CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Post # 813
Location of the photo is 572 Clydbank Road.
CLYDBANK 3851 Victoria.
Lat & Long 38.041528 147.126776.
Picture taken 1st of April.

Regards
 
noroomtomove_imp said:
Re Post # 813
Location of the photo is 572 Clydbank Road.
CLYDBANK 3851 Victoria.
Lat & Long 38.041528 147.126776.
Picture taken 1st of April.

Regards
Looks like the winner to me! Can't wait to see what you come up with next month. Meanwhile, I gotta find some windmills in DC. Hmmm. Lots of hot air in th:thumbsup:is town, so there should be a windmill somewhere close by!
 
Thread starter
nice pics so far. noroomtomove was first in with a qualifying picture!

Stichill's pic is creative and I'm all about being creative, but we have always assumed that the creativity come in the composition phase rather than in the editing phase. Oh...and if I can find a windmill in Chicago, Stich can find one where he's at. LOL

I really like that Flynrider sort of stumbled upon his windmill! That's really the point of this "challenge" -- just to get out and ride, but keeping the month's challenge in the back of your head.

Now, I'll have to be creative for my picture because the weather is going to be too crumby to get out to rural areas...oh wait...just thought of a place....hmmmm
 
Those mammoth generators are more likely to come across than an old style farm windmill




This is one of a group of three, 140 m high mast, 200m with the blade. Located in Hilpensberg, which is 10 km to where I live. Seems like, the installation caused a public reaction:


Anyway, there they are. Today the weather was so unexpectedly good that:
- that 20 km ride turned into a 120 km one :D
- two BMW 1200GS riders I came across actually waved back :hello::D
Definitely it must be the weather...
 
This old windmill is from 1872 and stands in Germany/Schleswig Holstein/Probsteierhagen/Krokau.
It's name is derived from it, simply 'Krokauer Mühle'. CB and windmill fit nicely together.




Wisedrum
 
tuareg_imp said:
Those mammoth generators are more likely to come across than an old style farm windmill




This is one of a group of three, 140 m high mast, 200m with the blade. Located in Hilpensberg, which is 10 km to where I live. Seems like, the installation caused a public reaction:


Anyway, there they are. Today the weather was so unexpectedly good that:
- that 20 km ride turned into a 120 km one :D
- two BMW 1200GS riders I came across actually waved back :hello::D
Definitely it must be the weather...
Nice job tuareg. The wind turbines certainly don't hide in the trees like like the windmills. I really like the turbine in the mirror photo, complete with RLETs. :thumbsup:

The wind turbines are clearly easier to spot than the wind mills, although getting close can sometimes be difficult. Although there are numerous wind turbines around Lubbock and hundreds further South, I took my sample photo from the parking lot of our local windmill museum because I could get a nice close picture. :angel:
Wisedrum_imp said:
This old windmill is from 1872 and stands in Germany/Schleswig Holstein/Probsteierhagen/Krokau.
It's name is derived from it, simply 'Krokauer Mühle'. CB and windmill fit nicely together.




Wisedrum
Now that is a proper windmill! Perfect staging of the CB on the grass in front. That photo certainly deserves to be framed :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Tuareg - LOVE the mirror pic. That's my kind of "creative". Nice work.

Great subject, Rockhop!
 
awesome pics tuareg & Wisedrum! Love the international participation.
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
This old windmill is from 1872 and stands in Germany/Schleswig Holstein/Probsteierhagen/Krokau.
It's name is derived from it, simply 'Krokauer Mühle'. CB and windmill fit nicely together.




Wisedrum
Now THAT's what I call a windmill! Great shot :clap:
 
tuareg_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
This old windmill is from 1872 and stands in Germany/Schleswig Holstein/Probsteierhagen/Krokau.
It's name is derived from it, simply 'Krokauer Mühle'. CB and windmill fit nicely together.




Wisedrum
Now THAT's what I call a windmill! Great shot :clap:
Actually quite true. What we now commonly refer to as a windmill in the US is technically a wind engine or a wind pump since they are typically used to pump ground water rather than driving a millstone to mill grain like the one Wisedrum submitted.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Very cool c-breezy

Also...only 3 days left in March. Rock Hop gets to pick the pic for April.
Danke!

Flynrider_imp said:
Wow, c-breezy! I remember landing at El Toro back in the early 90s, when it was a fully operational base. Your pics make me feel very old. :P
That's awesome. I remember seeing it for the first time in the mid-90s, when I first took in a concert at Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre

pdedse_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
At the former El Toro Marine Corps Air Station in Irvine, CA:

2b26e027db906dc85c665985c09ed94f.jpg


5ec704806e4607ef236bff4dc37d890d.jpg


3486d1def82ef0ea524678d40f32dfb9.jpg


f3b69bb0564c7190b2bdc25366b10911.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the Honda Shadow!
Hahaha nice play on words there

Cormanus_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
At the former El Toro Marine Corps Air Station in Irvine, CA:

2b26e027db906dc85c665985c09ed94f.jpg


5ec704806e4607ef236bff4dc37d890d.jpg


3486d1def82ef0ea524678d40f32dfb9.jpg


f3b69bb0564c7190b2bdc25366b10911.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the Honda Shadow!
I love the Honda Shadow!
Nyuck nyuck. I see what you did there :worship:
I love the Honda Shadow!
Nyuck nyuck. I see what you did there :worship:
I do too and it’s very good.

By the way IHB, I’d forgotten ‘nyuck, nyuck’. Can you remind me which character used to say it?

And ... c-breezy, you have a faint Darth Vader look from that height.
LOL I like that a lot especially since Darth is, after all, one of my idols.

Aussieflyer_imp said:
awesome photos c-breezy, yep you've really taken it to the next level!
Haha quite literally I suppose
 
Captured a pair of working windmills just outside the city limits. Picture was taken from the parking area for the horse arena behind a cowboy church. Yeehaw :celebrate:

0dcb3c865a5da7230147d5b807f07f38.jpg
 
RockHop_imp said:
tuareg_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
This old windmill is from 1872 and stands in Germany/Schleswig Holstein/Probsteierhagen/Krokau.
It's name is derived from it, simply 'Krokauer Mühle'. CB and windmill fit nicely together.




Wisedrum
Now THAT's what I call a windmill! Great shot :clap:
Actually quite true. What we now commonly refer to as a windmill in the US is technically a wind engine or a wind pump since they are typically used to pump ground water rather than driving a millstone to mill grain like the one Wisedrum submitted.
Actually quite true. What we now commonly refer to as a windmill in the US is technically a wind engine or a wind pump since they are typically used to pump ground water rather than driving a millstone to mill grain like the one Wisedrum submitted.
I'm guessing(by the shape) the one Wisedrum submitted is a water pump as you say, used to pump water out of the lowlands, like the Dutch windmill; so its purpose is similar to that of the US ones.
And this is a grain grinder from Greece(Rhodes)


Ok I got carried away :D
 
So let's go back to the picture.
I searched for the purpose of the windmill and it was build to grind grain. Its specification is "Keller - Holländermühle" and is still in function. The translation is somewhat like "Dutch (wind)mill with a cellar".

Here's the website I pulled the information out of. In German but nevertheless:

https://www.probstei.de/krokauer-muehle-78.html

There is a second one in this region not as beautiful as the posted one. Maybe I'll take a trip to it and post it too.

Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
So let's go back to the picture.
I searched for the purpose of the windmill and it was build to grind grain. Its specification is "Keller - Holländermühle" and is still in function. The translation is somewhat like "Dutch (wind)mill with a cellar".

Here's the website I pulled the information out of. In German but nevertheless:

https://www.probstei.de/krokauer-muehle-78.html

There is a second one in this region not as beautiful as the posted one. Maybe I'll take a trip to it and post it too.

Wisedrum
Who cares what's inside, it's still a beautiful example :)
 
RockHop_imp said:
I have to admit, this month's photo challenge was real easy for me out on the South Plains, but may turn out to be a very challenging for some of you.

54e869d5ecbdf72e12d42659a3aaebd4.jpg


April Challenge: Your CB1100 and a WINDMILL. Ideally an old fashioned windmill, but a modern wind turbine is perfectly acceptable. In fact, a small windmill used as a lawn decoration is good enough.

Regardless, happy hunting ...

Some examples:

48844ee0f9fcbb099f8a0ad11927b569.jpg
f8580b531949c247574bce6d5238951c.jpg
This was a great idea RockHop. You're gonna force me to go out into the desert for this one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top