emptysea
Road warrior
Thread starter
Let me be the first to commend you on this dam great idea!
And would a beaver dam count?
And would a beaver dam count?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
As long as you get the state board accredited beaver design engineer in the picture.EmptySea_imp said:Let me be the first to commend you on this dam great idea!
And would a beaver dam count?
Gone, Engineer William Mulholland built flood control projects all over the LA area. He built the the famous LA Aqueduct that was used in many movies. And he built dams, (but we won't mention the St. Francis dam, not a good career move for Mr. Mulholland). The US Army Corps of Engineers built flood control projects in Southern California, example, the Seven Oaks Dam.Gone in 60_imp said:Well, damn. No dams near me that can be accessed without a narrow hiking trail or stopping on a major freeway.
The gutter outside my office jams up with leaves and trash but that’s all I got.
suhawk305_imp said:Wait no more MTC! Here is the Big Reveal:
A picture of your CB with a dam structure in the background. This includes, but not limited to, dams built for flood control, hydroelectric generation, water supply (municipal and agricultural), recreational lakes, navigational purposes (lock and dams, channel walls, etc.), and mills with water power wheels. The remnants of a former dam will do (typically the remains of the dam's abutment structures remains). Also included are flood walls, levees and channel weirs.
Now with the above list, there is no excuse for not participating!
(Please, no moaning by the 2019 WV Rally attendees, especially you KiowaEagle). As a Civil Engineer who specialized in dam safety, I think I bored a captive audience to death at an old WV mill when I defined the purpose of every part of the mill's water conveyance system from the headgate all the way down to the water wheel's tailrace.

Now that's perfect :beerchug:KiowaEagle_imp said:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah yeah, I saw Chinatown too... and there's a big 'ole fountain in Los Feliz commemorating Mulholland. But, most of the dams are way north of L.A. and I'm too lazy to cross the entire L.A. megalopolis and go find one. I might be able to snag a dirt berm in the Santa Ana river near me.suhawk305_imp said:Gone, Engineer William Mulholland built flood control projects all over the LA area. He built the the famous LA Aqueduct that was used in many movies. And he built dams, (but we won't mention the St. Francis dam, not a good career move for Mr. Mulholland). The US Army Corps of Engineers built flood control projects in Southern California, example, the Seven Oaks Dam.Gone in 60_imp said:Well, damn. No dams near me that can be accessed without a narrow hiking trail or stopping on a major freeway.
The gutter outside my office jams up with leaves and trash but that’s all I got.
You might consider the Vail Lake Dam. It is in the mountains southeast of LA and looks like a nice ride, at least on Google MapsGone in 60_imp said:Yeah yeah, I saw Chinatown too... and there's a big 'ole fountain in Los Feliz commemorating Mulholland. But, most of the dams are way north of L.A. and I'm too lazy to cross the entire L.A. megalopolis and go find one. I might be able to snag a dirt berm in the Santa Ana river near me.suhawk305_imp said:Gone, Engineer William Mulholland built flood control projects all over the LA area. He built the the famous LA Aqueduct that was used in many movies. And he built dams, (but we won't mention the St. Francis dam, not a good career move for Mr. Mulholland). The US Army Corps of Engineers built flood control projects in Southern California, example, the Seven Oaks Dam.Gone in 60_imp said:Well, damn. No dams near me that can be accessed without a narrow hiking trail or stopping on a major freeway.
The gutter outside my office jams up with leaves and trash but that’s all I got.
The L.A. Acqueduct is just a concrete river channel that runs through the city, built to control the the L.A. River after the St. Francis Dam collapse flooded out the city. If there's a car chase filmed in L.A., that's the big, flat concrete channel with the angled sides that you always see.
Might be able to get a shot of the Hollywood Reservoir. That's what Charleton Heston jogs across in the opening scenes of Earthquake.


Gosh, I hope so. I had to ride almost three minutes to get that shotpeterbaron_imp said:So, dam and a CB pic for July, is this official??

Cormanus_imp said:Don't Ask Me to post the winning photo. Inhouse Bob got there first.