CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl:
Here ya go...again I defer to the next poster if this is the first. Btw it was sprinkling when I took the photo

f4584a141a3a59f7559ef7645f2829c0.jpg
 
Nice, Ferret...good looking grey clouds, some water there I'm sure.

I tried today, but I just couldn't find the rain clouds I thought would be there...all these darn sunny days of late in Oregon.

But from today's ride, and yes, much too fluffy white, so I'll have to try again.

564f20ebc1b75490341132846ed9e440.jpg


I did have a neat encounter: I was heading up a hill in the country and stopped at a driveway to snap another photo and elderly man came riding out towards me on his quad. I thought he was gonna ask me what I was doing there and then I realized he was staring at the bike. Started asking me about it, told me at 81 he still rides his Goldwing consistently. Half hour later of roadside small talk I had a new friend: Lowell, has lived on the same property with spectactular views of Mt.Hood for over 60 years. Is pretty sure he has been on every single hiway and country road in Oregon in his riding days. Told me to join is "ol' cootz on scoots" club that rides all over the state...I told him I wasn't retired yet, and he said they'd probably let me in their club once they saw my bike.

Felt good to talk with somebody, see a real face with real eyes, a warm smile. I'm pretty sure he was happy to talk with someone as well, said he only makes into town to buy groceries once a week. Can't see his 101 year ol' mom who is in an assisted living home...that he's having to learn how to use zoom just to see her from time to time. Crazy.

Yeah, we kept our 10 foot distance, but it sure was good just to feel human again.
 
Nice encounter Pdedse, I'm sure he enjoyed it as much as you did. People living over 100 years blows my mind. What they have seen.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nice encounter Pdedse, I'm sure he enjoyed it as much as you did. People living over 100 years blows my mind. What they have seen.
My mother was 98 when she passed away a couple of years ago, and she had lived all of modern history.
She had a great memory and was as sharp as a tack to the end.
The stories she told us of her as a child, growing up, marriage, raising us kids, through the depression, WWII and beyond were were priceless.
 
Rocky_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Nice encounter Pdedse, I'm sure he enjoyed it as much as you did. People living over 100 years blows my mind. What they have seen.
My mother was 98 when she passed away a couple of years ago, and she had lived all of modern history.
She had a great memory and was as sharp as a tack to the end.
The stories she told us of her as a child, growing up, marriage, raising us kids, through the depression, WWII and beyond were were priceless.
My mom is nearly 95 and the same with her...very lucid, active, remembers most things but will repeat a story every now and then, but maybe because she has 8 children and can't keep straight to whom she has told what. So fun to hear stories from the 40's and 30's. She's a still working seamstress and has already pumped out some 300 masks for the C-19 thing.

I was thinking of riding to see her this summer--an OR to Illinois trip--but with all this going on, will wait till summer of '21. I did the same trip 4 years ago, and she helped me change the oil and wash the bike!
 
Sound like amazing women gentlemen! And Pdedse good on your mom and the masks.
 
I think I did a little better this evening.
265d4f9f8321d01cb289ecb50bc6e71b.jpg


Maybe this month should be expanded to "any clouds with water"?
3c04896e2b7b5d52fd6ab8df1b520ccb.jpg


There's a little grey in those clouds, lop left. Mt Hood in the background
5ca6fb53b058c2813a0d06425ba5a4a0.jpg


Now I'm getting close...I like this 'cause I got some dark clouds, and the flufffy white in the mirror...and an alien:
28f2430726b6eab25098accaedcd29dc.jpg


But this is going to be my entry for the month:
d3391917fb85252b6981f087d96acb96.jpg


Or maybe this one:
45ba4adb50ecfd06aefd83056c7f04ab.jpg


Don't the rules say "multiple entires allowed"?

A great way to celebrate the end of Mother's Day, '20.
 
Lovely photos, pdedse. Mt Hood is certainly striking.
 
very cool pics Pdedse.I like the second and the last best
 
another entry from today..wasn't supposed to rain until 4 PM. Here it is 1:41

92f39522a59f8c129e58610294712f54.jpg


almost home 1:50

a44d30f7e993cdc4ef3e4b45439f4ff9.jpg


almost made it lol 1:55

2dbc4542e3aaf9fd8c9c3ce1cd757431.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top