CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
suhawk305_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
Great vista pictures everyone. I took a picture overlooking the US Military Academy at West Point, along the Hudson River. I was prepared to ride there last Thursday but postponed the ride since that was the day the Army truck rolled over tragically killing a Cadet and injuring several others.

feb7fbfeaf471cc289cdbd9dea26fba3.jpg
I'm taking a ride up to The Storm King Highway this saturday.
I'm taking a ride up to The Storm King Highway this saturday.
Yes, Storm King highway is a scenic section of Route 218. My picture was taken on Route 9W looking over Route 218.
Riding your CB?
Should I? I hear Storm King is a nice stretch of road but I was thinking of giving my cruiser some exercise.
 
KE, it is up to you. Getting there from your part of PA will involve a lot of suburban driving. The stretch of the Storm King Highway is only a few miles long. My comment is based on I avoid urban/suburban riding, especially in my area.
 
suhawk305_imp said:
KE, it is up to you. Getting there from your part of PA will involve a lot of suburban driving. The stretch of the Storm King Highway is only a few miles long. My comment is based on I avoid urban/suburban riding, especially in my area.
That was my thinking. Getting there is going to involve some highway driving more suited to the VTX. I put over 400 miles on the CB last weekend, I think she can sit one out....lol
 
Ok, I'm going to try my second attempt to use Imgur successfully. My neighbor and I set out for a brief ride, and the weather was so good, we went up to the BRP, then decided to go up on Mt. Mitchell. Today's pic is my CB at the Summit parking lot of Mt. Mitchell, highest peak east of the Mississippi. This is looking west toward Tennessee. As you can see, crisp, cool air (mid 50's), with near zero humidity. I swear you could see 100 miles! If Django makes it this way, and the weather is like today, it's a
"must-see" stop!
 
The A-man_imp said:
Ok, I'm going to try my second attempt to use Imgur successfully. My neighbor and I set out for a brief ride, and the weather was so good, we went up to the BRP, then decided to go up on Mt. Mitchell. Today's pic is my CB at the Summit parking lot of Mt. Mitchell, highest peak east of the Mississippi. This is looking west toward Tennessee. As you can see, crisp, cool air (mid 50's), with near zero humidity. I swear you could see 100 miles! If Django makes it this way, and the weather is like today, it's a
"must-see" stop!


Nice pylons to alert passer-bys that a CB has assumed the position and everyone else must enjoy the view ...




... of the CB. :)
 
The A-man_imp said:
Ok, I'm going to try my second attempt to use Imgur successfully. My neighbor and I set out for a brief ride, and the weather was so good, we went up to the BRP, then decided to go up on Mt. Mitchell. Today's pic is my CB at the Summit parking lot of Mt. Mitchell, highest peak east of the Mississippi. This is looking west toward Tennessee. As you can see, crisp, cool air (mid 50's), with near zero humidity. I swear you could see 100 miles! If Django makes it this way, and the weather is like today, it's a
"must-see" stop!


Beautiful view! Looks like a great day to ride :biker:
 
The A-man_imp said:
Ok, I'm going to try my second attempt to use Imgur successfully. My neighbor and I set out for a brief ride, and the weather was so good, we went up to the BRP, then decided to go up on Mt. Mitchell. Today's pic is my CB at the Summit parking lot of Mt. Mitchell, highest peak east of the Mississippi. This is looking west toward Tennessee. As you can see, crisp, cool air (mid 50's), with near zero humidity. I swear you could see 100 miles! If Django makes it this way, and the weather is like today, it's a
"must-see" stop!


My first impression was, - Beautiful pic! :thumbsup:

My second was, "Where does he carry his traffic cones?" :D
 
On my return trip to Brisbane from Tasmania I stopped to get a shot of the most easterly point in Australia .Cape Byron can be seen at the top right.
7babfdbd55218fc9d7324ef84c5b5151.jpg
 
Tezza_imp said:
On my return trip to Brisbane from Tasmania I stopped to get a shot of the most easterly point in Australia .Cape Byron can be seen at the top right.
7babfdbd55218fc9d7324ef84c5b5151.jpg
Riding climate must be getting much more comfortable now?
 
A-man... That shows precisely why they call them the Blue Ridge mountains.

Nice pic Tezza.
 
Tezza_imp said:
On my return trip to Brisbane from Tasmania I stopped to get a shot of the most easterly point in Australia .Cape Byron can be seen at the top right.
7babfdbd55218fc9d7324ef84c5b5151.jpg
Tezzaa, nice bike and pic :thumbsup:
 
I'm currently on week 2 of driving through the Texas Hill Country west of Austin so I've got some coming! Most are in my pocket camera but here's a teaser from my phone.

23d52f23da703cde733257972a989294.jpg
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice ZB.

I reckon a place where hurricanes go to die?
I do have to check the weather carefully! Last week a big storm was predicted, with hurricanes in Austin and hail where I took shelter in Fredericksburg.


 
mtneers_imp said:
c98014cca3a30b265ba12cbc4fcb408f.jpg

About as much “vista” as I can get between rains. Glad I don’t own a boat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the touches you put on your bike.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top