CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
clearviewx_imp said:
mtneers_imp said:
c98014cca3a30b265ba12cbc4fcb408f.jpg

About as much “vista” as I can get between rains. Glad I don’t own a boat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the touches you put on your bike.
I like the touches you put on your bike.

Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I am not quite sure of my understanding of the "distant vista", but I hope this is in the scope...

Le Mont Aiguille :
13a42ff840de9e6df68693378570a692.jpg


Mont Aiguille is a well known rock, 50 km south of Grenoble. Vertical walls, nearly flat top. First recorded climb in 1492, by a team led by Antoine de Ville, a Captain of King Charles VIII.
A few other pictures of this area in this album : 2019 june 13, Vercors

An other ride, deeper in the south of France in Provence - Here Crestet village (just one among some hundreds tiny villages atop hills...)

Two days ride with perfect weather, target was the Mont Ventoux, nice middle height mountain, accessible by beautiful roads. See here : [url=http://img.gg/A9uDFnd]2019 june 16-17, Provence

Jean-Pierre
 
One day, Jean-Pierre, you'll get a PM saying I'm coming to your part of the world. Be warned. Invent a subsequent engagement. :D
 
You're doing exactly what I'm aiming to do, Jean-Pierre!

We spent the night on Mt Ventoux in April (in my "camping car" - motorhome or RV!) and definitely want to tour Provence and particularly round my home in Annecy.

I plan to trailer one of my 'bikes (the BMW or the CB if it's ready) to Annecy and then day-trip out from there. I've relatives near Aix so a few days down there, on Ventoux or Gorges du Verdon (which I also did in the motorhome) will be fantastic. I last did both of those on a motorcycle in 1976 - on my Suzuki GT750 "Kettle". To do it on the CB now would be icing on the cake of my life's motorcycling! :)
 
You getting this rain Sea?

We got 3" yesterday, 2 1/2" today ... Wet wet wet
 
zbillster_imp said:
Good one, EmptySea!

So I guess it's too late for windmill AND abandoned building entries? :D

7356a68a68fdbcfd31b8f6e75d93c583.jpg


Today's vista ...

e460da823e243b4621a4c9577651bb22.jpg


2c75c8cbf6ceb5cd991187e6fe762494.jpg
Like zbillster, I pulled over twice in 24 hours to get some picture snaps and both times some very friendly country bumpkins pulled up vehicles and asked if everything was alright - whether I was having any motorcycle trouble.

I never get that kindness in the city.

- - -

zbillster :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
You getting this rain Sea?

We got 3" yesterday, 2 1/2" today ... Wet wet wet
Beautiful day here today. Took 20 miles to do my 2 mile commute this morning :)

The last thing you need down there is more rain
 
I feel your pain, guys. I've been rained on (and had to wear my banana suit) for 3 days in a row. Thunderstorms appear to be following me around these days.

As for vistas, Django and I spent the morning checking out vistas at Arches Nat'l Park. Unfortunately, park rules would not allow us to get our motorcycles in the pics. Here's one :

162f9013269565e8d1d89d861c9d754e.jpg


How about Django looking for a vista?

1ca626782329a5b53c1a62e3074e10ec.jpg
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
zbillster_imp said:
Good one, EmptySea!

So I guess it's too late for windmill AND abandoned building entries? :D

7356a68a68fdbcfd31b8f6e75d93c583.jpg


Today's vista ...

e460da823e243b4621a4c9577651bb22.jpg


2c75c8cbf6ceb5cd991187e6fe762494.jpg
Like zbillster, I pulled over twice in 24 hours to get some picture snaps and both times some very friendly country bumpkins pulled up vehicles and asked if everything was alright - whether I was having any motorcycle trouble.

I never get that kindness in the city.

- - -

zbillster :thumbsup:
Yeah that happens to me too. Although most times I don't see another vehicle for several miles.

If it's any consolation, I had to wait 2 months for a clear forecast before taking this trip! And back home in DFW it's been storming like crazy.

And having to check the radar weather app carefully. Tuesday was predicted clear. Cloudless sky 9 a.m. and walk into an antique store in Comfort, Texas for 30 minutes, walk out to a black sky with scary dark clouds covering 3/4 of the northern horizon. High tail it south to Boerne near San Antonio. Then I see an opening northwest through Kerrville to Mason. Now gotta pick a clear day to head back home. Probably 3000 mile trip when I'm done.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I feel your pain, guys. I've been rained on (and had to wear my banana suit) for 3 days in a row. Thunderstorms appear to be following me around these days.

As for vistas, Django and I spent the morning checking out vistas at Arches Nat'l Park. Unfortunately, park rules would not allow us to get our motorcycles in the pics. Here's one :

162f9013269565e8d1d89d861c9d754e.jpg


How about Django looking for a vista?

1ca626782329a5b53c1a62e3074e10ec.jpg
Alright! - Great capture of nature and the man.
 
We invited a couple we were riding with over for supper one evening. When they went to go home it was dark and pouring rain. We offered them our old banana rain suits. As they were Harley riders they refused. We told then no other biker is going to be out in this downpour and we were no going to tell anyone. They reluctantly accepted them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top