CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
a324a8a91b9c63a3a7afa6e4104ccffe.jpg
. 77 degrees in this park.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Interesting, dsan...is that a pic from the highest point in your town or are those the tallest buildings?
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Interesting, dsan...is that a pic from the highest point in your town or are those the tallest buildings?

Well definitely not the tallest buildings. This is a shot looking east over the peninsula. South of San Francisco. Looking at the Bay. I am sure Rolls knows exactly where. It is up to of a hill.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
While the Jupiter inlet Lighthouse might not be the tallest building in town with 108 ft., it is certainly more interesting than a condo building from the 80's. Built in 1860 it has become the symbol of the town of Jupiter and remains as an active aid to the navigation.



A good excuse to get the bike out on Superbowl day!
 
Thread starter
Nice shot '64. I bet it would be cool in b&w, too. I think the chain link fence makes this picture sort of industrial.
 
Thread starter
A nice (well, “nice” for some) weekend to hop on the old CB1100 and complete the...

February, 2018 Challenge (from EmptySea):

Let's see your CB1100 in front of the tallest building in your town (if you're rural, you can use township, county or zip code--or a 15 mile radius) Ready? Go!
 
Well, it took me a while, because I couldn't see the forest for the trees . . . West Newton, PA is a rather small town (roughly 3500 population) and I couldn't think of a building taller than three stories. Finally, it hit me (like, duh!)

I've been very nearby this building hundreds or thousands of times, since it's just behind the only grocery store in town. It's the Filbern Manor, which is a public housing development for low-income people 62 or older or disabled. Looks to me as if it's 11 or 12 stories.

 
Is that an example of 'brutalist' architecture?
 
Yes, and my beautiful EX became filthy and gray after riding it today (of course, I washed it this afternoon). We had a pretty good rainstorm yesterday, so the salt was gone, but the other filth (so-called anti-skid material) spread on the roads takes longer to disappear. But at least it now has 114 miles on it!
 
Well done. Better a dirty, ridden bike, than a clean unridden one. At least, in my opinion.
 
Thread starter
Nice pic. Fairly ugly building. LOL That's ok, though, because the beauty of the CB1100 is only further accentuated in contrast.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Nice pic. Fairly ugly building. LOL That's ok, though, because the beauty of the CB1100 is only further accentuated in contrast.
Yes, only the Federal government would go to the expense of constructing a high-rise building in a town where land is cheap . . . :dodgy:
Cormanus_imp said:
Well done. Better a dirty, ridden bike, than a clean unridden one. At least, in my opinion.
Yes, I've always subscribed to this philosophy as well . . . but my usual winter ride is my BMW K75RT. A quick wash job makes it look as good as it gets, because it has essentially no chrome and the fairing is fiberglass (I think; it's white in places the paint is rubbed off).

But I couldn't help but ride the CB1100 with 60°F weather yesterday. Never having owned or even ridden a 4-cylinder inline bike in 39 years of riding, I was amazed at all the places filth can hide behind and under those pipes . . . looks to me as though it will only be truly clean once a year (late autumn, when I put it to bed for the winter).
 
think i got better after the third time i tried,it just looked a bit "flat" during the day with the sunshine so i came back later for a bit more color.
it is a bit high, you know so i took three shots just so you get the picture

f4e675201b80649460500f935c888676.jpg


around the corner
2ba321a6bfd900f5a28f8c1342e4ca1d.jpg


and a bit more around the corner
b88c77f297db253ea2caba69437c346a.jpg


it's the skycity casino, 1076 feet high and lit up "gold" and red for the chinese new year, i guess they are good customers.

max
 
Excellent work, max. I seem to recall going to the top of that tower once. As I recall, the lift took 45 seconds go to whoa. I remember walking around the observation deck and having to face the awful reality of vertigo. I could look out the windows, but no way could I walk across the plate glass panels in the floor. Just to rub it in, my then wife jumped up and and down on them.
 
Reading the picture challenge thread I realized I had taken a pic that would fit here
fc2ffb39a3e472973b50b05c00798e50.jpg

Near Convent Louisiana


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top