CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we are cooking with gas. You guys have kicked it up a notch at the end of the month

I have an idea for the next challenge if Ben doesn't want to do it (I believe he was next behind me)
 
OK guys ready for the next challenge? It's an easy one, and with Christmas coming up probably an appropriate one

Take a pic of your CB 1100 in front of a church.

These are typical of the churches in my area. Small, 1 room, almost always painted white, with some kind of steeple with either a cross or a bell on top

8c069425d313fa28770d19d34dc71332.jpg


a408e49be716af4733cd4d9b84fd7df6.jpg


c21d4aaf1ccefd2517331cb3250f9f08.jpg
 
Ups, no. Here are still ~8 hours to go 'til December. :angel:

Then, the picture is about 2.5 years old already. So I don't know how that is according to the rules...
 
Well.... here's rule #3 from the first post.

3. The photos should be new photos, not something you had on file and especially not something you posted elsewhere in this forum.

I'm guessing Empty Sea and Ferret are going to tell you to "try again." But hey, I'm just a spectator here.
 
Yep, photos must be taken Dec 1st -Dec 31st, 2017 in the time zone in which you live. I took my photos about 2 weeks ago while riding around trying to come up with an idea. They are just shown as an example, and I will get some more once Dec 1 gets here.
 
Thread starter
Nice subject for December. Supposed to be in the 50s over the weekend. I won't likely be first with my pic, but I will have one by Sunday.
 
Strangely enough, there's a church over the road from where I live, so I could wheel the CB to the end of the drive and just about crib a shot.

Only trouble is, it's already 2 December down under and I'm away from home and the CB. :(
 
Guess nobody wants to be first lol

Here is a Catholic church in Lubbock. Chose it for a couple of reasons:

1. It's close and it is kind of cool today

2. The dome is picturesque

3. Although I have no affiliation, I have 8 generations of family history back to 1627 and they were all Roman Catholic. Emigrated from Village of Heuthen in Prussia (now Germany) in 1851 thru Galveston and settled in the Texas hill county. Traceable thru the St. Nicholas Catholic church records in Heuthen.

4. Also get credit for late entry for November challenge (flags). They are everywhere in Lubbock

5. With about 220 churches in Lubbock, you have to start somewhere :angel:

e0a45bb3eb633cf1027dd7db3c1ad2c2.jpg


a15515020cba7a715812800ac05fd548.jpg
 
Very nice, RockHop! Good to have some local background as well.
These are in the little town of Durham, not far from me...




Unfortunately, I had to crop the cross in both shots. There were cars around in the first one and I couldn't get far enough away in the second.
(Take the picture vertically, dummy) Next time.

Ben
 
Cool pics guys.. Love the dome and the rock church. Rock churches are rare in my area.
 
first 3 photo's taken today . these Churches were built by master ship builders / upside down ships :thumbsup:
first one [ Old Christ Church ] built in 1832
3rd photo taken from inside an open air market downtown Pensacola - CB is in the photo
4th is a file inside shot
 
use2b_imp said:
first 3 photo's taken today . these Churches were built by master ship builders / upside down ships :thumbsup:
first one [ Old Christ Church ] built in 1832
3rd photo taken from inside an open air market downtown Pensacola - CB is in the photo
4th is a file inside shot
Bike looks great as always use2b. The church is great too. Love the woodwork and speaking for myself, who and what it represents. Many Honda ancestors were/are Buddhist so I think spirituality and bikes go together. Freedom. Individuality. Riding out of the crowd, which, the CB just happens to do quite well. Gold is amazing as a CB color.
 
Thread starter
Great church pics, everyone!. I hope I feel well enough to ride tomorrow and I can get my submission in.

Thanks for the history along with the pic, RockHop. Start thinking about what your January challenge will be.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Great church pics, everyone!. I hope I feel well enough to ride tomorrow and I can get my submission in.

Thanks for the history along with the pic, RockHop. Start thinking about what your January challenge will be.
Already have one in mind MTC, but lot’s of time to cogitate about it. I really like ferret’s challlenge for December. Easy to find, but lot’s of opportunity to look for something historical or exceptionally unique or beautiful.
 
I spotted 2 on this mornings ride that will make for good pics I think. Will try and get back out tomorrow on the CB and snap them. It was 27 degrees this morning and I was on the ST.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top