CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frulk_imp said:
Flyn. We should have coordinated on our timing a bit better. I’ll be out there next Thursday to link up with Django.
All is not lost. Though the CB11 will be in Idaho, I still have the CB750 waiting for me when I get back to Phoenix on Sunday. Not sure about next Thursday, but I may try to link up with you guys before the rally. Possibly the 15th or 16th. I'll PM you when I get back home and see what my schedule is looking like.
And in keeping with this month's theme, I spent the afternoon watching the snow covered Wasatch Range as I rode north. I couldn't get the bike in the picture as I was on it at the time.

29e83cd28cb62bae1dc65e15f99bdaaa.jpg


That's an unusual amount of snow for this time of year.
 
The nearer Distant Vista is Black Butte lake. Snow melt from the more distant Distant Vista, the Coast Range, should keep it full for the summer.


Unfortunately time didn't allow me to get a shot that didn't include the fence, but I will try again before the month is out.

Ben
 
Ok guys, I finally got up the courage to try Max's tutorial and open an Imgur account. Hopefully, this pic shows up. It's taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway last Saturday, 1 June. Temps in low to mid 60's and very low humidity. This is looking west toward Tennessee from just south of Little Switzerland. I went up on Hwy 80, took the BRP to Boone, then back south on 221 to 181. 170 mile loop in all.

 
The link works fine, but you should be able to display the picture here like this:

9fbd1aa6263c44b8ce8f7ff9372c7e50.jpg
 
As Cormanus said... Go to your images, choose the pic you want and click on it, it will show up in it's own screen, then copy the BBC code (left click on copy) and then right click paste into your post and the pic should show up. It will start and end with [ img ]

319792a373653fa7656fd069865b6349.jpg
 
Thanks for the help Cormanus.

I swear, Ferret, that's what I did numerous times, but it always copied the link and not the photo itself. Rainy day here - I'll figure it out.
 
You'll get it and when you do we will get to see lots of cool pics cause it will be so easy for you.

be sure to click on the WORD copy. It will automatically copy so that you can paste it
 
OK, I think I've got it now. It works much better when you follow the tutorial's instruction to the letter!

2nd image of the same location on the BRP, just a different view angle.

78bb276d95cf822ecd090fa8f25eaed5.jpg
 
Thread starter
Great pictures of great vistas. Here's my contribution...

dec826eecac8d7b1076ae872a89bb0d5.jpg


Taken from what I believe to be the highest point in Crook...errr..COOK County, IL. If you look closely the distant vista includes Chicago's famous skyline.
 
Great vista pictures everyone. I took a picture overlooking the US Military Academy at West Point, along the Hudson River. I was prepared to ride there last Thursday but postponed the ride since that was the day the Army truck rolled over tragically killing a Cadet and injuring several others.

feb7fbfeaf471cc289cdbd9dea26fba3.jpg
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Great vista pictures everyone. I took a picture overlooking the US Military Academy at West Point, along the Hudson River. I was prepared to ride there last Thursday but postponed the ride since that was the day the Army truck rolled over tragically killing a Cadet and injuring several others.

feb7fbfeaf471cc289cdbd9dea26fba3.jpg
I'm taking a ride up to The Storm King Highway this saturday.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
Great vista pictures everyone. I took a picture overlooking the US Military Academy at West Point, along the Hudson River. I was prepared to ride there last Thursday but postponed the ride since that was the day the Army truck rolled over tragically killing a Cadet and injuring several others.

feb7fbfeaf471cc289cdbd9dea26fba3.jpg
I'm taking a ride up to The Storm King Highway this saturday.
I'm taking a ride up to The Storm King Highway this saturday.
Yes, Storm King highway is a scenic section of Route 218. My picture was taken on Route 9W looking over Route 218.
Riding your CB?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top