CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in France, we usually see this kind of sign when the road crosses a river - not systematically, but rather often :
6aca1d3c5b0ac23bbb01c6b76645b9cc.JPG

Isere is the largest river in my area
61fc61efba52f221ffbf26b676d4da76.JPG

At this place, it is about 100 m wide, 150 miles away from its source (one of Alps glaciers)
4d93487d5f0054e3147e10b1a81cd10b.JPG


A few minutes later, the same day, I found this other one: Not the same size indeed! But sun was back again...
c2f24c172d324abe3a87fb9b6d019a3f.JPG


2be09f793f1be0782e4949a24ae3f46e.JPG


1c3460a3a2a0bb7f7f1b7f938bf273b6.JPG


Click here for map
 
Thread starter
very nice pics. I'd like to ride on another continent someday and not just to check it off on a map or a list. Pictures like these from Europe, like those posted by Cormanus, etal., and from our friends in Asia spark that wanderlust in me that only my wallet seems to snuff out.
 
Sea I'd really recommend a European tour like Di and i went on with Edelweiss. They take care of everything so all you have to do is enjoy the trip. Bikes. hotels, luggage, meals, guides. yep a bit pricey, but you have to rent a bike anyway and insure it even if you went on your own. Then you have to find your way around, find hotels find restaurants etc. A guided tour takes out the anxiety of operating in a country with different language, money, customs etc. We had an absolutely great time and we would go back in a heartbeat if I were more well off. For us it was a once in a lifetime trip, and worth every penny. A treasured memory. Since I was a kid I wanted to ride a BMW in the Alps. Only took 50 years to make it come true but it was everything I hoped it would be.

Maybe when your kids get out of college.
 
Thread starter
Maybe someday. I think a tour like that would be great. In the meantime, I get to tour the world on a CB1100 vicariously through the posts of our friends worldwide.
 
Thread starter
Just about 10 days left on the River Challenge. Would love to see a few more entries before February arrives.
 
I passed a river yesterday but had to take the pic on the fly as there was no place to pull over. On my way to dr now will post it up when I get home but not really worth posting.
 
Thread starter
Who's on deck for February. I think I got my pics in first, but I am not sure that they qualify since the river I crossed lacks a clever or unusual name. December's winner, RockHop, should have the final say.
 
Reviewing the arbitrary guidelines that I established, the bar was set excruciatingly low for acceptability.

RockHop_imp said:
New month, new year, new photo challenge for those able to get out and about this time of year.

The challenge is interesting river names. What is interesting? If it got your your attention, that's good enough. In my example, it's a tiny river with a very big name. The sign is about as wide as the river.

BTW - it doesn't need to be fancy official sign.

d393687a2bc81967f0f622dafae110a2.jpg


a7433234c4c782955cded4eaa6322a22.jpg
Based on this, "tag you're it, MTC"
 
Thread starter
OK.. I have a great idea for one, but it has to be summer (in the US). Maybe, I'll 'win' again then. In the meantime, I will be noodling this out. I have a couple of days :)
 
EmptySea_imp said:
OK.. I have a great idea for one, but it has to be summer (in the US). Maybe, I'll 'win' again then. In the meantime, I will be noodling this out. I have a couple of days :)
ah clear bcos this its a good idea, all clear

:rofl:
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the reminder.... For you, Mscb100?? The challenge is "Your CB1100 on a frozen lake"
:rofl: KIDDING!!!!

Give me a minute and I'll have the real challenge up for y'all.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Thanks for the reminder.... For you, Mscb100?? The challenge is "Your CB1100 on a frozen lake"
:rofl: KIDDING!!!!

Give me a minute and I'll have the real challenge up for y'all.
Last week when it was 9 degrees I could have done that photo, lol, if I was crazy enough to get out, and there some in my family that say I would have done it.

No rush on category, I’ve got one more day of bed rest due to the flu bug going around
Going nuts and I need to put some mile on that K&H I traded for last week
Watching Meecum Motorcycle Auction on tv till 6 30 pm
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
The Challenge: A user (the first one will be yours truly) will pick a location, landmark, geographical feature, etc. to serve as the backdrop for your photo. Users will then post photos meeting the requirement in this thread for our ogling pleasure. The first user to submit a qualifying photo chooses the backdrop for the following month's challenge.

The goal: To encourage users to get out and ride and to document those rides with photos and, most of all, to have a little fun with the whole process.

The Rules:
1. The CB1100 must be the featured bike in the photo. Caption the photo with the date and the location.
2. Feel free to alter your photo to make it look better, but don't cut and paste into another photo just to qualify.
3. The photos should be new photos, not something you had on file and especially not something you posted elsewhere in this forum.
4. You may post multiple qualifying pictures in a month, but the background has to be different (ex. you can post two pictures of your bike in front of a train station, but they have to show two different stations)
5. Not really a rule, but don't stop trying to get a picture for a particular month just because someone beat you to the first post for that month. We want to see lots of pictures.
6. The same user cannot pick the photo subject on consecutive months. If the first photo comes from the same user that posted the first photo in the prior month, the second user posting a photo will get to pick the next background subject.

Truly, 6 rules are probably 5 too many. Just go with the spirit of this challenge and get out and ride your motorcycle!
January Challenge (from EmptySea):

Let's see your CB1100 in front of a statue. Ready? Go!
 
The war memorial in the town of Bright (Victoria Aus) may not be the tallest but the angle of the photo makes it look tall!!

b39726c07fda5ddb3e626fceff7676b2.jpg


Photo taken yesterday (3/2/18) whilst returning from a couple days touring the Victorian high country with Cormanus, Ptero and Noroomtomove.
 
Thread starter
Great photo, Aussieflyer! I don't know if it's the tallest building in Bight, either, but I'll take your word on it. So, as long as you live in Bight, you win!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top