reject the pick, but at least you'd get a ride...and a steak.![]()
Flexible yes but not that muchTev62_imp said:Flexible yes but not that muchEmptySea_imp said:I think the spirit of the challenge was met and of course I love that you had to ride a long distance to get find a qualifying spot. The whole idea, as I've stated numerous times, is to encourage riders to ride. Now, even though I think these photos qualify, a sterner judge might point out that plowed-under farm fields are in fact a "sign of human existence". I know not whether Tev62 is as flexible, kind, and gentle as I am so perhaps we should let him have the final say.- entry disqualified. When I first glanced at the photos I was immediately drawn to what I presumed were ploughed fields. The shot without the yellow markings is better too.
I was going to go up to a spot I like near a forest where I can also get a good horizon shot but decided the planting pattern on the conifers was too regimented which was a giveaway.
Sorry "The ferret"
- entry disqualified. When I first glanced at the photos I was immediately drawn to what I presumed were ploughed fields. The shot without the yellow markings is better too.Oh well... You motivated me to do some light trail riding today at any rate. Around these parts if anything but forest is visible it's a sign of people. It was all forest from the Chesapeake to the Ohio river.Tev62_imp said:Sorry tommymck this fails to meet the conditions of the photo in that the bike can be in no more than a 1/3 of the horizontal frame. But it is a cracking shot AND BIKE!

Thanks! Better luck to the next entrant!GoldOxide_imp said:Wooo, good image Tommy.![]()
I have indeed. I'll look it up and link it here. The reader's digest version is that it's a piece of cake once you figure out the trick to removing the fuel line connector from the tank. I have the 2017, and it's different than the videos and descriptions of the 2013s and 2014s people have posted. It's a 15 minute job, including the side covers, if you know what you are doing. I didn't go "full-Bazbro" though... Just the simple stuff for me.pdedse_imp said:That's a beautiful tank, tommy. I think you may have posted the details of the swap before, true?
Ah yes, that sounds familiar. I'm toying with the idea of going with a blue tank from Samurider, but I think they are out of them currently.tommymck_imp said:Thanks! Better luck to the next entrant!GoldOxide_imp said:Wooo, good image Tommy.![]()
In any case, it looks like riding season has begun here. Shortest offseason ever for me. Just a couple of months and I never really put the bikes away.
I have indeed. I'll look it up and link it here. The reader's digest version is that it's a piece of cake once you figure out the trick to removing the fuel line connector from the tank. I have the 2017, and it's different than the videos and descriptions of the 2013s and 2014s people have posted. It's a 15 minute job, including the side covers, if you know what you are doing. I didn't go "full-Bazbro" though... Just the simple stuff for me.pdedse_imp said:That's a beautiful tank, tommy. I think you may have posted the details of the swap before, true?
Easy...there's a boat out there.spechg_imp said:Here's my effort for Tev's challenge. Can you see why it will be disqualified?
I like itspechg_imp said:Here's my effort for Tev's challenge. Can you see why it will be disqualified?

That's because the reduced resolution has hidden the fact that there was a ship on the horizon! Since this forum is populated by such upstanding gentlemen, I couldn't possibly be dishonest about it. Here's a screen grab from the original high res photo showing the offending tub.Tev62_imp said:Looks the business to me spechg, I can see nothing?