CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, guys!

Ben
So my wife is sort of keeping track and following my forum related hijinks, and I showed her a Van Gogh Iris painting on my screen.
Squinting from across the room, she asks "Where's his bike?" ;)

Ben
 
Ok at the risk of embarrassing myself completely with the dressing up box (grown man and all that) here’s my effort. I had a look at Van Goughs works to see if there was something I could use. It took far more effort than I thought TBH and I was trying to guess his mood at ‘Self Portrait with bandages 1889’ so anyway.....braced for incoming remarks.
 
Awesome Jfro! Very imaginative

Those are beautiful Azaleas redbirds, they dont seem to grow here.
 
Thread starter
Great photo, Jfro! and Redbirds! and Ben!

I'm amazed that you matched the hat so well, Jfro!

One of the cool things about this topic (cool to me, at least) is that people are taking a minute to look at Van Gogh's art for inspiration for their photo.

There's an exhibit running here in Chicago called "Immersive Van Gogh". I gave serious thought to calling them and asking them if I bring my bike into their space for this photo. Figured I'd get a strong "NO" and it would probably be a PITA even if they said yes. I may still give them a call, though.
 
Brilliant, Jfro!

Lovely azaleas, redbirds. Good to see you and Sparky out and about.
 
We visited Van Gogh's church at Auvers sur Oise about 3 years ago. Here's a photo of the church from my iPad, reflected in the CB's exhaust. I know it's cheating but you said to use your imagination!


 
That's great spechg. I like how imaginative people are being with this challenge
 
My wife is rather more artistic than I am. She merged a photo of my EX with Van Gogh's Irises. Here's the result

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top