CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another from around town. This is the Saint Job of Pochaiv Orthodox Church.

This church has only been at its current location for approximately 2 years, formerly located in a more residential area. It now resides directly behind Pasta Paradiso Ristorante Italiano, right off of the main drag. The golden onion dome, as it's referred to, was relocated from the prior location.

 
This is a lotta flags.

18d645ebbc716bcc860ff8e884246874.jpg
 
Love the golden onion... and I hate onions lol
 
Here's one I took on today's ride

Mt Zion Church of Christ built in 1872. Graves adjacent date back to early 1800's.

fbd4def4d8d160a291ca74603d533dc3.jpg


bbe9fbd34b1046a529636350a084a2cd.jpg
 
cool old wooden church Ferret and history is always great to read .
my mom was also a Parker from N Alabama and some moved to Ohio.
" her cousin was Bonnie who got shot in 1934. "
 
use2b_imp said:
cool old wooden church Ferret and history is always great to read .
my mom was also a Parker from N Alabama and some moved to Ohio.
" her cousin was Bonnie who got shot in 1934. "
really... Clydes girl huh? That's cool.
 
My CB didn't get out of the garage for several weeks, with bad weather here: snow came early, then rain nearly every day...
A little bit dryer today, I went for a short ride, and took these two pictures:

Eglise de la Monta (Saint-Egreve town) - built mid of 19th century.
baa6d5179ca064984b0aae6ce4aef98c.JPG


Eglise du Fontanil-Cornillon (the village I live in) - Built in the Middle Ages,
modified several times over the centuries - last modified end of 19th century.
74a35d73e1f4faecb04aaaa1ac0f6c1d.JPG


Sorry the light was not very good. But it's good riding a little bit when possible!:thumbsup:
Click here for map

Merry Xmas to all
Jean-Pierre
 
I love the look of European churches. So medieval.
 
Nice pics Delphisa , also like those old churches and love going into the Bell towers.

Was a very good month to see so many Churches , God Bless everyone and a Happy New year to all
 
Thread starter
Great church pictures, everyone! I think there were more high quality photos submitted this month than any other so far, but that's a subjective opinion and all the photos this year have been great.

RockHop is up next for January. I don't know what the subject will be, but I hope that, whatever it is, there's one within 10 miles of my house. The way the thermometer and the roads look, I'll be lucky to get even that far away from home in January.

Thanks for making this thread one of my favorites on the forum. Happy New Year!
 
late entry from today's ride . Our Vietnamese Church and School .
I have attended before and know enough Vietnamese to converse but sad i spent a teenage year fighting them. such great people and a blessing to our community .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top