CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
New month, new year, new photo challenge for those able to get out and about this time of year.

The challenge is interesting river names. What is interesting? If it got your your attention, that's good enough. In my example, it's a tiny river with a very big name. The sign is about as wide as the river.

BTW - it doesn't need to be fancy official sign.

d393687a2bc81967f0f622dafae110a2.jpg


a7433234c4c782955cded4eaa6322a22.jpg
 
Great idea Rockhop. Does it have to be a river or can a creek count too?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Great idea Rockhop. Does it have to be a river or can a creek count too?
A creek sounds good to me. Also stream, brook, etc.

Bet your creek will be bigger than my river lol
 
We have lots of creeks, but only 2 rivers close to me. The OHIO, and the Little Miami, neither of which have great names lol.
 
I just came back from riding a 100 km route on the Lake Constance shores. Lake Constance is 14 km wide at is widest point and IS part of the Rhein river(Rhein flows into and out of it). The whole idea was, the weather being just above zero and no black ice on the roads, to give the CB a nice warming up before the winter oil change :) So I change the oil, clean the bike, check the forum and see this post :)
I'd have taken a few pictures, but then again they probably wouldn't have qualified anyway :dodgy:
End of blabbering :D
 
Thread starter
I’m submitting this because it’s the only river I crossed on my 15 mile New Year’s Day ride. There is nothing particularly interesting in the name, “Des Plaines River” except that we pronounce both S’s in it and yet we do not pronounce the S in “Illinois”. If this is the first submission, I do not think it is truly worthy of consideration of meeting the challenge.

1b5862d823d00f7805a21916e464e961.jpg
22aa969eded3291c5c82c9b3557cc3d0.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
No wonder your toes were cold MTC!
 
You can't get off that easy, MTC! That is definitely a qualifier, especially considering the conditions.
Great subject, RockHop!
 
Coldest 55 degree ever, felt more like 35
I decided to take all bikes out to charge the batteries and get the oil hot.
The CB and V Strom got their pictures made but it was too cold by the time the sun was setting to snap a quick one of the BMW
 
As a disclaimer, I want y'all to know I'm a Kansas farm boy. Transplanted to Albuquerque, New Mexico.

I rode around today and took photos of our two local 'rivers'. First is the mighty Rio Grande:

0a9946f7dfa0cd8ab4f9e1c34b933229.jpg


8d3362e925f4daa37f24ac92707402f7.jpg

It's purty shallow right now. Snow melt from the north will bring it up this spring. Wait a minute, we haven't had any snow yet down here!

137713de7a89b4347a59d75c2f973a25.jpg

We have cricks in Kansas bigger than this!

368671e4bd46948ceb91d92523129a0d.jpg

And this sign denotes the mighty Rio Puerco!

2c67b9785acb61fab508a2cf4db7e3e6.jpg

Yup, that's the Rio Puerco. Those are not ripples on the water's surface. Those are tire tracks in the sand.
 
Wow not a lot of water in that last one lol.

So how are the bars?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wow not a lot of water in that last one lol.

So how are the bars?
The bars are perfect! I have these same bars on my 850 T3, so I wasn't sailing in uncharted waters when I chose them for the CB. The grips (besides their fitting issues) are also just what I was looking for.

We've gone for over 90 days without any precip down here. That sets us up for forest fires this spring.
 
Got out to get some pics. I live in the SW Ohio hills. There are a number of creeks which flow from these hills down hill to the Ohio River. Creeks meander. Probably why we have so many curvy roads since the roads parallel the creeks. Anyhow here's a few from todays ride

a69248bab42cab14803365c6d118eac8.jpg


c398ee05771f079a5e4eef3bcc0a69d5.jpg


fd3d15004196aebc6598cffce4a36d04.jpg


2070c827202858fe818c1ea6bac0a242.jpg


7cd349bb4ebc831983885ec29aff161f.jpg


7611844a12bb5d3f8bc8e94242436cb7.jpg


a stream? really a creek lol

89527e2274b2a087f005e99289b3a75e.jpg


9ef2902dc9ece828daf70d0454c82dc9.jpg


also thought this was cool. Technically not a named creek but this waterfall froze thanks to 13 days in a row of below freezing temps

835cf93d110524a42aa92273ab71213c.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
Got out to get some pics. I live in the SW Ohio hills. There are a number of creeks which flow from these hills down hill to the Ohio River. Creeks meander. Probably why we have so many curvy roads since the roads parallel the creeks. Anyhow here's a few from todays ride

a69248bab42cab14803365c6d118eac8.jpg


c398ee05771f079a5e4eef3bcc0a69d5.jpg


fd3d15004196aebc6598cffce4a36d04.jpg


2070c827202858fe818c1ea6bac0a242.jpg


7cd349bb4ebc831983885ec29aff161f.jpg


7611844a12bb5d3f8bc8e94242436cb7.jpg


a stream? really a creek lol

89527e2274b2a087f005e99289b3a75e.jpg


9ef2902dc9ece828daf70d0454c82dc9.jpg


also thought this was cool. Technically not a named creek but this waterfall froze thanks to 13 days in a row of below freezing temps

835cf93d110524a42aa92273ab71213c.jpg
Only eight plus a waterfall? Slacker!

Some pretty cool names as well. Good job, ferret :biker:
 
Bullskin creek didn't have a sign but it's also a major feeder creek for the Ohio
 
very scenic photos guys with no leaves on tree's and especially the frozen water fall after leaving the facets drip for two nights last week ....
3rdbike thanks for showing the Rio from Albuquerque , i have a few Los Pollos Hermanos T-Shirt's :thumbsup:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top