CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone in 60_imp said:
Well, damn, I figured I'd go find a dam. What's the purpose of these photo contests... to get us to go out and ride, right?

Mrs. Gone is... Gone, taking care of her Mom for a few days, so I'm not in a rush to get home. And, seeking the embrace of the local ocean views after working in Georgia for a week, I took a ride up the coast when I left the office yesterday.

I figured with all of the power stations, pumping stations and coastal preserves along the highway, I'd see a dam. But, damn, no dams to be had.

I did read Suhawk's dam fine print, which includes "channel walls." I was tooling around the Naples Canal area of Long Beach, one of my favorite places to tool around. This is one big circular channel, with houses on both sides. Damn expensive homes at that. So, dammit, that should count, right?

The canal houses all do wonderful holiday lights and decorations, and if you're in the Southern California area, it's definitely worth a visit. Looking at the metal railing, I noticed that they had strung up red, white and blue lights, so their getting into the spirit for the 4th of July as well. That's damn nice.

Well, damn, the governor just yesterday issued orders for restaurants to cut off inside dining again as our COVID numbers are rising, so I headed for the barn, and whatever leftovers I could scrounge up in the fridge. On the way home, I figured I'd find some kind of dam along the Santiago Creek runoff channel, and Hot Damn, I found one. This is a dry creek bed that connects to the larger Santa Ana River. There are several dirt and rock dams along the creek, but we'd need a damn flood to ever get it wet, and it's never happened in my lifetime.

And if that happens, my damn garage would flood too.
Dam fine photos and trip report, Mr. Gone! :thanks:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
So, dam and a CB pic for July, is this official??
Dam right it is. I’ve even edited the official list.
 
Come to think of it, maybe I should have used the French word "Barrage". With all the dam joking, Poor MTC, who started and tries to keep this thread on topic, must be pulling his hair out by now. Wait a minute, is that possible MTC? :s

To the subject challenge, I took a ride to a "barrage" named Rio Dam. This is a hydroelectric power project about 25 miles from me. Had a good 80 mile ride but unfortunately, I got caught in a thunderstorm 7 miles from my home. Actually, the cool rain water going through my mesh riding outfit felt good.
7b86714a3b43bfb7e69af3e387af315a.jpg


Great pictures Bob, Ron and Gone, Gone, your photo counts, it does look there is a water control structure in the canal.
 
Well... you asked for a dam pic -- I'll see your CB 1100 dam pic and double down with TWO CB 1100's in a dam pic!

2d74f2d1ad1657e7e04143f08fcbc74e.jpg


That's my DLX and SCCBrider's STD, at the Lake Tahoma dam at near the bottom of HWY 80 near Marion, NC. And, before you ask, no, we're not parking, we're just "resting".

So's who's going to up the ante to 3 CB's in a dam pic???
 
Rare to see arrangement, two beautiful red CB lined up near dam!
<< >>
... and Cormanus pics need clarification: is this famous Cormanus or GrahamT, don't make me disappointed, please
 
awesome guys maybe tomorrow I'll get out and get me a dam pic lol
 
PeterB, that be GrahamT. This be GrahamT and Cormanus—a very rare dam sighting.
 
William Harsha dam at East Fork Lake State Park

7ed751db63fef0200f5728f7d908c9cc.jpg


from beach side

3c4fe49a9f784946d47a2602a0c9baf2.jpg


from dam side

e8bbd15ba75a1c99d4c5806449ece658.jpg


looking back toward beach

10baa1c49ea1f5f59f64a606814ff7ee.jpg


and another ..the Anthony Meldahl Locks and Dam on the Ohio river

5b22c63e2fbd05f6f711445b9d77a464.jpg


457003f1201e43a3e2ec385219b16b29.jpg
 
'The Whispering Wall' Williamstown, South Australia..You whisper something at one side and the sound rebounds around the concrete dam to the other side where you can hear it clearly..
 
Dam! There's a flood of pictures this month. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top