Bob750_imp
First service completed
Happy now, Chuckk?Chuckk_imp said:it's too bad, California couldn't borrow just a few of your rainy days.. not too many though !! .. maybe we could do a trade.. I'll give you one of my sunnies for a rainnie ..
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Happy now, Chuckk?Chuckk_imp said:it's too bad, California couldn't borrow just a few of your rainy days.. not too many though !! .. maybe we could do a trade.. I'll give you one of my sunnies for a rainnie ..

... and arguably in any urban traffic.Gone in 60_imp said:Not a hassle if it never rides in the wet. I value my life too much to ride in the rain in L.A. traffic.
Chuckk_imp said:I must confess, I am a hater of traffic.. any kind of traffic .. I leave the outskirts of the small city of ventura and head directly towards the mountains.. I take lightly traveled side roads to get to hwy 33.. after that 20 minute side road trip to 33, I can normally open up the bike to speeds of 65 mph or so.. my first stop is about 40 miles ahead.. mostly just twisties.. on an average ride, I may overtake 5 or 6 cars.. maybe a bike or two.. usually no one passes me.. not that I am that fast, I just ride during the week when all of the younger sport bike riders are at work.. it's great for a guys ego .. haha .. I can easily do a 200 mile loop out there and not get into much traffic at all .. that is my ideal ride.. when I ride with friends, the slower riders get a 20 minute head start.. then meet for lunch at a little restaurant out in the middle of nowhere..
chuckk ..
I am lucky, I can reach quiet 80KPH 50MPH rural escape roads within 5 minutes of my suburban home. My large, quiet, scenic, twisty and hilly motorcycle playground is about an hour away.Gone in 60_imp said:That's awesome. One day I would love to live in a situation where I could point myself in a direction, any direction, that isn't crammed with people. I've come to the realization that being a motorcyclist has made me a very angry car driver. My 11 mile commute takes 18 minutes on the bike, and this morning about 45 minutes in the car. Had I never started riding, I'd accept 45 minutes as normal, and follow along with the other lemmings. But any time I hit any modicum of traffic in a car, I rage. I seethe with fury. When I'm by myself, I scream. When my wife is in the car, I contain myself, but I'll make an aggressive move every now and then without thinking about it. On the bike, I can get around traffic, but my mind is fully consumed with situational awareness. Blissful concentration doesn't leave room for anything else.
Heh, to be honest, I didn't realize SoCal went to sleep.Gone in 60_imp said:The best I can do is go for a sunrise ride on a Sunday morning before all of humanity wakes up. Some nice classical music in my earbuds, that helps the soul quite a bit.

(*sigh*)Nortoon_imp said:Penny and I visited friends in San Jose about 40 years ago. After seeing the tourist sights in San Francisco we decided to go to the casino at Lake Tahoe. We set out very early in the morning and could not believe the jam packed highways heading into San Francisco. Just miles and miles of bumper to bumper cars. It must be horrible now.
It would be better for your quiet neighbourhood to not to advertise its beauty...you would get loud chapters from the GTA next season. And I did not mean PB (aka VD), you know...lolNortoon_imp said:I am lucky, I can reach quiet 80KPH 50MPH rural escape roads within 5 minutes of my suburban home. My large, quiet, scenic, twisty and hilly motorcycle playground is about an hour away.Gone in 60_imp said:That's awesome. One day I would love to live in a situation where I could point myself in a direction, any direction, that isn't crammed with people. I've come to the realization that being a motorcyclist has made me a very angry car driver. My 11 mile commute takes 18 minutes on the bike, and this morning about 45 minutes in the car. Had I never started riding, I'd accept 45 minutes as normal, and follow along with the other lemmings. But any time I hit any modicum of traffic in a car, I rage. I seethe with fury. When I'm by myself, I scream. When my wife is in the car, I contain myself, but I'll make an aggressive move every now and then without thinking about it. On the bike, I can get around traffic, but my mind is fully consumed with situational awareness. Blissful concentration doesn't leave room for anything else.
After I retired, it took me a year with the Penny's help to rid myself of my aggressive rush hour habits. Fifteen years out now she complains I drive too slow. :angel:

It would be better for your quiet neighbourhood to not to advertise its beauty...you would get loud chapters from the GTA next season. And I did not mean PB (aka VD), you know...lolpeterbaron_imp said:It would be better for your quiet neighbourhood to not to advertise its beauty...you would get loud chapters from the GTA next season. And I did not mean PB (aka VD), you know...lolNortoon_imp said:I am lucky, I can reach quiet 80KPH 50MPH rural escape roads within 5 minutes of my suburban home. My large, quiet, scenic, twisty and hilly motorcycle playground is about an hour away.Gone in 60_imp said:That's awesome. One day I would love to live in a situation where I could point myself in a direction, any direction, that isn't crammed with people. I've come to the realization that being a motorcyclist has made me a very angry car driver. My 11 mile commute takes 18 minutes on the bike, and this morning about 45 minutes in the car. Had I never started riding, I'd accept 45 minutes as normal, and follow along with the other lemmings. But any time I hit any modicum of traffic in a car, I rage. I seethe with fury. When I'm by myself, I scream. When my wife is in the car, I contain myself, but I'll make an aggressive move every now and then without thinking about it. On the bike, I can get around traffic, but my mind is fully consumed with situational awareness. Blissful concentration doesn't leave room for anything else.
After I retired, it took me a year with the Penny's help to rid myself of my aggressive rush hour habits. Fifteen years out now she complains I drive too slow. :angel:
![]()